Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCCD setup help!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi,

I have no clue what i am doing wrong. I recently have bought two cdj 100s, i received one, waiting for the next one. I also bought the behringer ddm 4000, waiting for that to arrive.

I have followed the tccd setup instructions, but vdj seems not to read any info from the cdj.

I have the cdj 100 connected to the input 1-2 from the mk2, since i dont have the mixer yet, i am using the mk2 as the mixer.

Can anyone give me a hand?

I am giving the list of my equipment.

1. dell xps m1210 laptop
vista ultimate, 2gb of ram
100gb 7200rpm hard drive.
dj console mk2, latest drivers, using it on ASIO mode
vdj 5.0.7
both TCCD versions, consumer and pro
one pioneer cdj 100s,

Thank you guys!

Mindtwister3d

Posted Sun 06 Apr 08 @ 6:30 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Select to line-in at the back of the mk2. When u say any info, are they still the wave signal or just a line?

Posted Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 12:38 am
they are on Line-In, on the back, not in phono. i don't get the wave signal that i see on the setup guides.
i don't think i need to put a power supply on the mk2, do i?

Thank you,

Mindtwister

Posted Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 12:26 pm
No, u did not need that;)

That odd u can't get any signal, maybe the CD is not burned correctly.

Burn the consumer n pro grade TCCD again (in ur case usually pioneer use the pro TCCD but i think urs should be the consumer grade) but this time use slowest speed to burn it. If the wave square n big n distorted when using the consumer one, then use the pro tccd which is -13db.

Then press auto config couple of times to get good reading;)

Regards.

Posted Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 1:42 pm
ok, will re burn the cd's, what software do you use? and what options?

thank you,

Mindtwister3d

Posted Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 7:34 pm
well...i burned it at 1x as you said, same results, but then vista decided to give me a corruption error on the vdj files, therefore i am wiping vista, and installing xp media center again, hopefully, by tomorrow afternoon i will have a workable laptop, and i will post if it works.

Thank you,

Mindtwister3d

Posted Mon 07 Apr 08 @ 11:53 pm
I use nero;)

ok, all the best n post back the result.

regards.

Posted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 12:53 am
ok, fixed vista, i will back up my files, before the wiping, i also have a macbook, with vdj 5.0.7 on it as well. in the macbook is where i burned the tccd yesterday at 1x, my question is, will it be better to run vdj with the timecode on the macbook?

Thanks,

Mindtwister3d

Posted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 9:29 am
Currently the nvv box will fair better on timecode on mac. Mk2 is fine when used on mac.

I using the mk2 as a soundcard on mac using timecodes. I do have 100 percent most of the time but the problem is the pitch is moving up n down but this u can minimize it by playing ard ur pitch sensitive n use ur ear to beatmatch. At performance setting on mac move the slider to the second spot after fastest n set latency to auto.

I used mostly mac these day n run natively on osx.

Personally said is that i find the PC n the Mac version when using timecoded is more or less the same. What matter most is the soundcard used n how well it set up;)

Posted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 9:47 am
ok, will work on both setups and let you, I really appreciate your help. The VDJ community has always been great.
;-)

Mindtwister3d

Posted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 9:50 am
If u have any question regarding the mac version, just post a thread on the mac forum:)

Posted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 9:52 am
Well, it did not work, i installed nero, burned the copy at 8x, because that was the minimum speed that it showed. tried it again with same results, thought it was vista, tried it on my macbook with xp pro installed, same results, tried it on os X, same results.

Right now i am lost.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Mindtwister3d

Posted Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 5:15 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Could it be a fault with the cdj100,

I'm not a cd guy, but it could be a problem with the laser that reads the signal perhaps?

Posted Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 6:30 pm
i thought so, but i tested the cdj with regular audio cds, at least 5 different types, and they all played fine.

i really think its me that is not configuring right the damn thing. i just purchased the cdj from ebay, that is why i tested the equipment. perhaps there is something wrong with the mk2, although it works fine in regular mode.

i could try to load the older version of vdj (4.0?), on the xp partition from my macbook, and test it there to see if it might be 5. or, as i say, it is a fault lying on me.

I really hope its me and not a hardware/software problem.

Thank you all for your help. any more ideas are greatly appreciated.

Posted Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 9:24 pm
Now that i was thinking about the process. i will describe it step by step what i try to do.

1. plug rca L/R from cdj 100s to input 1-2 from mk2
2. insert tccd on cdj
3. once vdj and the mk2 are connected. i press the audio source on deck A on the mk2 to select external input.
4. you can hear the audio signal from the tccd on the headphones on the mk2.
5. on the config of vdj, i have under sound setup:
Input: single timecode (since i inly have 1 cdj for now)
output: headphones
sound card: ASIO driver with ultra latency selected
6. on the timecode config, i have it set up as CD, and then i ran the auto config with 0% results
7. you can the see the audio track wave moving randomly when the cdj is playing the tccd.

is that the correct process?

Thank you,
Mindtwister3d

Posted Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 9:35 pm
on step 3 u no need to press the audio source. U only pressed it if u want to bypass it to play normal cd on ur external player;)

Posted Thu 10 Apr 08 @ 1:43 am
ok, i have tried that, and the audio from the tccd is not there anymore, but then the vdj does not recognize the tccd, i mean, if i press the play/pause on the cdj, nothing happens, the same as with the tempo, or with the jog from the cdj.

and i still get 0% on the tccd setup

i will test it again tonight when i get home

thank you,

Mindtwister3d

Posted Thu 10 Apr 08 @ 9:15 am
ok, i was able to get 100% finally!!!
i had to burn the tccdpro on wm player, on slow, i tried the same with the regular tccd but it still was too high on the noise i guess.

now my question is, how to make vdj show on the screen the pitch change better? and how do you control the cdj like you do the mk2? i mean, on the mk2, when you press play, it would play the song, and then you could press cue, and it will go back to the cue point, without auto starting. on the cdj, that happens.

also, before i was able to use the a+b option for the headphones to do the beat match, it now does not work that same way.

Thank you,

Mindtwister3d

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 1:19 am
Glad u sorted that;)

Ok in timecode config, try smart.

Also download the newest driver for the mk2;)

The mac driver is available too.

Have fun..

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 1:56 am
i have the latest driver on the pc, i will check the smart settings as i believe i changed those.

i cant wait for the other cdj to arrive, so that i can start practicing with the cdjs, i also hope the behringer ddm4000 arrives, so far, from a few people that have i have heard good things about it. lets hope it turns out to be a good one. regarding the mixer, i will still need the mk2, it works as a sound card correct?

Thank you,

Mindtwister3d

Posted Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 7:57 am
51%