Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Xponent Mapper Update... - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Feedback always welcomed :) Xmas tree lights will be in my next mapper :)

Quote :
1. buttons on the left & right of the cross fader became total eg. on your map the crossfader jumps to the middle but on the 5.1 it goes all the way across and i can't play around anymore with the two tracks ast once , it was better your way.MUCH better..

2. disaster...the small arrows to go left & right through the browser & the + & - died in the 5.1 , i use them a lot..

4. on the 5.1 (if i'm remembering right) the gain kill is only partial..

5. another disaster on the 5.1 the lock that worked for the key or pich has become the lock on the smart loop function,this is NOT an improvment.really PLEASE change it back..........

I've left these as are in my mapper at the moment, so under 5.1+mapper it will function exactly as 5.0+mapper, except for the changes I have listed so far.

One point several people disagree on is the "O" buttons next to the crossfader - I'm going to implement a couple of choices and make it user selectable instead.

Shift sync toggling beatlock means that mean you press the shift+sync key combo, it will activate the automatic beatlock function to automatically keep tracks in time.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 4:32 pm
In fact, I've just made the (x) unload and (-) load user selectable, so you can switch which one does which :)

Posted Mon 09 Jun 08 @ 4:56 pm
@ SBDJ
Hi.
I'll try to re send to you my request.

A little suggest.
Is possible assign at the two Jog, a linear pitch bend (the same like the under arrows) without listen the "bending"?
Regards.
F@lconrec.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 2:58 am
Thats because I've used jogwheel rather than pitch_bend - jogwheel doesn't see to be affected by keylock/master tempo.

I'll have a look into making it user configurable...

Posted Tue 10 Jun 08 @ 11:50 am
Hi Scott , yesterday evening whilst playing i remembered the problem i have with the three tone controls,High,mid,Low.They are not very sensitive and oftern need a violent twist to get them to hook up.Is yours like that;How cloce are you to a new release ??
Cheers Paul

Posted Sun 22 Jun 08 @ 12:32 pm
Great news SBDJ so when is the new release?

Posted Sat 28 Jun 08 @ 4:39 pm
dbushHome userMember since 2008
Is it possible to go into a 32 beat loop using the xponent?

Posted Sat 28 Jun 08 @ 5:54 pm
Hey there SBDJ, I have just been playing with my xponent and VDJ 5.1 and I think it would be nice to press shift (up arrow on the xponent) and jog wheel to move CGB's to correct spot. The song would continue to play un effected by jog wheel movement which is only moving CGB.

Thanks
and will be looking for your vdj 5.1 mapper for xponent!!!

P.S. Keep up the good work (High five!!!)

Posted Sun 29 Jun 08 @ 1:04 pm
Hi SBDJ,
after upgrade to VDJ 5.1 my xponent has lost LED VU meters function. All others things perfect.
I can't follow your description and insert .dll file under control device folder because i see only aplication not .dll file. I run the aplication instead and .dll file is in the right place now(1to 5 and back OK). But LED is not working... Stupid question or should i wait for your another upgrade ?
Thanks for your excelent work.
Probably first pro user in Slovakia.

Posted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 9:46 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes, a new mapper upgrade is necessary, a lot of user are in waiting like you ;)

Posted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 10:18 am
good to know, anyway great job has been done so far
i was delighted especially with pfl split cue for headphones and cue functions /not only hot cues which i don't use so much/
so for the time i can forget LED VU meters....

Posted Sun 13 Jul 08 @ 5:26 pm
I have a version in testing that has the LEDs implemented, along with a few other things. Have been busy moving house unfortunately which is taking up a lot of time.

On the plus side, my new place has lots more room and I've set up a studio-type room where I can have all my toys set up making testing much easier :)

Posted Mon 14 Jul 08 @ 5:11 am
hey scott, i bet you are doing a very good job, but is there any news cant sleep at night waiting!!!!
regards!

Posted Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 3:59 pm
is there a update on how things are going

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 1:01 am
I'm just in the process of getting my Mac set up and ready so I can test on that, shouldn't be long :)

Posted Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 7:40 am
Well I've done a bit of work on v1.1 of my mapper, I hope to get it released this weekend, probably Sunday evening.

Stuff of note so far:

* My mapping has not changed significantly, so the functions under 5.1+ with my mapper will stay mostly the same as they were under 5.0 with my mapper.
* Christmas tree lighting mode is now enabled
* VU meters now work
* Progress meters now work
* Shift+Cue now sets cue point 1
* Shift+Kill now performs a temporary kill until release
* Shift+HotCue now sets relevant cue point
* Pitch Bend buttons now use 256 as the value, with 512 available with shift
* Shift+Sync now toggles beatlock
* Shift+Keylock now resets key offset
* << and >> now use smart_seek instead of skip_beat
* Effect Button 1 plays sample (shift records sample)
* Effect Button 2 activates current sound effect (shift presses button 1 on effect gui)
* Effect Button 3 selects current sound effect (shift presses button 2 on effect gui)
* Effect Button 4 selects current sound effect in other direction (shift presses button 3 on effect gui)
* Effect Pot 1 changes sample volume
* Effect Pot 2 uses pot 1 on effect gui
* Effect Pot 3 uses pot 2 on effect gui
* Effect Pot 4 uses pot 3 on effect gui
* Better spinback implementation - will keep spinning back after releasing jogwheel until jogwheel slows down
* Initialisation indicator now uses progress LEDs instead of cue LEDs
* User configurable option: Jog wheel can either use jogwheel (not affected by master tempo) or pitch bend (affected by master tempo)
* User configurable option: (-) load (x) unload, or (x) load (-) unload
* User configurable option: Transform button can be preset to either full or half transform, with shift transform performing the opposite
* Lots of small changes, mostly to do with variable declaration and cross-platform portability

If you want anything else implementing, then you'd best get a request in now ;)

Regards,

Scott

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 9:02 am
Thanks SBDJ for all your work on this can the Christmas tree lighting mode can it be enabled and disabled ?

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 2:41 pm
I can certainly put an option in for it...

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 7:29 pm
Unfortunately I have already installed 5.2. version. Will I loose some function again (like LEDs meters) or you have tested it too ? waiting for sunday....

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 1:39 pm
This One "<< and >> now use smart_seek instead of skip_beat" Can Be User Configurable, Regards!

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 6:18 pm
29%