Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Xponent Mapper Update... - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi Scott , well second night , i don't scratch so that other problem is not a problem 4 me. But this highlighting thing is strange , sometimes it accepts and sometimes it doesn't , any idea , do u understand the problem , ?
thanks paul

Posted Fri 12 Dec 08 @ 9:38 pm
haydosPRO InfinityMember since 2008
great stuff scott.
haven't had a chance to test it yet but looking forward to it tonight.

seriously mate, do you have a paypal account?
if so, why not just put your email address in a seperate post by itself.

you don't have to say anything else, let anyone donate to it what they want. we all appreciate your work!
cheers!
haydn.

Posted Sat 13 Dec 08 @ 2:33 am
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Scott, very hard and nice job bro. I've been mapping xponent for another software and i know what it means. Good documentation too.
I have some idea for a next version. Just take a look and tell me what u think, if u find it useful or not.
-----------------------------------
Shit + Loop-In: decrease loop size (for example: if u are in 1 it will go to 1/2 - 1/4 and so on) for permit ta-ta-ta-ta tatatata tttttttt :-)
Shift and + (or Shift and -) increase/decrease key (for armonic mix)
Pressing play button while holding Cue it goes out of stutter mode and continue to play

Give us a link for donation. Nice jobs have to be repayed.
Peace,
Kad

Posted Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 6:10 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I can't see a problem with any of those :)

Posted Sun 14 Dec 08 @ 10:05 pm
Hi Scott , all is fine here , i really don't understand why i had that problem , it hasn't happened again , just on the first two nights , i guess that it must have been my notebook , happy christmas to you and your family , wonderful mapper , many thanks Paul

Posted Fri 19 Dec 08 @ 10:10 am
Does anyone have the older version of this mapper?

Using scratch-mode in the latest one is nigh on impossible on this one.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 3:15 am
Tell me why and how I can improve it ;)

Posted Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 8:49 am
Hmm, well sure Scotty, would love to see this as good as it can be.

Right now, the only problems that're still left concern the scratch mode. I've tested them on 4 systems and they're there on all of them.

1.) Scratch-mode nudging: Nudging in scratch-mode produces the same effect as spinning the platter back, that is to say, it stops the record rather than slow it down. Same thing as jog seeking when the platter is stopped.

2.) Getting stuck in scratch-mode: This bug's still in for me. Sometime's I'll come out of a scratch and the record is just stopped. Putting a hand on the platter starts the record, removing it stops it again. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Usually it takes a bit of work to get it to come into this state, not complicated enough for it to never happen, and sometimes all you have to do is do a back-spin.

It seems you did some work trying to fix this in the latest version, which seems to have worked a bit, but sadly, when it does happen it's 10 times harder to get out of than it was in the last version.

That's all I can think of.
Other than that it's a reallly neat plugin, I'd love to see it fully functional.

Binky.

Edit: Actually, it seems to me testing it now, it helps just nudging the platter to get it out of stuck-mode, if that's of any help.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 12:48 pm
Hi

I email Scott about this sometime ago my old Xponent did the same thing with v1.31, so I want back to v1.20.
But i had to send my Xponent back for something else so when i got the new one retested v1.31 and all is good.
Dont ask me y this is all I know is the shit works now.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 2:03 pm
Hmm. That's certainly weird. I guess there may have been some change to the xponent, but I assume we'd all be in the same generation of xponents so to speak.

Audio, did you install new drivers when you got your replacement? Or just plug it in all the same?

Posted Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 2:31 pm
I just pluged it in, And all was good man. I had mine for under a year so if you can get a new one try it out. The new one came from m-audio.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 3:07 pm
I'll do some testing and see what I can come up with :)

I had to implement some conditionals to implement the spinback - I've probably missed something with one of them. It's always something stupid ;)

Posted Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 4:08 pm
Haha, I know what you're saying man, it's always something you think you're so well acquainted with you can't miss, but paying no attention, you obviously do.

That's why I always look for errors in the "least" likely places when stuff won't compile or run nowadays.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 09 @ 7:12 pm
Hi Scott , Well it's been weeks now and the mapper is wonderful. hope all is well with you and your family.
I'm working all the time with my Xponent and your mapper and all is great , Thanks Scott i apreciate all you did , Paul

Posted Thu 29 Jan 09 @ 4:16 am
hi. scott

i been working with you mapper 1.31 and i still having this problem with the jog wheel in scratch mode the bending is not working just scratching, and i have another problem i just get a vista laptop install the lastest direct x nov 08, visual c++ 2008 & 2005 and the mapper dont work even in the devices tab shows the xponent mapper but no info on it

regards and nice work

Posted Thu 29 Jan 09 @ 7:04 pm
hi scott
your mapper is great.
You allowed me to combine two excelent things : xponent + VDJ.
Thank You very much for me and for the people I play.

Posted Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 6:43 pm
Changelog for v1.32:

Really fix problem with jog bending in scratch mode
Fix a problem which might cause a deck to get stuck in "hold" mode
Implement release "hold" mode when scratch mode deactivated

Anyone got any other input before I go ahead with this release?

Posted Sun 15 Mar 09 @ 9:42 pm
Nope, if those things are fixed, at least I think that's it. It's perfect now. Thank you so much for your work, Scotty.

Posted Mon 16 Mar 09 @ 6:08 pm
I will test it as soon as it is on the download page , thank you sir

Posted Tue 17 Mar 09 @ 2:09 am
still no v1.32 to download .

Posted Fri 20 Mar 09 @ 11:37 am
92%