Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 11

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

layzi66PRO InfinityMember since 2010
hey everyone i have a problem i just got the hercules rmx today and everything seems to be working fine except for my head phone cue can only hear sound on my right deck if i crossfade to the left i cant hear anything //close to the top right corner there is a knob which i guess is for the head phone cue you can twist it right or left but reguardless of which way i turn in i can only hear out of the right side?? is this a defect in my hardware or is there something i dont know about yet ? PLEASE help i would reallly appreciate this thanks everyone please help

Posted Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 1:09 am
layzi66 wrote :
hey everyone i have a problem i just got the hercules rmx today and everything seems to be working fine except for my head phone cue can only hear sound on my right deck if i crossfade to the left i cant hear anything //close to the top right corner there is a knob which i guess is for the head phone cue you can twist it right or left but reguardless of which way i turn in i can only hear out of the right side?? is this a defect in my hardware or is there something i dont know about yet ? PLEASE help i would reallly appreciate this thanks everyone please help

Have you installed the latest drivers from Hercules (at the top of this topic)?

Posted Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 6:50 pm
Begging someone to answer my Settings question.

Posted Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 12:43 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
It seems ok, did you have a problem with that configuration? If yes, try all settings in PERFORMANCE or FAST and maybe that could solve any trouble you could have.

Posted Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 3:14 pm
jlundy21 wrote :

Can you post the information from your config->sound setup tab?

Posted Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 9:01 pm
discjockeydoc,

IT is 7 post before the one you write. Just look up.

;-)

Posted Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 11:50 pm
how do i get my hercules dj control mp3 e2 to work?
its plugged in, i installed latest drivers!

Posted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 3:56 am

Just need a 4.0 or better sound card installed in your PC. You need this sound card to be installed as Windows Default and Speaker Advanced Config (in SOUND option in the Windows control panel) set as 5.1 surround speakers or quadraphonic.

That's all

Posted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 11:06 am
The club I am working is setting up Virtual Dj Pro-6--. It is set up with a HP pc on Windows 7--latest driver etc. and uses a Hercules MK2. Playing from the PC and MK2 is great!!!! I am really digging it-----It is set up in the following way-- 2- Pioneer CDJ 500ii 's going to line-in's on the MK2-- The line-outs(Deck A and Deck B) on the MK2 go into a DJM 300 mixer.(channel's A and B --)--The DJm300 is the mixer--- Hercules is the controller----Here is the problem--when I select my source as a line-in on the MK2--(this would be the Pioneer CDJ's), I get static type noise during playback.-(almostthe same noise as crackling from a bad piece of vinyl) I know that there is nothing wrong with the CDJ's-- This only happens when I use the CDJ's--not when I use the MK2 to play MP3's from the PC. Any ideas?
If and when I can get this issue fixed- has anyone used the CDJ 500ii's with timecode and Virtual dj---which cd timecode do I need? what recommmended settings--
Thanks in advance

Posted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 2:00 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 2:09 pm
layzi66PRO InfinityMember since 2010
hey that did solve my headphone problem thank you!///but now im having another trouble when i run VDJ the wave formation of the song at the top is really glitchy it doesnt have effect on the music but the wave pattern is super glitchy and it showiung my CPU usage is at its peak! like all the way green the whole time i have installled all newest drivers idk what else it could be could some one help me out with this i run on vista and hercules rmx

Posted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 2:28 pm
tlawyerPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I was just wondering if it would take a complete remaking of the RMX to make the jog wheels touch sensitive meaning (stop the music by placing the hand on the jogs) or just a firmware or software update. I ask because when you touch the wheel in scratch mode the song does stop and as long as you keep moving your hand it stays stopped.

Posted Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 8:45 am
This is impossible because the jogwheels do not have a touch sensor.

With non-touch sensitive jogwheels, VirtualDJ is only able to scratch when the jogwheels are actually moving. When they are stationary, it has no way of knowing whether you are touching them or not.

It would only be possible if Hercules creates and releases a new version of the console in the future that does have touch sensitive jogwheels.

Posted Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 12:35 pm
Thank you you are correct the jogs would have to be moving.

Posted Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 4:51 pm
discjockeydoc wrote :
jlundy21 wrote :

Can you post the information from your config->sound setup tab?

Took a screenshot.

Are these correct?

Posted Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 10:46 pm
Seems to me your settings are correct.

Posted Fri 15 Jan 10 @ 10:06 am
Anybody had a problem of a deck failing to respond with the RMX and VDJ 6.05. I had the problem twice and had to reboot the pc.

Posted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 11:13 am
Hercules RMX does not work well with ver 6.0.5 not realistic pitch or gain must pull up and down to catch .. much better working on revision 5.2.1 but that does 5 which has 6 so I'm not completely satisfied with the virtual dj, so please virtual dj team to do it as a version of the 5th .. thank youu

Posted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 1:40 pm
If the positions of the software (On screen skin) and hardware (Physical knob/slider on the RMX) for gain and pitch are not matched, they must be moved to the correct position first before adjustment can be made. This is to avoid a sudden jump that would be very audible (E.g: Without this feature, If the software pitch slider was at +4% and hardware slider is at 0%, then moving the hardware slider would cause the pitch to suddenly jump back to say 0.1%)

If you don't like this, simply change the mappings (CONFIG -> Mappers) for the gain knob to gain and pitch slider to pitch.

Also, if you are manual beat matching with an external controller, you should disable OPTIONS -> Auto Pitch Matching and OPTIONS -> Pitch Reset on Load (Both of these will result in a hardware/software pitch mismatch every time you load a song.)

Posted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 2:38 pm
acw_dj wrote :
discjockeydoc,

IT is 7 post before the one you write. Just look up.

;-)

OOPS!! My bad...Sorry about that. Anyway, I agree with acw_dj. If you're not having problems, the settings are probably fine. Personally, I've always used fastest performance settings with auto latency to avoid the occasional hiccup.

Posted Sun 17 Jan 10 @ 8:40 pm
26%