Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A video of the famous crash behavoir - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

agreed

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 7:09 am
Interestingly enough, right after I posted that last one, I went back to scratching and it did a poof style crash. When I started it up again and started scratching the CPU would never break 15 or 18%. I had both decks scratching, loops on both decks, all three effects going on both decks and it did not crash, did not skip and did not miss a beat. Of course with all that going on it sounded like crap, but it did not crash or consume more that 18% CPU. In fact, the ONLY time it used more than 18% was for the second it takes to load a track. I was even scratching while loading the tracks, still no crash. Sometimes it crashes, sometimes it don't.

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 6:01 pm
At least you know your system is tight anewsome. Thanks for trying.

OO

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 7:23 pm
1)do you replicate the problem with all skins?
2)do you replicate the problem with bison also?
3)do you have beatlock turned on?

i saw the video and as i understand you play the same track in both decks? and you have auto bpm enable (cause i see the sliders of xp10 in different possition)

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 12:41 am
Bison does not crash as far as I know. Other XP10 users in the forum have reported that Bison has never crashed on them. It certainly hasn't ever crashed on me. But honestly, on this new laptop the ONLY software installed is VDJ, nothing else. Trying to minimize my opportunity for crashes.

The only skins I use are the advanced skin that comes default and Mixstation titanium. VDJ has defintely crashed when using both of those, and with the Hercules skin when I use that controller.

I read in another thread that those useless simulated spinning disc effects in the skin might be taking up cpu cycles, makes sense to me. I also read a blurb about going into the XML file for the skin and making those silling spinning discs stop. Makes sense to me. Those spinning discs are probably using up cpu, and they certainly are useless with TCV, TCCD and XP10, but I have my doubts that those spinning discs are causing crashes.

I've actually looked at some of the stripped down timecode skins. I like the fact that they get rid of those screen eating spinning discs, but they are too stripped down. I stick with Mixstation cuz it shows me timeline on all my cue points, which effects are active and a lot of good info while mixing. I just could do without the spinning discs. Oh yeah, and the other useless item for external mixer people, the crossfader, levels, and eq buttons are useless in VDJ when your mixer has all these. The guys making the TC skins are on the right track though, pullout all the stuff we don't need when using external controllers and external mixers.

Guess I'm a bit off topic now though.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 12:49 am
tell me about beat lock is it on?

i dont think that is cpu the problem although

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 12:54 am
anewsome, you've brought up some good points about what to include and not to include on what I would term a “Virtual Turntablist” skin. You might want to share your opinions with the VDJ Users in this thread who are currently working on similar skins. Maybe with enough input, a very tight “Virtual Turntablist” skin can be designed:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=10077&page=1

OO

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 3:38 am
Personally, I have reported this issue since the summer. As a matter of fact, the support team said they would look into it since 27th july 2004. I havent heard anything back since then.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 3:45 am
Hopefully someone from Support will repond to this thread soon, especially since video evidence illustrates this problem.

OO

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 3:51 am
Sorry I forgot to answer your question about beatlock. I've never used beatlock for any reason whatsoever. I just can't spend the time to line up those little bars on every song to make the beatlock worthwhile. So no, beatlock is not on, ever. I don't have any keyboard keys mapped to it and defintely no XP10 mapped to beatlock.

Also, the crash has absolutely nothing to do with the same track loaded on each deck. It happens when different tracks are loaded on each deck as well.

As far as the sliders being in different positions, this is a quirk of using the XP10. Whether or not you have BPM reset on or off, when you load a track on a deck, VDJ will automatically try to make it the same BPM as the track on the other deck, no matter where the slider is set or what the config setting says. I've gotten used to it now so I don't care.

The Hercules is different though. If you turn off the BPM match feature with the Hercules, when you load a song it does nothing to the BPM. It just loads it at +/- 0. I have not been able to make VDJ load songs at +/- 0 with the XP10s. It always matches BPM. Which is kind of cool now that I am used to it.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 8:49 am
1) try to replicate the problem with default skin and tell me the resaults

2)try to put the pitch sliders of xp10 to middle and go to options of vdj

there you disable autobpm feature and go to xp10 setting change the value of pitch slider to 16
and also change pich range to -8% +8% from vdj settings

try to replicate the problem with 2 different songs that are different bmps one of them shows the real bpms (that means the dots under the wave to be excactly on beats)

and tell me the resaults.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 1:21 pm
Well I can try this tonight, but right off the bat, I don't think the crash happens as often when the pitch sliders are set to zero. They need to be off center a bit.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 4:37 pm
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I too have experienced this, although not very frequently. VDJ has crashed on me with the pitch sliders set to zero, I use a dedicated system.

Posted Wed 02 Mar 05 @ 4:46 pm
Its a shame that nobody from the support team has bothered to respond.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 2:07 pm
djltHome userMember since 2005
Still nothing ay... tsk tsk

Posted Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 4:34 pm
Anyone else here have the capability to make a video of their crash? Even a screen-recorder type video with sound would work. Those don't even require a camera, just run the screen-recorder on your PC and make a video.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 5:56 pm
hey guys,
first to diagnoze excacty the problem to see what is excactly wrong.I got an idea what is the crash of that video and another one it will not offer more knowledge.I dont say that you dont make it but its unusefull at the moment to provide more infos about the problem.

Posted Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 7:16 pm
Also, if it helps find the problem - I've noticed (and I'm sure others have too) when scratching at the begining of a track the following behavior is observed: When backcueing to get to your spot, the motion is not smooth like when you are a little further into the track. When you backcue it will all of a sudden "snap" back a second or two. It's hard to explain in words but very easy to see in a video. Slowly moving the wheel backwards, track is slowly moving along with the wheel motion then all of a sudden, snap! The track on screen jumps backwards a bunch but the wheel was still moving slowly. This only happens at the start of a track. It may be related to what is causing the crash.

Hope that helps find this crash problem. Anyone else seen this?

Posted Thu 03 Mar 05 @ 7:46 pm
Bro...new to VDJ and so far I love it. My DJ mentors sold me on it after they both used it at the club scratching videos. I am waiting for my Maya 44 soundcard to come in before I test it at a live gig. I have purchased Serato Scratch and PCDJ FX with KJ and MixMiester and have the indigo DJ card. During my testing of all these programs and some video games and video editing softwares, I have only seen a problem similar to your only once. It had something to do with the video card and the direct x plug ins. I upgraded to the latest direct x and installed a high end video card with 128mb onboard memory. I haven't had a problem since. You may also want to see how many programs you got running in the background.

Posted Sat 16 Jul 05 @ 8:49 pm
I watched the Video and that crash is unacceptable . Where is the support team when you need them. Oh they are on another thread patting themselves on the back saying how stable VDJ is. You gave them a chance to reply so this is what happens.

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 4:44 pm
83%