Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Why is there a delay and speed change? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

FaultPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey guys i have this setup (NOTE: This is for my work, im the guy who fixes our problems, but its obviously not registered under my name):
Virtual DJ Pro
2 Numark TT200
2 Stanton 500 V3 Cartridges http://www.djsupply.com/proddetail.asp?prod=05%5FStanton500V3&cat=12
2 Timecoded Vinyl
Hercules MK2 Controller
Dell Laptop Computer (2gb ram, 20gb free space)

When we use the turntables, there are two problems:
1. Delay
When we scratch, stop the record or w/e there is a noticable delay. On the screen/interace you see it stop on time, but on the output, its delayed roughly 3 seconds. Im am completely lost why it does this, as we have it setup exactly how every guide says we should and everything.
2. Speed Change
When the records are playing (they are brand new, like got them 2 weeks ago) the tempo will change +/- .5 BMP, which is extremely noticable on a song with lyrics, and it sounds horrible.

We just got these, and we are really upset. Please help

Posted Thu 10 Apr 08 @ 7:21 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
What are your settings?? DO you have absolute mode selected? In performances, do you have it set to fastest or best quality?

Posted Thu 10 Apr 08 @ 7:37 pm
We have fastest selected, as many of the guides told us to do. Also where is absolute mode?

Posted Thu 10 Apr 08 @ 7:41 pm
Go to work early..and look in the manual...C:/My Documents/VDJ/VDJ 5 Manual PDF try pages 55 and up.

Posted Thu 10 Apr 08 @ 8:00 pm
Im still there, stayed after a bit, we close at 9. Anyway, it is set for Smart Mode btw

Posted Thu 10 Apr 08 @ 8:05 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Fault FYI , the MK2 is not a very responsive card with the original drivers , be sure that you are running the latest drivers.

For better results you should invest in a prograde sound interface like Virtual Vinyl for example.

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 7:15 am
We have the 2007 drivers. Are you saying i should get a different ASIO sound card?

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 4:43 pm
Grab the 2008 drivers from the site , see how you get on but be aware home edition only allows 5 minutes.

If you are not getting the results you hoped for then consider an upgrade.

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 5:39 pm
This is for my work, and we do have the pro version as i said above (its not registered to me, thats why i dont have it in my profile). When i try to install the drivers i get an error message. They delay is quiet annoying, and sometimes, the program just decides to stop outputing the audio, even though on the screen i still have control

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 10:17 pm
You cant use some one else's license it belongs to a person not a machine.

Please purchase a copy for your self if you like this program.

In the latest 5.07 offical update it will work fine.

But for now please login as a licensed user to get a clean update file.

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 12:28 pm
Its a machine we have setup our store so people can see Virtual DJ, we are a DJ store. Im the guy who is trying to fix it. I also own my own hercules MK2, thats why my account has a hercules mk2. I was considering buying virtual dj for myself, but these errors are quiet irritating, so im not sure if i do want to get it.

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 3:17 pm
Ok, heres whats going on now:
I now have the sound card aimed at ASIO, and i have ASIO4All selected. Doing this has fixed the following issues:
No more complete stops
No more hopping in speed
No more delay

BUT a new problem has arisen. The audio now stutters or cuts out, then in, then out then back in, every 40 seconds. It happens in the order i said, and lasts maybe 1 second, but it sounds bad to have it cut out twice every 40 seconds. Any ideas?

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 4:57 pm
Sounds like a memory issue..how many processes are you running and how much system memory do you have?

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 5:22 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Please make a post in the eService - http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/ -- please provide the email address listed on the Splash screen, the serial number of the install, and a link to this thread.

We can help you through the eService and being a DJ store you can understand our concern to 'verify' the legal aspect of the software before taking the time to support the product.

Thanks.

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 5:23 pm
Done it with both no processes and some running. The cpu isnt high at all according to display at the top, and 2gb of ram im sure is more than sufficient

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 5:25 pm
Some more investigations:

Ok, i disconnected the turntables and now even with the hercules just running, still with ASIO4All V2 selected, it does the stutter. The virtual dj program shows it runnign smoothly during the stutters, and when i select record, it records properly, but the output is what seems to be the thing that is causing the problem, so either ASIO4ALL is doing it, or the MK2 itself. Maybe if i change some settings in the MK2 control panel it might work? Any suggestions?

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 5:39 pm
Yes read this post again...and follow these instructions.

cstoll wrote :
Please make a post in the eService - http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/ -- please provide the email address listed on the Splash screen, the serial number of the install, and a link to this thread.

We can help you through the eService and being a DJ store you can understand our concern to 'verify' the legal aspect of the software before taking the time to support the product.

Thanks.

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 5:53 pm
O sorry didnt see that. Brought the turntables home (store is closed sunday and mondays) and am using the trial version of the program at home so i can get this worked out (cause the hercules one only does 5 minutes). Actually did some research, determined this is the best program for timecodes, and im gonna purchase the pro version tommorrow. Just making sure, the online upgrade is all i need? And obviously a pair of TC vinyls?

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 10:17 pm
Fault wrote :
O sorry didnt see that. Brought the turntables home (store is closed sunday and mondays) and am using the trial version of the program at home so i can get this worked out (cause the hercules one only does 5 minutes). Actually did some research, determined this is the best program for timecodes, and im gonna purchase the pro version tommorrow. Just making sure, the online upgrade is all i need? And obviously a pair of TC vinyls?

Yes the upgrade offer and the vinyls will do the trick.

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 4:50 am
Ok upgraded to pro, still have the problems...

Posted Sun 13 Apr 08 @ 4:16 pm
69%