Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCCD setup help!! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes i hope so too.hehe...
I been eyeing that as well for as my back up mixer.
Post the outcome/review on what u feel abt it once u have it:)

N u need the mk2 as ur soundcard.

Regards;)

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 8:09 am
trust me, i will post a newbie review on the mixer, although i have two dj friends that have years of experience, so i plan on recording the usage and posting it here on vdj. They use serato, but i didnt had all the money to get all of the equipment, so i started with vdj and i like it a lot. Now that i have invested in the equipment and the pro version, i want to use it to the max.

I did download the pdf manual from the ddm4000, and was looking at the midi section, it says it needs a midi converter box to connect to the pc, and control it. do you have any ideas of what could that be?

Thank you,

Mindtwister3d

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 10:09 am
i found the midi interface they were talking about.

they are like $40 for the 1-in-1-out midi interface, that way, i can connect the ddm4000 to the laptop, on one usb, the other usb goes to the mk2, so that it works as the sound card, and then, i can program the buttons on one of the 5 channels, and use them to browse trough the songs, load them, so that i can play them, i guess i can also program the recording loop buttons on the vdj, to map to the mixer, ohhhh THE POSIBILITIES!!!! i cant wait for the damn mixer to arrive!!!

Mindtwister3d

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 10:41 am
Kewl...nice to hear it;)

Thanks for the info mindtwister3d.

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 1:46 pm
Well, my second cdj 100 is arriving this week, i also hope i get the mixer, so that i can buy the midi interface. once i have that. i am sure to ask you some questions.

Thank for everything.

Mindtwister3d

Posted Wed 16 Apr 08 @ 8:45 am
Ok SpinnaJ, i got my second cdj 100 today, the mixer arrives on tuesday, so next week i promise i will have pictures and videos about it, as well as a review from me and a fellow dj friend who is more experienced.

the issue that i am having now is that i get 100% signal strength on the left cdj, but on the right one, i get it all over the place, it does not keep at a constant 100%, any clues?

thank you,

Mindtwister3d

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 11:50 am
OK. configure ur second cdj the same way as ur first in exact manner.

Uncheck the clearsound option, use smart setting in cd mode at timecode config n press auto config couple of time. Also a thing to check is the rca cable, is it connected firmly n not bad.

Maybe this is worth a try too. IN VDJ config, uncheck both safe mode n overclock, set latency to auto n slide the performance slider to fastest.

Hope all went well there.

Regards.

Posted Sat 19 Apr 08 @ 12:28 pm
i just got the mixer, i plugged both cdjs into the inputs on the mk2, i am now trying to configure the tccd signal and i get the following error "error in the ASIO sound driver: not enough channels"

any ideas?

thank you,

Mindtwister3d

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 9:14 pm
well...i fixed the issue with the channels. on my laptop with vista, my usb port was not recognizing all of the mk2 ports, so i unplugged it, and plugged the mk2 on the next usb port, and it worked fine. Actually, it gave me 100% signal on both tccd, it is on the macbook, where my right cdj is not giving me 100% signal, it goes up and down.

i have the latest drivers. and the config is the same as in windows, with what you had asked me to do.

Thank you,

Mindtwister3d

Posted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 11:13 pm
If it still reading ur Tccd even its not 100 percent, it still ok.

Try different rca n remember it should be on line on the mk2.

Hope it just bad cable on ur right cdj.

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 12:58 am
no, thats the thing, on my dell laptop, i get 100% signal on the right cdj, on the macbook is where i have the signal going all over the place on the right cdj.

Mindtwister3d

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 11:11 am
That odds. hmm i think it best u redirect ur question on the mac forum. There should be user using same hardware as urs n maybe they too could chip in some input;)

Post a new thread on this there n i be also always been ard at the mac forum n will try to look for info on this for u;)

Also do u use bootcamp on mac or natively. Try install VDJ mac natively on the OSX n see if there is any different.

And another thing could u post a screenshot of ur timecode config n sound config. Thks.

Regards.

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 4:09 pm
i am running vdj on the mac natively

Posted Wed 23 Apr 08 @ 9:47 pm
Ok i see that u already posted in the mac forum. Hope there be someone with the cdj to help u.

Anyway as i stated before and u must be aware is that the best interface to use with timecode on a mac is the NVV box. Herc mk2 will do just find but not to the extend of "great" as the NVV box. Maybe this have to do with the aggregate device on mac n hopefully this be solved in the future version.

Mine did not have that problem n both deck have 100 percent signal most of the time.

Let's continue this topic on the mac forum;)

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 12:42 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
When you are using timecode CD, be sure that the option "RIAA preamp" is not checked.

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 5:11 am
it is not, when you press the auto config, if it was selected, it will turn that option off.

Mindtwister3d

Posted Thu 24 Apr 08 @ 6:12 pm
Ok, my dj friend stood me up for the video review of the behringer ddm 4000, so i was practicing myself, trying to understand how everything works. Let me tell you guys....IT IS A LOT DIFFERENT USING TCCD AND AN EXTERNAL MIXER, THAN USING THE MK2.....hahahahaha
even though i have only been practicing for about a year, it is really hard to get things working as with the mk2. i dont know, probably the way you do things. But i like it more with the setup i have now, with the cdjs and the mixer, it is more of a challenge.

Now, i didnt try this on the macbook, but tccd worked flawlesly on my dell. i did have some questions, regarding the wave form, i noticed that when i am adjusting the songs with the cdj jogs, the wave form kind of skips, or stretches or squeezes, it didnt happen on the mk2.

The other question is the setup on the tccd about the lead time and pitch sensitivity, what is the logic behind it? i am 100% sure that it is not the software but me that does not understand how to set everything up.

Thank you,

Mindtwister3d

Posted Fri 25 Apr 08 @ 10:35 am
Does anybody have any ideas about the issue with the signal on the tccd on the right cdj not being stable?

thank you,

Mindtwister3d

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 3:14 pm
Hi Everyone.

I have just got 2 SLDZ1200 Technics Cd Players. What i want to know is can these work with Virtual DJ? If so how do they work. I have a M-Audio Exponent Midi device, what cables would I need? Would i be able to load tracks from the computer to the CD players. If someone who has these players working with Virtual DJ already can you please post a tutorial on how to set them up. I would be so grateful

Many thanks

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 3:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)