Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV pitch "jumping" - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey guys, just wanna say that 5.0 rocks! Great new features! However, I do have one little problem that was not there in previous versions. For some reason, whenever I use TCV, the pitch meter keeps jumping up and down on its own, as if the program thinks that I keep changing the tempo on my turntable. This is affecting the quality of the sound, as it gives a "wah wah" effect (not cool!). I've tried adjusting the pitch sensitivity in the time-code setup, but it doesn't help (it just delays the time between the "jumps"). Even at 2000 (the default for v4.x), its almost continuously jumping around. This problem has never occurred for me before, and I haven't made ANY changes to my computer. Please let me know if this is a bug in the program, or if you guys have any solutions for me. Keep up the great work Dev team!

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 5:53 am
Nobody else has this problem or has seen something similar.....? Like I previously stated, this has never happened to me before the upgrade to V5.

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:07 pm
By default VirtualDJ's pitch sensitivity is 20x more in v5. Go into timecode config and set sensitivity from 100 to 2000 (which is the v4 default) and see if this changes things.

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:10 pm
Thanks for the reply, however, I have already tried this with no luck. I've even went as high as 10,000 just to see what would happen, but the slider still jumps. Also, my TC quality is 100% when this happens. I don't want to go back to 4.3 because I love the new features of V5, but I will have to if I can't get this resolved.

Posted Thu 23 Aug 07 @ 11:38 pm
Sorry for repeating what you had already stated in your first post, I guess I need to learn things twice hehe. I've actually had the reverse effect to you in v5. I've found the pitch readout to be a lot more stable even with low sensitivities. What sort of fluctuations are you getting? I've had these before but its not affected the sound quality badly, personally I had a big improvement in v5. You could try resetting the asio registry entries for VirtualDJ or simply resetting things up in VirtualDJ's configuration, there shouldn't be any harm in doing so.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 12:11 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
1. Is "Clear sound" enabled ?
2. Is RIAA enabled ? (you are using TCV phono out to line in right ?)
2. What soundcard ?
4. Can you try Tccd ? and see if the problem occur (uncheck RIAA in this case)
5. Check all your settings /redo/refresh all setings in TC setup.

No problems for me here.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 3:31 am
I am using Numark TTX1 turntables that allow either Line or Phono outputs. I have tried both of these, as well as tried enabling/disabling both Clear Sound and RIAA, without any luck. My soundcard is the U46DJ with driver 1.0.16. I havent yet tried TCCD, but I will this weekend and post my results. I downgraded back to v4.3 and the problem goes away. Everything works perfectly fine in older versions.

Posted Fri 24 Aug 07 @ 4:03 pm
Ok guys, I tried TCCD and everything works fine, so the problem lies with my turntables. However, I'm not too sure why, cuz I've never had any problems with TCV in previous versions. Currently, I have both 4.3 and 5.0 installed, and TCV's work perfect in 4.3. I've tried almost everything I can think of. I'm a vinyl guy, and really want like using TCV, not TCCD. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Posted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 4:03 am
MarspPRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi i have the same problem! but only on the right turntable.. i changed wires etc but pitch is still jumping. that really sucks because it sounds very bad!! i didnt have this problem in 4.3! i use two stanton t.120 with the 520 cartridge and the mk2 as soundcard.
greetz mars

Posted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 1:39 pm
Well, I was messing around with V5 again last night for a while, and I think maybe I found a solution. For me, I must set the pitch sensitivity to 2000 (the default for 4.x), and I must uncheck Clear Sound. I'm sure its a great feature, as others don't have any complaints with it, but it just doesn't seem to work well for me. I'm gonna play around with it some more tonight after work, and I'll verify if this in fact does fix my problem.

Marsp, maybe try the same settings and see if you have any luck with it.

