Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 10

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

The gain on most controllers is mapped to gain_slider - This is a 'safe' option that will not adjust the gain until the knob is moved to the correct position, as indicated on the skin - I.e: If the gain knob on the skin is at 1 o'clock position, you must move the physical gain knob to 1 o'clock before any adjustments can be made. This is to prevent sudden big increases/decreases in gain that would be caused if the the hardware and software knobs are in completely different positions

Because you have Pro, you can change the mapping if you wish via CONFIG -> Mappers, select the Hercules in the list, find the GAIN mapping and change its action to: gain

Posted Sat 12 Dec 09 @ 1:03 pm
Hey guys...I got a big problem...

Has ANYBODY found a solution to the Windows 7 -- RMX problem? I've been at it all day and night trying to figure out why my machine wont recognize the RMX...I've tried everything, new drivers, re-install, restarts, everything.

My equipment was working perfectly fine yesterday when I was using Windows Vista...

HELP!!!

Posted Sat 12 Dec 09 @ 9:19 pm
OK...I will take a stab at this..

I have been running 6.01 for awhile with the RMX for about 8 Months. No major problems.

No changes took place on the system and I only use this machine for gigs.

Last week at the end of a four hr set the system just stopped. Computer running but software froze and no report made. I thought I heard a static shock through the speakers...Like when you walk across a carpet.

I had noticed that all the lighted buttons on the RMX would flash once or twice every 10 seconds or so.

I turned the program off and restarted. The mixer was flashing as described and would only play 20 seconds of song before happening again.

Rebooted and same thing happened.

I was playing a video when it the problem happened and switched to mp3 the second and third time. Same problem

When i got home I

Upgraded to 6.04
Uprgraded to the latest RMX drivers.

Last night worked well, did not boot the first time but was fine the second.

System worked well for 4 hours.

Tonight when I started the system up the mixer was flashing and had to reboot 2 times before it would stop. It would work for a few minutes and then flash. It seem to give off a static shock sound before beginning its flashing routine again.

It finally seemed to start up OK and not flash and used the system for a four hour event. But a few times I lost the Keyboard in the search box durring the event. It came back but I don't know why. I am not sure if this is a 6.04 problem or related to the RMX issue.

I have a video I took of the flashes to show once I upload it to Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeW0UbzC5yk

Specs are

Vista 64 Bit 4GB DDR3 Ram 640 GB HD & 1TB external
Intel Core 2 DuoPrcss 2.53GHz
1 GB NvidiaGeForceGT 130M - for DDR3 memory
Hercules RMX with latest drivers as of 12/10/09
VDJ Pro 6.04

Files are mostly VOBs but have mp4 and mp3

My thoughts after working with this for over 1 week is that it is a hardware problem maybe something with grounding.

Can someone else share there thougths.

Posted Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 12:22 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ Made In Breizh

This was the same flashing problem happens to me but with Hercules Steel, I think you remember my videos

Posted Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 7:16 am
Hello mattin90,

Please describe completely what you call the Rmx - Windows 7 problem.
Most Windows 7 users have no problem, so, as for any post relating a technical issue, instead of assuming everybody guesses what you talk about, you should take the time to describe completely your configuration, your problem and its symptoms.

DJ Console Rmx installation in Windows 7 is very similar to the installation in Windows XP or Vista:

1) DJ Console Rmx drivers for Windows 7 are not on the installation CD, they are on the internet, on Hercules technical support website.
http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=1
The last release today is 2009.HDJS.4, its direct link is ftp://ftp.hercules.com/pub/webupdate/DJCSeries/2009_HDJS_4.exe

2) If you have installed other drivers before, take into account the fact that, when you run 2009_HDJS_4.exe:
- the installer tests your configuration to check which version of drivers you have,
- if it detects the drivers already installed are older or similar to the current version, it uninstalls the drivers, and stops (it is clearly written in a message at the end of the process)
So, to update drivers, you must run twice 2009_HDJS_4, once to to remove the older or badly installed driver, once to install the new driver.

3) When you run the driver installation, at the moment you connect your device, Windows displays a pop up message (New hardware found) proposing to seek for drivers. Don't answer to this pop up, otherwhise
- Microsoft will replace a part of Rmx drivers with unappropriate drivers,
- and the DJ Console Rmx won't be installed.
If you have clicked on this pop up, the installation is a mess, and you must re-start the installation of the DJ Console Rmx.
If you have installed once the appropriate driver in your system, answering to Windows New Hardware Found is no longer a problem, as Windows new hardware found menu will install this appropriate driver, but as long as the appropriate driver is not installed in the system, don't answer to Microsoft "New Hardware Found" pop up.

4) Some users mentionned they met a problem with an automatic update of Windows replacing, during the installation, the Rmx driver by an unappropriate Microsoft driver. I could not reproduce this bug, so I am not sure of its origin, but when you install a driver, you should:
- switch off the internet connection (switch off the wifi or unplug the network cable)
- disable the firewall (a firewall may prevent the driver installation).

5) The only piece of news in Windows 7 installation process compared to Windows XP or Windows Vista, is that Windows 7 notification area has changed. The notification area is the right end of the task bar, where you can see the icon for DJ Console series control panel. While in Windows XP and Vista you could see the icon of DJ Console series control panel immediately, in Windows 7 you must click on the notification area each time you install a new icon there to choose whether you display it or not.

Posted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 3:16 am
Hello neiljames,

As Ciocce has mentionned it, he met the same issue of flashing LEDs on a DJ Control Steel, and I have seen it also on my Steel, and on my DJ Control Steel moving the USB cable fixed the issue, so it was a contact issue in the USB plug, and it was not related to the software.
On the DJ Control Steel where I met the issue, sticking the USB cable with an adhesive tape to the rear panel of the DJ Control Steel so that it could not move any more solved the issue.

