Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Xponent Mapper Update... - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Distortion Stops @ Latency set at 1024, but there is some out of sync working whit video (Not too much), and sound quality is not that good as 512 or less, hope any on here give us a better tip

Posted Sun 24 Feb 08 @ 4:52 pm
CIOCE says : "I can't backspin like a real vinyl, please try in Torq and make copy, the scratch mode will activated like now when hand is on Jog but the deactivation will be when the Jog stop to rotate and not like now when I release my hand on Jog."

This is not really like real vynil. When the song is playing on a vynil and you do a backspin there is a component of level of pressure you apply on the vynil. The xponent jogwheel are touch sensitive but can't act differently depending on the pressure you apply. If SBDJ implement what you asked for, the result will be that we won't be able to do backward scratch. That is why in my opinion, ending the scratch once you release the jogwheel is the more realistic for scratchers.......I like virtual dj for that cause with torq i couldn't do real scratch on vocal...only foward scratch on beat and not all possible..........

SBDJ could you replace the sample button by a stutter one, so that the sample re start playing from its beginning each time we press it........I have seen that the samples button that permit to play them is like a play/pause one. It should be just a play one to permit good stutter like everyone want

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 5:12 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I see what you're saying about the backspin affecting the scratching - there is after all little resistance like you would get from a turntable. If you can however keep control of the jogwheel during scratching, then the backspin won't affect the scratching with my implementation. I can easily make the feature switchable though - not everyone scratches after all ;)

I'll have a look at the sample stutter...

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 6:07 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
SBDJ wrote :
I can easily make the feature switchable though - not everyone scratches after all ;)

Good idea!

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 6:46 am
Very good idea. Thanks for thinking about the stutter too ;)

Posted Fri 29 Feb 08 @ 7:06 am
Any news about the stutter we want?? Please we have been asking it for a while? Please

Posted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 2:42 am
It will all be in the next release of the Xponent mapper - Flashmp3 - you only have Home Edition so you won't be able to download it anyway?

Regards,

Scott

Posted Thu 06 Mar 08 @ 6:08 am
Thanks to all you guys working on a new version for the xponent.
In the last year i bourght the behringer 2000 , the hercules , the numark tc , the vestax sold them all and got another hercules.
In the end i gave in and got the xponent , it is a little large and pricey but no doubt about it it's the best machine available.
I don't really understand the politics of it all , obviously many working deejays with a working set up cant really be expected to change controller and software all in one go.
I can't believe that the torq is better than our VDJ.
Could or should m audio make it easier for who buys their consol to make it 100% compatible with other software by making available more software or mappers ?
Should VDJ hurry to make a mapper that can truely exploit all of the xponent functions. ??
It's my opinion that the hercules is a great little machine , there is a strong negative psycological impact mostly due to its size , i hate to say that as i always go against mental hang ups on what something looks like in my work , it is more important what you do , right ?
But i myself saw a guy working the hercules and experienced that sensation.
Anyway please let me know when the mapper is available.The xponent is probably going to be the most important controller around at least until pioneer decide to take a step forword,bye to all

Posted Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 10:42 am
The mapper is already available; the new version will add better spinback and other new features.

Regards,

Scott

Posted Thu 27 Mar 08 @ 2:36 pm
Why still no stutter for samples ???

We all want for example to be able by pushing the play button for stutter to hear : bip bip bip (if we press three times) instead of bip stop bip (by pressing three time too) and not the useless Shift+play that stop the sound when we release it

Is it so hard to implement? We've been asking for that for a while......

Posted Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 7:37 am
You keep asking, but it's not in there because I havent had time to release a new version with that funtionality in it yet. When I get time, I will contemplate adding it, however I have more important things to take care of at the moment. Not that it matters, since you're not able to use my mapper anyway...

Posted Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 5:45 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
flashmp3 --

As a HOME Edition/MK2 user you are licensed and registered for version 3.4.1. As in that the Xponent is a MIDI controller you would be able to use the Xponent with that version. However; you have mentioned in several other threads that you have version 5. Our records do not show that you have registered that version, nor purchased.

Since the Xponent mapper in only made available to the Licensed/Registered users of VirtualDJ Pro Edition, I would highly recommend you spend some time learning how to modify the MIDI mapper and add that functionality yourself. As SBDJ will support me on this, in the time you have spent asking for something you are not able to get - you could have done it yourself.

And as to respond directly to a post from another thread where you said to stop trying to be policeman and just give us what we want....

Well stop being a thief that wants to wear a three piece suit and just have everything handy to him and not pay for the effort to make it happen.

SBDJ - Sorry for jacking your thread....

Posted Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 6:29 am
remedyzPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hey SBDJ
on my xponent with VDJ software how do i get my PFLs to work on my xpo?
is that possible?

Posted Sat 26 Apr 08 @ 12:37 pm
remedyz wrote :
hey SBDJ
on my xponent with VDJ software how do i get my PFLs to work on my xpo?
is that possible?

It's been a while since I've used my Xponent, but I think you set the soundcard up as follows:

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Sound card(s): ASIO Driver
ASIO driver: M-Audio USB ASIO
Output Channels: Master : Chan 1&2 / Headphones : Chan 3&4

Regards,

Scott

Posted Sun 27 Apr 08 @ 8:40 am
can anyone explain how i can get the PFLs to work n my macbook pro please

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 2:26 am
i been using ur mapper for a while an works perfect in my MBP (Windows and leopard) but now than i tring to make it work on a PC the mapper just dont load im using 5.0.7 an mapper 1.02 and the mapper just dont work, what can i do to make it work properly, regards

Posted Sat 03 May 08 @ 5:53 pm
You got the latest VC++ 2005 runtimes from MS installed?

Posted Sun 04 May 08 @ 7:29 pm
Hi guys, i'm using the xponent with this mapper. Am I the only one that I have a little problem with the bass knob of the right deck? When the real knob of the xponent is on the 0 virtual dj displays that it is a little lower than the mid position. Thank you!

Posted Tue 06 May 08 @ 1:33 pm
Ok, i have identified my problem. The bass knob on right deck, when it is in the middle, send a midi value of 62 instead of 64 as the other 5 knobs. Do you think that i can solve this issue? How? I'd be happy not to send my xponent to assistance... I apologize for my bad english, but if someone help me i'd be grateful!

Posted Wed 07 May 08 @ 10:49 am
I'm still due to issue an update to this mapper, I can add a calibration function if you want...

Posted Thu 08 May 08 @ 4:53 am
17%