Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV pitch "jumping" - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

MarspPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJHouseHead im with you ;)
this jumping pitch really sucks! i can't even record my new demo mix. it sounds really bad and it is not possible to sync two songs properly. don't want to downgrade.
greetz

Posted Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 1:15 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Just curious... what do you guys have for settings in your TC config menu? If you can try posting a screen shot just to make it easier to see. thanks.

also try a different TC mode (absolute, relative) i guess you use smart by default

Posted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 5:10 pm
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
After upgrading to 5.0 I downgraded to 4.3 because of this issue
does R2 fix this issue? please advise before I upgrade again.

Thanks,

Posted Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 5:17 pm
No, this issue is not resolved in 5.0r2. I believe that r2 was released before or at the same time that this issue arose. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release.

Posted Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 3:04 am
Here are the settings that I am using. I copied the settings from 4.3. After the upgrade, the "Pitch Sensitivity" was se with a much lower value (100ms). I changed them back to 2000, like 4.3.

http://djhousehead.com/img/tcvsettings.jpg

It seems that increasing the number, increases the number of milliseconds between updates of the current BPM and updates to the waveform screen. Increasing the number makes the bpm counter less jumpy but also makes the TCV less accurate. I downgraded to 4.3 and holding on until VDJ can figure out what the issue is.

Posted Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 3:30 am
MarspPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJHouseHead wrote :
Here are the settings that I am using. I copied the settings from 4.3. After the upgrade, the "Pitch Sensitivity" was se with a much lower value (100ms). I changed them back to 2000, like 4.3.

http://djhousehead.com/img/tcvsettings.jpg

It seems that increasing the number, increases the number of milliseconds between updates of the current BPM and updates to the waveform screen. Increasing the number makes the bpm counter less jumpy but also makes the TCV less accurate. I downgraded to 4.3 and holding on until VDJ can figure out what the issue is.

thats exactly the same problem in my setup. i can't mix without matching the beat properly. THAT SUCKS! is there still no solution??
mars

Posted Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 9:43 am
I can confirm this pitch fluctuation and i even have it with VDJ 4.3 :(

Posted Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 11:51 am
Am having the same issue - pitch changing considerably in v5.0r2.

No problems at all with 4.3 - have even tried brand new needles, new TCV all the clear sound, pitch sensitivity settings, etc. Some of the setting changes do stop it from visibly jumping around - but the track pitch is still jumpy.

Back to 4.3 until these little things are cleared up.

Posted Fri 05 Oct 07 @ 6:13 pm
Bump^^^ same problem with my right deck only .. pitch keeps bouncing up and down really back.. Am Using TCCD I'd even had to re-start my computer in the middle of a gig
all-ways carry your Laptop.... now I havent found a Answere any where in these forums. as it never happen to me while using 4.3 and now Am using 5.0 rev4.. I've change all the settings in the
time code configuration .I've check and un-check all the options and while the signal its at 100% still jumps.. Specs my Pc is a Velocity Raptor 3gigs of ram intelquad Vista ultimate
and using the infamous Maya 44 usb.. can any one help me out before i switch back to 4.3

Posted Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 12:18 am
any answers yet>> Bump^^

Posted Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 4:12 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 12:34 pm
Hey DJs, I have not been watching this thread for a minute, but yes I do still have some TCV issues. I am currently using ver. 5.04. For those of you reading this, I still say the right deck is more troublesome. The Left Deck may be fine. When I adjust the pitch on the left deck, the BPM counter responds fairly accurately (still not as good as 4.3 in my opinion) however the right deck seems to keep recalculating and is very jumpy. The problem doesn't just affect the BPM counter, but it actually changes the pitch of the waveform causing your mixes to go off. Hip Hop DJs may not notice this, because with slower tempos it takes longer for mixes to go off. When mixing fast tempo tracks, mixes that are not matched correctly go off beat quickly. I am installing and testing 5.05 today. I have a 2hr set to do for my weekly mixshow, so I will see how it performs during my set. I will post my findings/experience here when I am done.

Posted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 12:32 pm
I have my mode in relative now and everything is working fine. If you can beatmatch normally, do not look at the screen.
Try this - set the pitch sensitivty to 0. Uncheck clear sound. Everythings perfect for me now.

When I had pitch sensitivity at any rate I would notice that when I had things beatmatched for like 45 secs, thigns were starting to go out of sync so I touched the platter to speed up but then the tracks would only stay in for like 5 seconds as if the pitch had changed in the software. This may be the cause to other peopels problems. Try 0 pitch sensitvity for a day and record a mix. I'm sure you will like it:) I certainly do

Posted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 3:24 pm
kingdonPRO InfinityMember since 2007
cstoll wrote Well Version 5 Revision 5 (v5.0.5) is out - http://www.virtualdj.com/update.html . dose this fix the pitch jumping or not im still on rev 2 relative mode .ps vipervin are u using rev2

Posted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 1:29 am
I was usuing rev 2 but I just upgraded to rev 5. Now my pitch sensitvity is 1250 which charlie 5 sugested and my pitch is soooo solid:) I was using rev 2 because you can use it with serato time code in relative without it losing control. Howver now Im just waiting for the serato plug in, then I will be able to use rev 5 perfectly. Until then, pio cdj200s all the way:)

Posted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 2:00 am
kingdonPRO InfinityMember since 2007
nice one vipervin going to down load rev 5 and do some testing

Posted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 2:04 am
I am having a problem on my backup PC that is connected to a DAC3. Both decks show that the pitch slider is moving slightly up and down creating a warbly sound. It doesn't matter what skin i use and only happens when the dac3 is hooked up. It never did this before. I'm not using TCV or any dac mappers. It's vdj 4.3 rev12
PC:
2.4mhz Pentium
1 gig ram
512mb dual display video card
M-Audio Delta 410 soundcard
xp pro

Posted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 10:21 am
DJKoolzPRO InfinityMember since 2005
HouseHead, I have been having a lot of freezes and lockup even after installing V5 R4 and reported it in another tread.

The most difficult problem I have had with R4 and TCV is the pitch and BPM. The reported BPM is not what is displayed when you que the song and then the pitch jumps or does not even respond to pitch changes. At one time, my pitch increase jumped so much that i could not find a pitch that would work for my mix. I am hoping that R5 will fix that but for now, I put back version 4.3 until atleast 5.1.

Jedi Master

Posted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 7:34 pm
Occasionally the DAC-3 pitch slider will 'wobble' between two values (Probably when it's half-way between two points.) Moving the pitch slider slightly should stop it doing this. If it does this all the time, you might have a faulty DAC-3,

Posted Fri 26 Oct 07 @ 8:22 pm
it does it ALL THE TIME, now. I didn't used to

Posted Sat 27 Oct 07 @ 12:48 am
60%