Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Maya44 USB or u46dj - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

hi,my first question is that im looking for maya44 usb or u46dj (i live in calgary canada) but i can not find it, u guys know where i can find it? or order it online?

My second question is that if i buy maya44 USB and 2 TTUSB Numak turntables, 1 mixer, and 2 Virtual DJ Timecode Vinyl,and use my laptop do i need anything else or im pretty good?

my third question is that can i buy Dj|iO instead of maya44 usb?

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 12:57 am
dj xplod wrote :
hi,my first question is that im looking for maya44 usb or u46dj (i live in calgary canada) but i can not find it, u guys know where i can find it? or order it online?

Maya44 - http://www.floridamusicco.com/proddetail~prod~maya44usb.htm

I bought mine from Florida Music CO 3 weeks ago and I'm very pleased with it so far.... its a huge improvement over the BCD2000 sound card.

dj xplod wrote :
My second question is that if i buy maya44 USB and 2 TTUSB Numak turntables, 1 mixer, and 2 Virtual DJ Timecode Vinyl,and use my laptop do i need anything else or im pretty good?

I think so ... I use the Maya44 with 2 cdj800's, mixer & time code CD's .. works real nice... im very pleased with it.

I did hook up my Technics turntable once to play around with it & see how it worked ... but I have no real time involved testing that setup.

dj xplod wrote :
my third question is that can i buy Dj|iO instead of maya44 usb?

Sorry .. never played with a Dj|iO

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 2:32 am
ok ur using timecode cd but i want to use timecode vinyl

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 6:44 am
First of all djio is not for time code use.As for choosing between maya or u46, both are fine and well tested by many vdj users.
I would choose u46 because it has two more output lines (that means 1 stereo line) so if you have a 3 channel mixer you could hook in 1 line the samples of vdj :).
Also you should look if u are talking for u46dj or u46se.u46dj has preamp and has not vista drivers yet (works fine with asio4all) and u46se hasnot preamp (thats not a problem because vdj has software preamp fuction for tcv) but its supported with vista drivers.
Maya is vista supported .
Yes if you buy all this stuff you will be ready to feel the time cide experience.

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 11:07 am
Here is where I got my Maya 44 USB soundcard

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESI-MAYA-44-USB-4-input-4-output-USB-audio-interface_W0QQitemZ180180226153QQihZ008QQcategoryZ41784QQcmdZViewItem

I live in Ottawa Canada and only took 4 business days to receive on priority shipping. I must warn that if you are going to go with priority shipping you will have a charge to pay upon receival (mine was 22.50) for canadian customs

so far I found the Maya 44 USB real easy to install, setup and no hiccups yet. and my maya sits under one of my TTxs inside the case so there's not much breathing room where it sits. I've done gigs lasting up to 10 hours long and still no problems as of yet.

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 3:56 pm
tnx that was awsome.

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 5:53 pm
have the maya and its works awesum with time code cds for me

Posted Sun 18 Nov 07 @ 10:40 pm
does it work with timecode Vinyl too? bytheway if i get maya44 usb then i will have 2 usb left.( my laptop has three thing( i dont know what u call them) but one is for my mouse one is for maya44 ,but if i buy the numark TTUSB, how can i connect these two to my laptop :) ?

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 12:59 am
have you ever used TTUSB numark?

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 3:21 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dj xplod wrote :
does it work with timecode Vinyl too? bytheway if i get maya44 usb then i will have 2 usb left.( my laptop has three thing( i dont know what u call them) but one is for my mouse one is for maya44 ,but if i buy the numark TTUSB, how can i connect these two to my laptop :) ?

hi , for that u need to use a power usb hub.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 7:15 am
k cool, i have to spend all i have to mix a song :)) thanks, what else do i need ( so far i have to buy 2 TTUSB, DM1050 mixer, 2 timcode virtual vinyl, Maya44 USB, USB hub, headphone) what else? :)

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 7:48 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That is enough but u may want to considered the herc as being suggested in other post of yours. It also a basic midi controller for VDJ, also a mixer n a soundcard.. But for now it is enough unless u wanna expand ur hardware such as cd decks etc.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 8:47 am
the TTUSBs will not work as you think they will with VDJ. they are meant to rip vinyl ONLY not to play TCVs

my best suggestion would be to buy regular TTs with direct drive motor. if money is an issue look towards Numark TT200 or TT500 (I recommend the 500s since they will surely last you quite some time and are great turntables.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 2:31 pm
what do you mean that they dont work with VDJ? you mean it doesnt work at all? caz those TT500 and TT200 are expensive for me,and i dont want to play in clubs i just want to have fun at home, or a party, not formal club party stuff,(but thanks for ur letting me know that), and the hercolus one, i dont like them, they are not what im looking for.

By the way, here is a mix of mine :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVy74kMafO0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJPuF2KB3zk

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 4:36 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What WhiteDevil is saying is that the only benefit of USB TT's is to rip vinyl to your computer. Since VDJ has a function for that there is really no need for USB turntables. What you want are direct drive turntables like the ones he mentioned. The USB ones you are mentioning are belt driven. The Numark 200's are not much more then their USB model.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Numark-TT200-DirectDrive-Turntable?sku=800390

And yes the Maya and U46DJ soundcards both work with Timecoded Vinyl as well as TCD's

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 5:20 pm
ok, so i need 2 TT200, 1 mixer (i think dh1050) , 2 timecoded vinyl (Virtual Dj timecoded Vinyl), MAYA44 USB. thats it and i can use my laptop to mix, or i still need something else? :)

bytheway, the TT200 does not have Cartridge, does it?

what do u think about Numark Dj Packages? are they good for using with virtual dj? can i use them with my laptop?

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 5:43 pm
i was checking the Numark site, i saw Battle pack, how is that,can i use that with timecoded vinyl and my laptop + maya44?

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 6:08 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you go with the 200's, Maya, 1050 mixer, and some Stanton 500AL cartridges you will be all set to start mixing with VDJ and your laptop. I believe the Battle packs TT's are the 16 series and are belt driven. I would not recommend.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 8:53 pm
u know im new to these stuff, and i dont want to be a proffessional dj, i just want to mix some music at home or small parties, not in clubs or elsewhere. thats why i dont want to spend so much money on TT200. I mean if the numak battle pack can work with Virtual DJ and Timecoded vinyl, well i prefer to go with that, but why did u say that it is not good b/c it is belt-driven? im not in scratching stuff, just regular mixing?

so what do u think?

Posted Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 9:29 pm
well with belt driven decks you will spend more time adjusting your songs to keep the beats aligned together since your wow & flutter will be greater (flutuation on belt drive is over 0.3% and gets worst when belts get older and used)

the direct drive decks hold a better fluctuation (0.1%) so your beats will stay aligned much better and easier so you won't work so hard to produce your mixes. less work you do on the decks the more fun you'll have doing your mixes since it will be much easier.

now weither your staying in your bedroom or planning on playing at a club in the near future your best to get some decent gear. I'm not saying to go out and spend millions. but at least have some minimum grade equipment. the TT200s will have about as much torque as the Tech 1200s so if you ever go to a club later on you will be used to the torque (amount of force the motor produces) now this means that the record pushing will be about the same as the decks you will be used to at home. now going up to a TT500 and TTx or other decks with impressive torque. sure they are fun to spin on but going back to 1200s will lead you to having to learn how much force to push your vinyl ahead to help your song get up to proper speed.

with Belt drive you'll get that slow start up sound compared to the direct drive will be a lot faster for start up upon release of the vinyl.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 07 @ 4:03 am
74%