Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HOW DO YOU FIX MK2 STATIC/CRACKLING NOISE? I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

In the Config menu, have you tried to disable the "Safe mode" option?

Posted Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 3:59 pm
yeah, safe mode was one of the first things i tried

Posted Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 5:25 pm
i had the same issue..

here's how i fixed it:

on the powersuply of your laptop, open up the wall-outlet-connector and cut the earth-wire.

or if you don't want to cut power-wires: use an powercord extention which doesn't have earth.

i'm sure that the earth-wire is causing a ground-loop.

this has nothing to do with what version of vdj wether it's a demo or full version
just leave the earth-wire behind.. it worked for me, now i've got crackle/buzzin free audio :)

Posted Fri 04 Apr 08 @ 8:50 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006

Posted Fri 04 Apr 08 @ 9:46 am
Hi
I had the same probs with my MK2 plugged into my desktop. I bought a power adaptor from maplins and plugged this into the back of the console (manual says which type you need). This cured it.

On my laptop i get no stati noises so dont need the adaptor.

Odd.

Posted Sun 06 Apr 08 @ 11:26 am
Just go to any hardware store and ask for a 3 prong ground adapter(turns a 3 prong into a 2 prong). They only cost few dollars. Put it on on your laptop or desktop.

Posted Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 4:15 pm
If you're using a PC with a three wire cord, an adapter is a good way to fix it. It's long been known that ground loops cause audio problems. Or you could just remover the ground prong from the end of the cord with a pair of pliers. I kid you not. I've done it numerous times.Most PC equipment is double insulated and the power is 12V or +-5V except inside the the power supply, so... not much danger of shock there. Laptops are even safer, since the laptop end is 12-15V. IMHO, spend the money for the adapter if you fell you have to, otherwise, you do what I do.

Posted Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 11:56 am
DO NOT RECOMMEND USERS TO CUT THE EARTH GROUND ON ANY DEVICE!!!!!! THIS IS DANGEROUS!!!

Posted Thu 10 Apr 08 @ 12:17 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
egadgetguy wrote :
Or you could just remover the ground prong from the end of the cord with a pair of pliers. I kid you not. I've done it numerous times.Most PC equipment is double insulated and the power is 12V or +-5V except inside the the power supply, so... not much danger of shock there.

When will these people stop giving advice out like this.............DON'T DO IT.

Buy yourself the Ground Insulater.

Posted Thu 10 Apr 08 @ 1:03 pm
thanx 4 everybody's help, but i unplugged the charger from my laptop and had nothing plugged into outlets and it was still making that noise.

i ended up jus returning it and started saving money for the torq x-ponent

Posted Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 4:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)