Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: is it my hercules ? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

hey guys. im new to the forum but old to the software.
been using vdj for a few years.
no probs untill i got the hercules mk2.
now i get glitches and pops NO MATTER WHAT SETTING
unchecked overclock and safemode
read every skyfxl blog there is.
reinstalled xp 3 times.
adjusted asio buffer at every setting
all drivers are updated.
no irq conflicts.
no other programs running.
using asio drivers with mk2.
computer is a compaq c552us with 1.6 ghz with intel m 520 processor. 2 gigs of ram
used 5 other versions of virtual dj and they all glitched.
i noticed when i use my tcv the glitches are more rare, but instead i get that "mini scratch" glitch.

compaq c552us laptop
2 technics 1200 tts
1 denon x-100 mixer
hercules dj mk2
2 shure m447 needles

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 2:48 am
this could be a waste of time, but it's nice to communicate with another MK2 user so here goes...
I thought the MK2 likes to work in WDM mode with VDJ, although ASIO is needed for s/w like Traktor?

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 8:11 am
asio is used for tcv (as far as i know).
ive tried just using the mk2, still glitches.
ive tried using the tcv. still glitches.
ive done everythign it seems except fot shelling out 500 bucks for a super beefy soundcard.
when i use the mk2 and wdm mode.....guess what....GLITCHES.
im sure someone will tell me to purchase the pro version and register it, but im using my roommates copy and i will not purchase the pro version until i know that it will work.
i HATEserato.
never liked it.
i love vdj but im at the end of my rope.
please someone help me.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 11:29 am
for an example of how the glitches sound, go to myspace.com/devianttx and play the tune called promo mix intro. there is a glitch in the beginning

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 11:32 am

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 1:09 pm
hey man thanks a bunch. this is the first tiem ive had to ask for help in years. usually i can figure it out by readign the forums. checking it now. thnx

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 1:30 pm
ok. i disabled and re-enabled everything but essentials. still has latency spikes.
it generally stays at 24 on the latency, but spikes to 1990 or so every 2 minutes.
any more ideas ?
also, it NEVER glitches when the hercules is not plugged in

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 2:41 pm
24 would definitely be fine, but as you said you are getting these spikes which are really huge! Are you using the drivers which came with the Hercules? You can get the latest driver here.

Also please consider registering your software.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 2:45 pm
thanks for the speedy response. and yes, i plan to buy 5.1pro as soon as i clear these spikes.
i have the latest drivers from hercules.
wireless disabled (caused large spikes) but i already knew that.
id love to get these glitches sorted. my mixign is good, but people always say, "whats that glitching?"
i say..."it gives the mix that unique touch" =)
but seriously, id love to fix it
any more ideas ?

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 2:51 pm
No problem. I always had better luck with the WDM drivers with the Mk2. The ASIO drivers aren't that good. Skyfxl used to recommend that people give asio4all a try, which seemed to work better than Hercules native ASIO drivers. The reason I suggest WDM however, if you're not using Timecode is that asio4all uses the WDM drivers.

How have you got VirtualDJ's performance tab setup? Try dragging the slider all the way to the left but leave latency set to Auto. Personally I'm still unsure how Safemode and Overclock are supposed to work, but try leaving them both enabled for now. I did find when I had pops and glitches, safemode did help occasionally although the waveforms in VirtualDJ weren't as smooth.

Also disable keylock/master tempo from within the skin you're using (usually the padlock).

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 2:58 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
TX Hooligan wrote :
hey guys. im new to the forum but old to the software.
been using vdj for a few years.

Perhaps it is time to purchase a licensed version of the program now?......Hope too see you as a pro licensed user soon....

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 3:11 pm
performance tab always stays to the left.
the latency tester spikes with no hercules plugged in. does this mean that the problem lies within my pc and not the herc ?

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 3:58 pm
master tempo is always disabled.
ill try leaving overclock and safemode on for now.
i use tcv and hercules. sometimes when the tcv screws up (usually in the middle of the set at the club) i switch to the herc. but it glitches both ways

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 4:01 pm
i also hope to see myself as a liscenced user soon.....very soon !!!!!
but ya gotta know if the girl is crazy before u marry her. same with the software.
gotta know if my comp will handle it before i buy. i think that is fair.
i love the software, but i need this fixed.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 4:03 pm
To be honest 'TX Hooligan' if you are using the software at gigs with timecodes you should buy it as you are probably using a cracked version. The demo has something like a 5 minute limit and the Mk2 software 15 minutes.

Make sure to register your Mk2 on this website and then in the future (hopefully soon) you can upgrade to the pro version here at a discount.

If the latency checker is spiking with no Mk2 connected, that would hint that your problem lies elsewhere on your system. You can try closing as many services and processes as possible before using Virtual DJ and seeing if that helps to remedy the problem.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 4:12 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
If you kept most women on the string for years, and told them you wanted to make sure they were not crazy before you married them. They you dump you faster than you can say "but sweety!..."

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 4:14 pm
the version is 5.07 pro. that im using.
roommate purchased it before i got there.
no idea where the cd key is.
any common background services or startup apps that generally cause dropouts that i can cancel ?

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 4:15 pm
some womens crazyness dosent show up for a while .. kinda like aids =\

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 4:18 pm
If you're using Windows Vista, the search (indexing) service, also things like the sidebar. As you're using XP, it should already be fairly optimal. You can close general things like Windows Live Messenger for example.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 4:23 pm
aside from startup services, would background services cause these spikes ?
only 4 startup services ae up. 3 from windows and my herc

Posted Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 5:01 pm
74%