Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HOW DO YOU FIX MK2 STATIC/CRACKLING NOISE? I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

please dont tell me to look through past posts because i looked through every post about mk2 until i got to page 34 and i just gave up.

things i have tried.

-updating my drivers to the 2008 updates

-unconnected all of my plugs and reconnected them

-resetted my laptop

-unchecked safe mode and set the preset all the way to the left (and in between the left and the middle), set the latency to auto, and toggled the auto clock on and off. (i did all those in all different variations, especially the ones everyone told everyone else to use) and i still have a very staticy sound.

-set audio mode to wdm and asio in the hercules control panel

-set the volume to 3/4's of the way in the hercules control panel

sound set ups i've tried:

Input: none
Output: single
Soundcard: dj console mk2 (toggled "apply eq on external outputs" also)

Output: headfones
Soundcard: dj console mk2
Output channel: Master: Chan 1&2/Headfones: Chan 3&4

Soundcard: mono separated
soundcard: (i tried all 3 choices it gave me)

Soundcard: Asio

oh yeah, i got virtual dj 5 rev 7

my specs are

-1024 mb of system memory
-100 GB (5400 rpm) hard drive
-and im running it on windows xp

Posted Sun 23 Mar 08 @ 8:27 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
wasnt there a firmware update in between?

Posted Sun 23 Mar 08 @ 11:14 pm
......firmware? lol i didn't see that, maybe i didn't do everything

and i also just went through tha irq stuff and disabled things but that didn't work either

Posted Sun 23 Mar 08 @ 11:25 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Did you try a pair of pliers and a blow torch?? Did you get mid-evil on it?? If the answer is no..then you didn't try everything...lol

Posted Sun 23 Mar 08 @ 11:26 pm
lol thats what i feel like doing........and with the console being so light, its like its asking to be thrown across the street hahaha

Posted Sun 23 Mar 08 @ 11:31 pm
on your playback sound options, make sure line-in isn't checked, and try it again,

Posted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 1:19 pm
is that under the hercules control panel or virtual dj?

and thanx u guys for takin tha time to help me

Posted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 2:24 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Which version of 5.0.7 are you using ? Trial, Crack, or Purchased ?

Posted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 7:41 pm
my friends purchased =)

if i had the money i'd buy the full version but durin tha summer i wanted to start dj-ing but didn't have any equipment so i got my friends program on my laptop and i started from there, i wasn't tryna get over on tha system n shit, i was just a kid who wanted to be a dj really bad but had no money or anybody to teach me.

and i've seen most of the other leaked versions, they aren't cracked ones, u just downlaod and register and u have the full version

Posted Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 8:07 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thats because they have been precracked or modified and loaded with nasties which allow hackers to steal details or install virues on your machine.

They will perform badly and will damage your os.

You cannot use your friends copy as the licence is not transferable.

Why not get a copy of home edition if you cannot afford the full pro edition just yet.

Posted Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 11:01 am
dunno, he said he had pro and asked if i wanted it and i said yeah

Posted Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 4:36 pm
If he said pro that does not mean it is a legit version of pro. Have you tried the trial? It is valid for 30 days. If you have no issues with the trial I would bet his copy is not legit, and then you would need to purchase a legit license.

Posted Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 4:44 pm
oh fasho, thanx alot, ima check out tha trial right now

Posted Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 7:40 pm
just tried out the trial and that wasn't the problem, i think its tha mk2, im jus guna exchange it for a brand new one at guitar center and see if that works, thanx for everybodys help though, i appreciate it

Posted Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 9:30 pm
I made a mistake...the trial is only good for 20 days not 30...but we have narrowed it down.

Posted Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 9:36 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Uninstalled ur friends copy fully then reinstall the legit demo, it should help:)

Posted Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 3:38 am
Turn safemode off in the options, as well as leaving the Master Tempo algorithm on "fast", or better yet don't use it at all.

Posted Wed 26 Mar 08 @ 12:45 pm
Ghost no lie i fixed my problem by selling my MK2 and getting a Torq Connectiv card. Works flawless no crackles NOTHING. I kid you not.

I hate to say it but you might want to go this route. If you like the MK2 controller feature keep it and still get the soundcard. If you dont need timecode then get an audigy 2. But the MK2 suffers from a buffer problem of some sort (this is just my experience). I use the same laptop I did with the MK2 and its night and day

Posted Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 5:46 pm
yeah i dont use timecode vinyl's.

hit me on myspace bruh, cuz im not sure how all that works.

mine is myspace.com/imdjghost

Posted Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 2:01 am
and if anybody was wondering, i tried all the new advice and it still has a staticy sound

if i dont use my mk2 for a while, then i use it, the static isn't there for about 20 seconds then it starts creeping back.

shit is pissing me off hela bad.

guitar center ordered a new one for me and it should be in by 2morow, when i hook that one up, ima see if tha static is still there, if it is, i dont know what im guna do

Posted Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 3:26 am
67%