Posted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 3:22 am
Made In Breizh wrote :
Hello neiljames,

As Ciocce has mentionned it, he met the same issue of flashing LEDs on a DJ Control Steel, and I have seen it also on my Steel, and on my DJ Control Steel moving the USB cable fixed the issue, so it was a contact issue in the USB plug, and it was not related to the software.
On the DJ Control Steel where I met the issue, sticking the USB cable with an adhesive tape to the rear panel of the DJ Control Steel so that it could not move any more solved the issue.

That sounds like a dodgy USB cable to me? I would suggest trying a different cable and see if the problem repeats itself.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 11:35 am
What are the best settings for Latency on a Mac? Fastest or Highest Quality?

What about options like "Auto" vs Latency- 64

Basic Interpolation vs Lowpass Filter

Scratch Optmize: Quality vs Latency

Master Tempo: Fast vs Advanced

Posted Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 3:24 pm
Hercules connected to laptop via usb
Hercules connected to hifi via RCA connectors
Running Windows 7

In sound setup if the box next to 'Apply Eq on external inputs' is ticked then the music keeps jumping every so often

If this box is unticked then each time i use the gain, volume, cross-fader etc then i get a low garbled nosie which can be heard through my speakers

My drivers are up to date.

In the hercules DJ console ASIO mode is selected. Shoiuld it be this or WDM? If i change to WDM it reverts back to ASIO

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Posted Tue 29 Dec 09 @ 3:29 pm
Hey people!
I just purchased a new Sennheiser headset, that was ment to work together with my Hercules Rmx Dj console, but i can't seem to make it work ?

- There is no sound in the headset?

My soundsetup is set like this:

Inputs: None

Outputs: Headphones

Soundcard(s): 2 cards
Driver 1: Built-in Outputs
Driver 2: Hercules Dj Console

Output channels: Master : First card / Headphones : Second card

The speakers is set to the computer.

I'm using Mac and everything works, except the headphones.

Pleace Help!?

Posted Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 7:59 am
I upgraded to VDJ 6.05 and everything works, but VDJ is NOT entering the cue point when I hit cue on my Hercules Remix or when I hit cue on VDJ. How do I fix this? I am running XP, everything was working fine until I upgraded-I have a gig tomorrow and I need this fixed. Anyone else have the same issue? How do I fix it?

Posted Wed 30 Dec 09 @ 10:19 pm
jlundy21 wrote :

I took a pic of what i have as my settings.

Are these right people?

Posted Sat 02 Jan 10 @ 6:37 pm
Hello, I'm brand new to djing & any helpful tips would be helpful! I just bought the hercules rmx. I have yet to buy speakers, but that will be my next purchase. My main problem is, when I play any tracks on virtual dj 6, the sound through the headphones is very grainy & with static. I also do experience some skipping. I have an HP pavilion notebook with an AMD turion X2 dual core 2.0 GHz processor and am running vista 32 bit. I just want to know what settings do I have to change to fix this??? Please help!!!

Also, I have a home theater system that I'm curious to see if I could use as speakers. I tried hooking it up to the receiver (which is also the subwoofer) but could only get sound through the sub. The rest of the speakers are hooked up to the receiver using speaker wire. Would I be able to use these? Thanks so much in advance!!!!!!

Posted Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 6:40 pm
Hey everyone I just bought a Hercules mp3 e3 and it works great. The only problem I'm having is that I hear static when I move any of the faders or either of the jog wheels which makes cuing and and well mixing in general a pain (especially trying to record). Does anyone have a solution?????

Posted Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 1:38 am
I'm also having problems mapping the jog wheels they only go one direction + or - other than that it's all mapped out (except for the LED's) don't know how to do that : )

Posted Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 7:31 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Locolos14:

1) First, be sure to use the latest driver for the Rmx (4.HDJS.2009), as well as the latest update for VDJ (v.5.2.2)

Then, apply the changes explained in this guide:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

2) In the DJ Rmx Control Panel, switch to ASIO audio mode, and in the ASIO tab, configure as follow:

- 44 Khz

- 16 bits

- 480 (10 ms)

3) Launch VDJ and use it for a while, taking notice if your still have the same audio issues. If so, you can raise or lower the ASIO Buffer Size until you find the correct setting for your computer (this needs to be done while VDJ is not running).

chrisDGAF13:

Be sure to use the latest driver for the Rmx (4.HDJS.2009), as well as the latest update for VDJ (v.1.03)

Then, apply the changes explained in this guide:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

Posted Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 7:40 am
jlundy21 wrote :
jlundy21 wrote :

I took a pic of what i have as my settings.

Are these right people?

ARE THESE SETTINGS CORRECT?

Posted Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 10:07 pm
Phatso thanks for the help! Unfortunately, I've tried everything & I'm still getting grainy/static sound! I don't know what else to do! I've tested the headphones and it's not that. Does anyone know what esle I can try??? Its really frustrating!!!

Posted Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 12:19 am
Phatso thanks for the help! Unfortunately, I've tried everything & I'm still getting grainy/static sound! I don't know what else to do! I've tested the headphones and it's not that. Does anyone know what esle I can try??? Its really frustrating!!!

In sound setup is the box next to 'Apply Eq on external inputs' ticked?

Posted Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 7:59 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Locolos14:

So this problem is present on both headphone connector (top and front)?

If you connect your speakers system to Output 3/4, do you get the static sound ?

Your console is connected directly to the computer USB port or are you using a USB hub ?

Have you tried using another USB cable an/or another USB port?

ManicOne:

He's using the Rmx version of VDJ, which doesn't have an audio configuration menu

Posted Wed 06 Jan 10 @ 9:06 am
23%