Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Release date of BCD2000!! - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
This year ? lol...

Posted Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 6:17 pm
exactly--- lol-

its been "announced for" a lot of times now ;) oh well, maybe its finally comming ;)

Posted Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 6:26 pm
strange I don't see it there, i pushed refresh, tryed also german language. Yesterday it was there.
Try to refresh ;-) just in case you got something in your cache or proxy (ctrl + f5)

Anyway maybe i'm after it ..... (gonna buy it)

Posted Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 7:59 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I got an email from numark regarding the release of the new gear they have coming. It doesnt look like it will out for a while because they said they are still in early stages.

The BCD2000 can be a toy to play with to pass time till the numark controllers are out it seems.

Posted Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 10:26 pm

Posted Mon 03 Apr 06 @ 10:43 pm
jepuyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just got the BCD2000 last night. I got it for $149.+tax from PROSound. Not much of what I expected it to be, the software side of it that is. As for the hardware, it is a little better than the Hercules DJ. I can't compare it with the MK2 since I don't have it. Does VDJ work with this controller? I will download the trial version and try it out tonight.

The things that I don't like about it's software (called BDJ), compared to the VDJ for Hercules, it doesnt have the Analyze feature for configuring the BPM. Also, with VDJ, you just load up the song, wait a few seconds and viola, your BPM is set (though not perfect all the time). With BDJ, you have to play the whole song, with no interruption, to get your BPM.

BDJ is much more processor-intensive also. VDJ works great on my HP notebook (AMD Athlon XP1800 1.5 ghz 512mb XP Pro) but with BDJ, it was using 80-90 percent of my processor. I know I got to upgrade but just for comparison, VDJ works better.

If you guys are planning to buy the Behringer, don't use their software. If VDJ will work with it, I will definitely purchase it, especially now that their having a 50% off sale.

Just a thought......

P.S. Funny how the two almost sound the same... VDJ & BDJ

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 4:00 pm
jepuy,
if you play thru winamp, is the EQ working on berhinger ?

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 8:01 pm
I'll try that tonight. I will keep you posted.

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 8:23 pm
thank you

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 8:53 pm
Yeah keep us posted with comments. Whats the hardware like? Does it feel cramped? Jogwheel movement stiff? :)

What website did you get it from exactly? prosound.com?

Posted Wed 05 Apr 06 @ 10:41 pm
I just ordered my BCD2000 from Planet Dj and it is in stock. It will arrive next week.

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 12:18 am
You wouldn't beleve it they shipped my bcd 2000 today and I just ordered it a few hours ago. I like that kind of service.

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 1:18 am
lopez453,

Don't keep your hopes up. I tried playing music though winamp and _____________________ no sound. Maybe I didn't set it right but I'm just new at this thing so I apologize. I think the BCD2000 doesn't act as a soundcard. I'm guessing it needs some DJing software to output sound. I may be wrong though. I did try hooking up a cd player using the line in. It will only work if the BDJ software is running and then the EQ will also work. The BCD2000 doesn't seem to be an independent hardware. As I said earlier, it needs software not like the Hercules DJ Console. I also tried the VDJ trial version but it doesn't seem to work. I will have to ask help regarding this.

The jog dial is a little bit stiff which is ok with me but it is so cramped that when you scratch, you will most of the time hit the volume control either up or down. I haven't tried everything yet. I am desperately trying to make VDJ work with this thing. I am planning to buy the full version of VDJ since I only have the bundled one that came with my hercules. If I can't make VDJ work the BCD2000, I am going to return the BCD2000 and get my refund. I would not recommend using the BDJ software that came with it. It's just not godd enough especially if you're a VDJ user. I will have to stay with my hercules. For me, that's good enough.

I will keep you guys updated and let me know if I'm wrong about something.

ahhhh...where do I ask help to setup VDJ to work with the BCD2000? Thanks.

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 3:47 am
I don't think your qualified to test the controller. You don't even own Virtualdj so you can't test it with VDJ. So for now you are not ready to make opinions . I can get the sound to work also that won't be an issue.

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 5:20 am
Please post more comments about the bcd2000 in junction with vdj :)

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 5:44 am
digitalmdj,

let me know if you have BCD2000 work with VDJ. I'm really anxious for mine to work. If you can make it work with your "owned" VDJ, it should work on the trial version. Besides, that's why it's a trial, right? Try before you buy?

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 5:52 am
The controller is comming today from Nevada. They shiped it so fast I am amazed. She knew I was waiting a long time for it so I guess she rememberd and shiped it right after I ordered it over the internet.You need the full version of VDJ to get all the sound features to work so you might as well pay for it . It wont kill you to make the investment .

Posted Thu 06 Apr 06 @ 2:27 pm
I don't understand why official site still says "tba"? Is it out or what?

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 1:54 am
I just saw it, it says "Available Now"! Finally!

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 1:55 am
and the poor company just got a sued by one MILLION dollars for having unauthorized equipment on the US market... .

Posted Fri 07 Apr 06 @ 1:57 am
83%