Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MacBook Pro and Cue 5.0 Failed me Tonight!!!!!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Dude tonight was a bad night for me..........first, the speakers blew way before I started the night.......second, during my session the sound was acting up, it would either fade out or it would sound all groggy as if it was playing underwater, and thats not all, after loading up some of my videos, they'll be a delay.........then finally it froze up on me which led me too reboot my Mac...............dude not cool....................everyone was looking at me as if they wanted to kill me................................................

wassup ?????

I'm gonna have to switch back to my PC to get through my gigs.........

Let me know what can I do to fix these bugs..

Thanks your boy Los

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 7:30 pm
Dont feel bad i had 200 people look at me as i tried to restart my macbook last week.

Posted Fri 02 May 08 @ 7:48 pm
Are you still using your Mac?? or did you switch

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 3:12 am
i have a big gig friday...this is not filling me with confidence!!!

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 6:30 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
los_1223 wrote :
Dude tonight was a bad night for me..........first, the speakers blew way before I started the night.......second, during my session the sound was acting up, it would either fade out or it would sound all groggy as if it was playing underwater, and thats not all, after loading up some of my videos, they'll be a delay.........then finally it froze up on me which led me too reboot my Mac...............dude not cool....................everyone was looking at me as if they wanted to kill me................................................

wassup ?????

I'm gonna have to switch back to my PC to get through my gigs.........

Let me know what can I do to fix these bugs..

Thanks your boy Los

Which mac?
Which soundcard
Which version?
What files where you using?

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 7:28 pm
MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Dual 2.6 Ghz
4 Gb of Ram
Mac OS X Leopard

Audio Numark DJ IO

Cue 5.07

I was using some wma files that didn't load at all, but I install a quicktime audio decoder for wma files and it works properly..................

I need serious help becuase I'm real close to switch back to my PC........

Thanks bro

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 2:38 am
Los 1223, sorry u are having problems & unfortunately I don't have any suggestions cos' i'm a newbie here...I was just wondering, are U saying U had much better results with your PC? I ask because I'm about to switch to VDJ/Cue & am trying to decide b/w a PC or a Mac.

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 7:55 am
I don't use Cue's video mixing, but I would bet that you might want to look into converting your WMA files to a more Apple-friendly format. Logically, your data has to travel "farther" by going through a third-party decoder. There's a free program called iSquint which can convert pretty much anything.

Your DJiO isn't going to work properly because the new Leopard drivers have not been released (as far as I know). You can search "djio" in the mac forum to get more details on that. My solution to this problem was to spend $15 at Radio Shack to split the headphone output. Honestly, the sound quality isn't bad...(I use it for $2500 weddings every weekend)...

You've got more than enough horsepower for video mixing...are you sure you've configured everything properly? If you haven't tried the auto-latency/fastest performance settings yet I would give that a go. Be sure to disable Airport during shows. You can also remove startup programs in System Preferences>>Accounts>>Login Items.

Good luck,
J

Posted Mon 05 May 08 @ 7:03 pm
Dude thanks for the info......... I was about to convert all of my files, but I did a search and I found out that I have close to 13,000 plus wma files................it was to much of work to convert everything, so I figure I can just add a codex or something..........but now that you mention that I'll start the process...

Ok so I have to wait for mac to update there drivers? are there any other devices like the DJiO that is compatible and will do the same work?

I'm currently overseas so its kinda hard for me to get updates on the regular basis, but when I get back home hopefully I can find someone in the Florida area to give a crash course on my new mac that I purchase 5 months ago.......

in the mean time I'm going to switch back to my HP because it has been reliable in the past.

Thanks bro

yoru boy LoS

Posted Wed 07 May 08 @ 10:16 pm
The DJiO guys are working to roll out new drivers for Leopard. I'm optimistic, but at the same time, it's taking an awfully long time. Other devices are having the same issues. It's apparently a hardware issue. It has something to do with the way the USB ports are wired to the motherboard. I don't really get it.

As per your wma files...think about it. "Windows Media Audio" on a Mac...you don't put a hamburger on a hot dog bun, even though you can make it fit.

J

Posted Thu 08 May 08 @ 6:35 am
djjoemunson wrote :
The DJiO guys are working to roll out new drivers for Leopard. I'm optimistic, but at the same time, it's taking an awfully long time. Other devices are having the same issues. It's apparently a hardware issue. It has something to do with the way the USB ports are wired to the motherboard. I don't really get it.

