Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 28

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Could you do me a step by step guide so I can try and replicate and then fix please?

Posted Thu 03 May 12 @ 3:43 pm
Mac ScrollText updated to v1.0.4.

* Updated video rendering function (now uses the same method as ShowLogo to render video)
* Small code tidyups
* Fixed potential memory leak

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 8:55 am
I know you have your time in the new MAc version, but, don't forget the Win users please! We still waiting for the revolutionary Win version!

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 10:05 am
Windows users are not forgotten - I'm still a windows user, only use OS X for plugin development for Mac users.

The major update is coming :)

Posted Fri 04 May 12 @ 10:34 am
Hi,

I have a strange problem that appears on Titler & SBDJ ScrollText .

The messages appear for a second and after that they disappear, after a while they appear again but not always.
I am using it combined with the Slideshow plugin.
Even with Slideshow turned off, the same thnig...no text apears...only for a second, after that nothing!

My system is a Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA 9500GT (latest driver), dirextX 9c, 4GB Ram, Windows XP Pro, Virtul DJ 7.05b (b380)

Thanks
George

Posted Sat 05 May 12 @ 11:50 am
Absolutely no idea at this time I'm afraid, ScrollText has been around a long time and I don't recall anyone else having this issue.

I'll be putting out an update to ScrollText (PC) in the next few days, so try that when I release it and we'll go from there :)

Posted Sat 05 May 12 @ 12:19 pm
Thank you!

Posted Sat 05 May 12 @ 2:13 pm
My Scrolltext crashes the program in when I use it after show logo, when I remove a text string, when I add a text string, when I use Scrolltext and show logo together. The 1.4 update seems to crash quicker and more often when I do these things. Any help would be appreciated!

Posted Mon 07 May 12 @ 9:40 am
I also had a crash with show logo & scrolltext
in automix with show logo and scrolltext I crashed the video (but not the music) then when I went to remove the effects the program has been closed

Posted Mon 07 May 12 @ 11:54 am
OK, I'll have a look. Again crash reports and exact steps would be helpful.

Posted Mon 07 May 12 @ 4:09 pm
I too have the vanishing messages in the messages window. Have had from the start. The plugin runs fine, the messages play, but the messages window is blank if i go back later in the night to edit a message.

Posted Wed 09 May 12 @ 11:12 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
How it works #COUNTDOWN#

thank you

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 11:16 am
For starters, great application and kudos to our creator, job well done!

I've searched the forum's first as to not be "clutter" this space, but remain a touch confused with how I'd like this to work...

I would like to stream the artist / title across the bottom etc... of the screen without manually typing it in. Is automation an option or simply a manual operation at this time.

Do I need to "load" a macro command file for this to automatically occur? If so, I'm not sure where to seek a file to upload or how to do this.

I intuitively typed some of the forum mentioned macro hash tag strings into the actually "Message" field thinking it would self populate the string, however it of course just scrolls the string typed in. What am I missing?

Thank you for your patience, review, and know your time and guidance is much appreciated.

Version: SBDJ Scroll Text V1.0.4
Platform: Mac

Thanks,
Diablo

Posted Mon 02 Jul 12 @ 1:25 pm
The Mac version of ScrollText doesn't support Macros - it's coming in the unified version that will mirror most features on the PC and Mac platforms.

Posted Mon 02 Jul 12 @ 6:43 pm
Scott, any reason you can think of that background transparency (alpha) would no longer work, its always 100% here now, it used to work fine on this pc. I haven't re-installed or anything, it just suddenly stopped working.

Text alpha still seems to work.

K

Posted Fri 06 Jul 12 @ 3:48 am
Not off the top of my head - which version?

Posted Fri 06 Jul 12 @ 7:58 am
The latest v1 version I would suspect, unless you slipped out a update while I wasn't watching...

Posted Fri 06 Jul 12 @ 11:59 pm
Not done anything with v1 in a while now, not sure what's happening there.

On another note v2.1 is currently undergoing beta testing :)

Posted Tue 10 Jul 12 @ 7:50 pm
SBDJ wrote :
The Mac version of ScrollText doesn't support Macros - it's coming in the unified version that will mirror most features on the PC and Mac platforms.

Sounds great, I'd be more than happy to help assist in beta testing it when the time comes. Thanks for the response.

This may be new or old news to you, but I thought I'd share to help out:
The current Mac ScrollText version (v1.0.4) with higher resolution videos (720dpi), makes the video go out of sync to the music when activated. As soon as I cut ScrollText off, it syncs right back up. Just wanted to let you know for your further development of the plug in. Since I combine both audio/video I do have a ClipBank looped visualizer playing the the background, but whether it's on or off, this still yields the same result syncing result. When ScrollText is on, it adds about 1/4 more to the CPU usage bar as well.

I'm using the MixLab V3.1, skin. It does not seem to make a difference in performance issues using it or using the standard VDJ skin.

This is a great plug in, I just have to monitor it when I'm using it to keep the latency/sync issue from happening. I am really looking forward to dedicating myself to using it weekly once these issues are resolved.

Diablo's Computer System:
MacBook Pro5,1:
Dual Core
Software: 10.6.8
Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForceM 9400M (VRAM 256)
NVIDIA GeForceM 9600 GT (VRAM 512)

Posted Thu 12 Jul 12 @ 2:06 pm
I had an old copy of x.x.6 installed, with the newer x.x.7 version. I have two copies of the plugin, one for a top scroller, one for a bottom one. When I last updated the plugin, i must have forgotten to update the copy.

I was wondering why the saved files from one would not work in the other, and this was why.

Posted Wed 18 Jul 12 @ 4:52 am
92%