Posted Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 5:55 pm
thanks ,i have tried the same, it is working. but it is not very good because the pitch does not move exactly with the pitch on my turntable.. i can not put it for example to 128.7 bpm, because it goes to 129 bpm or 128.5 bpm (but no jumping between them). that sucks because i can not really make a record. it sounds very bad when i try to sync two songs... is there any other solution??
mars

Posted Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 11:55 am
Hey guys, I just wanted to add my two cents and hope that someone tech support gives us some definative answers. I have the same problem. It started right after upgrading to version 5. My system performed very well and accurate with TCVs. My problem seems to be with the RIGHT deck only also. The left deck is much better, but still not like it was in 4.3. I tried increasing the Pitch Sensitvity (PS) to 2000. That seems to create a delay in the responsiveness by the software when adjusting the pitch, which makes it very hard to do beat-matching. The best results I have to far is using a setting of PS to 500ms. This is anot fixing the problem but helping the symptoms. The music / tempo still jumps some on the Right Deck and I cannot mix well as it stands. I have a Gig and a Internet Radio show in two weeks... I will switch back to 4.3 if I don't have an answer soon. Good luck you guys.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 1:18 pm
Have you tried unchecking Clear Sound? That seemed to be a big help for me.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 07 @ 4:18 pm
Thanks for the advice. I am getting mixed results. When I uncheck the Clear Sound box, the beat counter seems to bounce around less. However at times the beat counter is not responsive and keeps displaying the current tempo, even if I have completely stopped the record. I have played with Pitch Sensitivity and using 100ms - 2000ms. 500 - 1000 seem to work best. Strange enough, the problem seems to indeed affect the RIGHT - DECK more. If I run 4.3 on the same notebook as this; it runs fine. I hope Tech Support is reading this. I have seen a few posts with people with the same problem.

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 8:29 am
yep the right deck is much more worse than the left. same here.

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 5:15 pm
Funky-TPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Mine it does on both...

Posted Thu 06 Sep 07 @ 7:17 pm
Calling Tech support! I am updating this Thread, because I am hoping someone will see that this problem has not been resolved and we need help. Next I will be looking for a way to downgrade back to 4.3. Hear is a reminder of the problem. Since upgrading to 5r2, the TCV control has issues. The pitch jumps, the wave display is jumpy and the BPM counter is inaccurate. Some users including me seem to have mmore pronounce problems with the Right-Deck. The jumpy display is improved by increasing the Pitch Sensitivity from 100ms to 2000ms. However the BPM counter becomes less reponsive, which is not conducive when mixing fast tempo tracks. I have been using 500ms. Changing settings are treating the symptoms and not address the core problem. Please help!

Posted Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 2:35 am
I had this problem tonight with tccd. I wanted to change the sensitivity to 2000ms, but when I did the pitch would start jumping... I ended up resetting back to factory defaults and restarting the computer... luckily nobody was around.

Posted Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 9:19 am
****** ATTENTION TECH SUPPORT PLEASE READ THIS THREAD *********

I am surprised that no Moderators are taking notice to this thread. I am going to keep updating it, to keep it alive and in the forefront. I really feel that the settings available in the program under options are only going to help with the symptoms. However to get to the real problem, I think we are going to require either some registry hack, or a patch from development. I have been playing with settings for hours. I even bought new needles to my cartridge/needle combination would be identical. I have two gigs this week so I can't wait any longer. I used Windows XP "System Restore" and went back to 4.3. BAM! TCV tracking, pitch is accurate and flawless. All the new features in v5 are useless if my mixes suffer because I am fighting to keep the beat in sync. Take my advice. Downgrade until it is fixed before you do any major gigs. Otherwise you better enable "Auto Pitch Matching" and plan on using the Pitch Sync/lock often. The software will help keep your mixes on beat, but you lose the fun of using your own skills to mix.

Peace.

Posted Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 3:15 pm
cstoll,

Thanks for responding. I am happy to see that you guy are aware of the problem. Without any posts from a moderator such as yourself we (users) have no way of knowing if Tech Support is aware or has a fix for the problem. I think this problem goes beyond anything that us users can tweak and figure out.

Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 2:49 am
30%