Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 12

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cioce wrote :
The limit is not the "unit" (RMX in this case) but Virtual DJ.

Anyway I can't understand the utility to load the track loaded before and already played.

Please also remember Virtual DJ is a professional live mixing software and not a player software like winamp.

Do you try the Console RMX 4 ?

Posted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 9:44 pm
DjZaxcerna wrote :
Hercules RMX does not work well with ver 6.0.5 not realistic pitch or gain must pull up and down to catch .. much better working on revision 5.2.1 but that does 5 which has 6 so I'm not completely satisfied with the virtual dj, so please virtual dj team to do it as a version of the 5th .. thank youu

Can anyone confirm this?
Does the RMX not work well with the RMX?

Posted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 11:18 pm
Well of course the RMX works with the RMX ... lol

Anyway, back to the point

Quote :
Hercules RMX does not work well with ver 6.0.5 not realistic pitch or gain must pull up and down to catch .. much better working on revision 5.2.1

The RMX performs flawlessly with any version of 6. I have used all versions without issue.

AS jpboggis pointed out, the issues are not with the RMX but how you configure your settings. If you have Auto Gain on, VDJ will automatically set the gain IN THE SOFTWARE, but it CANNOT control the position of the gain knob on your RMX. The same theory applies to the pitch slider. If you sync the BPM, this will set the slider IN THE SOFTWARE.

JP has given instructions a few posts up of how to alleviate this. However it may not be an issue that you are currently experiencing anyway.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 5:09 am
WHATS GOIN ON EVERYBODY,

has anybody heard about this new hercules product named the HERCULES DJ CONSOLE MK4 DJ MIDI CONTROLLER,

how is it different from the rmx and if it is better than the rmx (eg stabilitywise) or not, thanks.

product: http://www.hercules.com/us/DJ-Music/bdd/p/125/dj-console-mk4/

thanks guys

Posted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 3:36 pm
The MK4 is not better than the RMX, it is a re-designed MK2, with better jogwheel sensitivity and a bit more room than the MK2 had, especially near the crossfader. This type of unit is designed around portability, and is geared more toward the amateur or consumer DJ, or the club DJ whom requires the smaller footprint that this type of all-in-one affords.

Posted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 4:44 pm
do all the buttons light up?

Posted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 6:10 pm
farhanashraf wrote :
do all the buttons light up?

Haven't seen it in person, but I'd doubt it.

Posted Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 8:36 pm
tlawyerPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have an RMX and virtual dj 6.05 on at least 2 occasions one of the decks have stopped responding causing me to reboot my PC.
I am using windows 7 (64) bit. Dual Core processor at 3.5 gigs and 4 gids ram. Has anybody reported this problem?

Posted Tue 19 Jan 10 @ 10:25 am
Hello tlawyer,

If you have a second computer, it would be interesting to try on this computer a mix with DJ Console Rmx and VirtualDJ 5.2.2 DJC, to check if the issue comes from the hardware (DJ Console Rmx or USB cable) or a setting in your 64-bit computer.
Among the possible hardware issues, the more likely are
- a drop in the USB bus power: you can test it and avoid it in installing your Rmx on a USB hub with an independant power supply,
- or an electrostatic issue: you can avoid it in grounding the Rmx casing (1 - on the rear panel, remove the screw attaching the aluminium cover (close to the USB port / 2 - wind up a thin coper cable (360 degrees) on the screw, and place the screw in its original position on the aluminium cover / 3 - wind up the other side of the copper cable to the ground screw on the input 1-2),
- a defectiveness of the USB cable or USB port: then changing the USB cable and connecting it on another port of the computer would solve the problem.

Posted Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 8:04 am
tlawyerPRO InfinityMember since 2009
TY I will try that

Posted Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 3:12 pm
Help! Having some Trouble... I just purchased Hercules RMX today.. i installed it and everything... I used up my 20 day Trial for pro before i purchased this.. now im stuck with version 5.2 for a while.... Theres no way i can Reach configuration with that program... all it shows is a plan skin with a Rec key on the top and another key that says More Which asks me to upgrade... so help please... i cant configure anything or hear anyhting! thanks alot all help will be appreciated!

Posted Sat 23 Jan 10 @ 6:58 pm
E_DjFlask wrote :
Help! Having some Trouble... I just purchased Hercules RMX today.. i installed it and everything... I used up my 20 day Trial for pro before i purchased this.. now im stuck with version 5.2 for a while.... Theres no way i can Reach configuration with that program... all it shows is a plan skin with a Rec key on the top and another key that says More Which asks me to upgrade... so help please... i cant configure anything or hear anyhting! thanks alot all help will be appreciated!

Are you trying to use a custom skin?

