Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help Setting Up Hercules RMX controller - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Let’s use this thread to communicate and resolve issues with (MK3 RMX)

PLEASE no compaints

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 8:09 am
I resolved the issue I had of sound not coming from the second deck by choosing the soundcard as 4.1 instead of the RMX icon.

Still trying to resolve why the sample section has no volume when in 2 channel external mixer mode and why the flippin double effect won't work when configured to one of the effects buttons.

I'm using my RMX with a Vestax dsm 410 mixer and Dell laptop; Win XP home, 1 gb ram, pentium m. 1.8 ghz, 120 gb hard drive (5400 rpm);^]

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 8:31 am
Sound is hiccupping (short skip) all night long. I’ve try messing with the PROFORMANCE settings with and without ASIO. I need this DAM thing to work tonight or I’m seriously considering packing it up and shipping it back.

NEW HP Pavilion with VISTA
Processor Intel Core 2 Due CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz
4GB RAM
64-bit OS

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 8:40 am
May be a bug with Vista, that's certainly strange given your PC specs. I would say to check your IRQ list, but I've got my USB, Graphics and internal sound card on the same IRQ without those results (WDM drivers). Hope you get it sorted out soon, it's a dam good controler for the money;^]

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 8:51 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
My mk2 sometimes makes the audio "hicups" if I run it in WDM mode. I run the unit now in Asio mode (mk2 system tray) with latency on or about 30ms. Also the in the preformance tab of VirtualDJ, I set the preset slider to fastest and Latency on Auto, with safe mode checked and overclocked unchecked.

I'm Know the RMX is not the mk2, but it looks like to me the soundcard is very similar, so I would try the above and see if that helps you.

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 8:54 am
Timmyg1978 wrote :
May be a bug with Vista, that's certainly strange given your PC specs. I would say to check your IRQ list, but I've got my USB, Graphics and internal sound card on the same IRQ without those results (WDM drivers). Hope you get it sorted out soon, it's a dam good controler for the money;^]

I really like the look and feel of the RMX. Could you give me directions to check and fix the IRQ list?

What are your sound card settings?

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 9:07 am
Go to system information under system tools, then click on hardware resources & then IRQs. This will give you a list of your hardware & what IRQ each piece is on. I've never had any luck changing an IRQ which is why I had to move my timecode system to my Vaio desktop so I could instead use a pci card (delta 1010lt). In the RMX control panel I've got WDM selected (circle is white with black border when selected, black circle when unselected), and in VDJ sound setup I've got inputs none, outputs 3 channel mixer, soundcard 2 cards. In performances I've got the slider to the second setting from fastest, sound card latency auto with safe mode checked and overlocked unchecked. Also using the cue widescreen skin;^]

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 9:26 am
Timmyg1978 wrote :
Go to system information under system tools, then click on hardware resources & then IRQs. This will give you a list of your hardware & what IRQ each piece is on. I've never had any luck changing an IRQ which is why I had to move my timecode system to my Vaio desktop so I could instead use a pci card (delta 1010lt). In the RMX control panel I've got WDM selected (circle is white with black border when selected, black circle when unselected), and in VDJ sound setup I've got inputs none, outputs 3 channel mixer, soundcard 2 cards. In performances I've got the slider to the second setting from fastest, sound card latency auto with safe mode checked and overlocked unchecked. Also using the cue widescreen skin;^]

Are u using RMX as Sound Card and Second Card under sound setup?

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 9:45 am
I tryed 4.1 and seems to work okay.

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 9:54 am
I'm using the RMX for decks 1 & 2 and my internal card for the sample section (at least until the sample volume problem is fixed with two channel mixer mode). Yup, using the RMX icon created problems for me as well (though differant problems), but 4.1 works pretty well. Glad you got sorted & I hope that it continues to work for you. Just test it test it test it & test some more (my philosophy anyway)..lol;^]

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 10:05 am
Timmyg1978 wrote :
I'm using the RMX for decks 1 & 2 and my internal card for the sample section (at least until the sample volume problem is fixed with two channel mixer mode). Yup, using the RMX icon created problems for me as well (though differant problems), but 4.1 works pretty well. Glad you got sorted & I hope that it continues to work for you. Just test it test it test it & test some more (my philosophy anyway)..lol;^]

Could you check this

Load song in Deck.

Select TC (Activate Timecode)

Play song until the end and watch the deck continue to play. WEEEEE!!!!!

The song doesn’t repeat, the timer and deck keep going and going and going.

You need to manually stop the Deck

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 10:08 am
I'm not using timecodes with my RMX & my skin doesn't have the activate buttons. But I'm not having that problem, for me when the song ends it ends;^]

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 10:31 am
Timmyg1978 wrote :
I'm not using timecodes with my RMX & my skin doesn't have the activate buttons. But I'm not having that problem, for me when the song ends it ends;^]

You def need to have TC selected. Thanks

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 10:39 am
DAMMM IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still Skips

Should I shut off Disable programs from SERVICES like what was suggested for XP??

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 10:57 am
Couldn't hurt to try;^]

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 11:01 am
paulettecerra wrote :
DAMMM IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still Skips

Should I shut off Disable programs from SERVICES like what was suggested for XP??

Yep, just go though them, and them disable the ones you actually don't need, but be carefull.

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 11:02 am
jimmy b wrote :
paulettecerra wrote :
DAMMM IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still Skips

Yep, just go though them, and them disable the ones you actually don't need, but be carefull.

i was going use the list to shut down by VDJ. But is it needed with VISTA?

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 11:08 am
Jimmy B

Have you experienced this problem and what are your sound card settings for RMX?

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 11:11 am
I've got the mk2, but I got sound issues when I first connected the mk2 up. I run on these.

In the mk2 system tray, click on Asio mode

VirtualDJ config>performance> preset slider on Fastest.

Latency on auto

Safe mode checked, Overclock unchecked.

That's what I run on, try it out and see.

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 12:21 pm
I would like to thank everyone for all your help yesterday. Last night when flawlessly all do to turning off Norton and that’s the first thing I always did with my XP OS but up till I received the MK3 I didn’t have any problems running VISTA with my NTC.

So everyone that haven’t turned off anti viruses program, TURN IT OFF!!!!

Sincerely John

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 7:38 am
65%