As per your wma files...think about it. "Windows Media Audio" on a Mac...you don't put a hamburger on a hot dog bun, even though you can make it fit.

J

Hi its very important for us to get this driver released its still in testing its important its perfect.

Leopard has some issues with audio in general and this was tricky to get round.

Posted Thu 08 May 08 @ 4:34 pm
Understood. I don't mine waiting if it means my first dances won't cut out. The headphone jack is fine for now.

Is there any sort of ETA you can give? (shoot far, not short)

J

Posted Thu 08 May 08 @ 7:02 pm
I always had that problem, I have to hold USB cable at a certain angle just to get the DJiO connected.......... its like trying to do a circus stunt..........

Im actually converting all of my wma files at this moment................ITS A LONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG PROESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.........

How are we going to know that the update has been????

Your Boy LoS

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 6:30 am
Check back on the forum every now and then...

Posted Fri 09 May 08 @ 8:48 am
Oh My god, guys the same thing happen to me kast week. Do you know how it feels when you're doing a party in a college to have everyone looking @ u like you're the dumest person ever. I was playing for african students, twice virtual dj froze, and after that 4 times it just restart.

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

I was using maya 44usb sound card. One other problem is i keep on lossing signal or there were delays when trying to scratch.

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 7:50 am
DJ NicePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Where's the support team?! How about a suggestion or solution......(better yet refunds) Looks like these guys are
back to there old tricks which SUCKS! I have the same crap happen as well real lag and sounds like the songs playing
underwater also when you scratch there's like a 1(sec) delay. After my set f**** up the vibe in the club, I was telling
the next DJ coming on that 'the sound board is having issues sounds like s**!" He's comes up plugs in his Serato and guess what..........flawless. I left with my three cases looking like an idiot. The room parted like the Red Sea as I was leaving.......
Thanks VDJ Team F***** Thanks!

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 8:14 am
secret_lover wrote :
Oh My god, guys the same thing happen to me kast week. Do you know how it feels when you're doing a party in a college to have everyone looking @ u like you're the dumest person ever. I was playing for african students, twice virtual dj froze, and after that 4 times it just restart.

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz

I was using maya 44usb sound card. One other problem is i keep on lossing signal or there were delays when trying to scratch.

Hi how have you setup the maya as an aggregate device?

What latency have you set ?

Please try fastest and auto latency on config > performances.
How does the actual signal look ?
Could you post a screen shot?

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 2:09 pm
DJ Nice wrote :
Where's the support team?! How about a suggestion or solution......(better yet refunds) Looks like these guys are
back to there old tricks which SUCKS! I have the same crap happen as well real lag and sounds like the songs playing
underwater also when you scratch there's like a 1(sec) delay. After my set f**** up the vibe in the club, I was telling
the next DJ coming on that 'the sound board is having issues sounds like s**!" He's comes up plugs in his Serato and guess what..........flawless. I left with my three cases looking like an idiot. The room parted like the Red Sea as I was leaving.......
Thanks VDJ Team F***** Thanks!

Unfortunately its impossible to help you if you do not give us details.

Which mac do you use?
What file formats did you use?
Which soundcard?

Posted Sat 10 May 08 @ 2:11 pm
Don't get me wrong I'm feeling Numark to the fullest..........but only when it doesn't fail on me................I've been hesitating to use my MacBook Pro for the real show untill 2 week ago when I did use it and it failed........so I have to switch back to my HP Pavilion dv9000...............I'm not going to stop using Numark, if anything I'm going to upgrade to Virtual Vynals when I get back to the states................. and I'm sticking it out, so you guys gotta hook me up or something.............. Hey Sky what do you use for your gigs?????????

For me its going to be with the HP unitil Mac gets corrected.............

your Boy LoS

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 10:05 am
I use ,

2 x tx1
1 x dm pro
1 x VV box
2 x Digitrack carts
1 x imac
1 x macbook

I have also test other companies solutions to compare them and i own torq and SL.

I personally believe in and prefer Cue / VV for most events because of its video support and wide fx range which in time will come for mac too it will be great.

I have been using it for many years in the form of Virtual DJ its perfect almost on pc.

Posted Sun 11 May 08 @ 4:55 pm
91%