Posted Sun 24 Jan 10 @ 7:09 pm
Hello E_DjFlask,

I suppose the version you now have is VDJ 5.2 DJC, instead of the 20-day trial version, but I don't understand why you lost your 20-day trial (neither can I understand why you cant hear anything) as it requires more information to help you (writing nothing works gives no information) such as your computer configuration, your settings, and what you did on this computer to come to this result.

1) You can find information on how you can set VirtualDJ 5 DJC in VirtualDJ 5 DJC manual, on http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=6

2) If you just made one mistake (as changing the date of your computer), you can restore your previous computer setting with start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next. On the Select a Restore Point page, click the most recent system restore point in the On this list, click a restore point list, and then click Next.

Posted Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 3:13 am
i'm a recent mac convert from PC / virtual...anyone else having issues of hercules rmx crashes? i'm using virtual 6.0 (not the latest 6.0.5) on my mac 10.0.6 OSx and i believe the most updated drivers for hercules as of october. i had no issues till the past month where sometimes the left deck freezes. the right deck will be done, i'll try to fade in the left deck and the hercules controller won't respond and crash. i've also had a deck crash towards the end of a song giving the awful "cd skipping sound" which i immediately had to shut down the program. now, i've noticed my HD (western digital passport 320gig) has acted up on mac every now and then when mac will give me a failure message "disk drive has not closed properly" when trying to shut down my external and in rare cases when i never touched anything. does my issue sound like a HD issue with my macbook pro (running latest OSx version) or are there still bugs in the virtual programs for mac and hercules RMX interface?

frustrated and broke,
jay

Posted Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 7:22 am
endlessz889,

I wonder whether the problem lays in your settings, in your DJ Console Rmx, or in VirtualDJ.

Can you update your VirtualDJ Rmx version with the release 5.2.2 and test if you get the same issue ?
- register your VirtualDJ 5 Rmx serial number in VirtualDJ website (click on 'Modify my profile' button, and, in 'Licenses' field, type de VirtualDJ serial number which is printed on DJ Console Rmx installation CD enveloppe)
- download VirtualDJ 5.2.2 Rmx (click on download center, and download your DJConsole RMX version)
- test if you get the same issue with this release of VirtualDJ 5.2.2 Rmx. I understand the version pro is more complete, but I just want to check whether you get this bug also in the Rmx version.

Posted Thu 28 Jan 10 @ 10:32 am
I use PC version 6.0.5 with the RMX, and I've been having "left deck issues" as well. I haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet, but I'm working on it. Talk about the forums is that this issue is very rare, indeed, and suggestions are that it is USB related.

Posted Tue 02 Feb 10 @ 9:22 am
RMX works better with 6.0.1 when you close the utility program that run by the clock.windows vista...

Posted Tue 02 Feb 10 @ 5:41 pm
I am interested in using the Hercules RMX with an external sound card/mixer. However I would like to pre-listen/pre-mix with the RMX internal sound card.
Is this possible (Instructions would be appreciated) ? Otherwise I would just go with the Steel.

VCI is not worth the money since the only scratching I do is my head when I look at the price.

Posted Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 9:46 am
Made In Breizh wrote :
endlessz889,

I wonder whether the problem lays in your settings, in your DJ Console Rmx, or in VirtualDJ.

Can you update your VirtualDJ Rmx version with the release 5.2.2 and test if you get the same issue ?
- register your VirtualDJ 5 Rmx serial number in VirtualDJ website (click on 'Modify my profile' button, and, in 'Licenses' field, type de VirtualDJ serial number which is printed on DJ Console Rmx installation CD enveloppe)
- download VirtualDJ 5.2.2 Rmx (click on download center, and download your DJConsole RMX version)
- test if you get the same issue with this release of VirtualDJ 5.2.2 Rmx. I understand the version pro is more complete, but I just want to check whether you get this bug also in the Rmx version.

sorry for delay getting back. knock on wood, but i installed the latest mac version as posted here

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/120727/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/_NEW__VirtualDJ_6_0_5_Mac_release_.html

now i didn't see hercules rmx have any updates except for what came out in teh fall...regardless, tested it last week at my gig and no crashes (jinx, knock on wood, ect. lol :) i go out again tonight to see if i get two weeks in a row. hopefully the mac 6.0.5 update was all that was needed to fix the crashes.

Posted Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 4:04 pm
Hi.. what's the sound set-up with Hercules Mp3 E2 with Behringer UCA202 Sound card audio interface running on VDJ6? Like the input, output and stuff. talk to me like im a 6 year old. please help. I already Downloaded the Asio4all driver. If this is already discussed can somebody help point me to the right link.. thnx..

Posted Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 9:03 pm
28%