Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Serato Scratch vs VDJ - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That SSL skin looks like its the best one yet lol. I've also accidently pressed some features on skins like volume and gain controls and loops during a gig. Simplicity is the key!

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 2:48 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 3:14 am
apopsis,.. i like it!

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 3:49 am
313ctroHome userMember since 2005
"so basicly 313ctro wishes she could afford SSL"

Oh please. Isn't it quite obvious that I own SSL. I think you got it backwards there son, you're the one who wishes you could afford it. It's called a job, get one. I own or have owned FS1, FS2, Mixvibes DVS, Ms. Pinky, djDecks and even VDJ believe it not . I've tried them all, and like it or not, SSL smokes them all.

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 4:11 am
313ctroHome userMember since 2005
Oh, and Serato has been notified about VDJ's copycat SSL skin. It's one thing to make a bootleg skin for yourself and a few friends, but having it publicy availible for download (31000+ downloads) is a big no no called copywrite infringment. So if I were you, I'd take that skin down with a quickness. Maybe Serato will take action, maybe they won't. Like I said in the other thread, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 4:26 am
Well if VDJ would "imitate" SSL's sound quality,.. then I would be so "flattered" that I would have to stick with it instead of spending $580 on new software and learning a completley new system :-)

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 4:48 am
My dimes worth, If you want a "BMW" for you pc based porgram, go ahead. But your are going to have to buy all their parts and use all their services. Basicly you have a closed source non-servicable product. If that product fit yours needs, super! but for the majority, who wants a car with the hood welded shut? The closest thing VDJ comes to in the same sense is a "Jeep". millions of third party parts and the list is very short of what you cannot do or fix on a "Jeep".
It is just the epic of the tortoise vs. the hare.

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 6:09 am
Oh sypher sypher sypher. Hahaha- As anybody knows- A BMW will SMOKE a Jeep anyday, just as Serato SMOKES VDJ. (In terms of vinyl emulation, and all the REAL stuff, that the majority uses.) millions of parts? A good lesson to learn early on is, quantity is NOT quality... (TCV, XP10, DAC, Hercules... etc. etc.)

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 8:11 am
Yo, dj in norway. Stop using your valuable time defending VDJ. It is not needed. This is a free world, and those that want to use other software, it is ok. I personally don't give a shit what anyone else is using. I use what works for me, and don't bash or disrespect those that use something else. I used vinyl for 23 years, and stopped in 1990. To me, vinyl is dead. Been there, done that. Do I care about TCV or TCCD's, NO. Do I bash those that do care, NO. It's like a bunch of children running around here crying because they can't get what they want, fast enough. They are working on the software, and if it is not fast enough for you, you don't have to wait. None of these companies owe you ANYTHING. They make a product, if you like it, good. If not, go somewhere else. If SSL is perfect, then I quess, the rest of the companies should just stop, and close down. They don't have any bugs, or glitches? Well I quess the game is over. I think some of the auto features in most of the software on the market, is a joke. Do I cry about it, NO. I just don't use it. I love the video feature, and all that goes with it. Anyone that thinks that visuals don't have a place, is kidding themselves. Have you seen Tiesto's shows? They are a visual circus, period. You think they came to see a guy mix? They are all high on something and there are fire breathers, lights, video, trapeze artist etc. You name it, and he throws it in. It's all smoke and mirrors. I give him credit, for doing shows like that. Do you think he would fill a stadium, if he was just standing there mixing? That's like seeing KISS, without the pyrotechnics. We all have opinons, but most of them are not worth the forums they are written on. Including mine. I for one, am not easily impressed.

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 10:12 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Word.

Man those forums are great, despite the occasional shameless backstabber or anonymous midwest snitch dropping by to stir some wannabe shit.

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 10:33 am
"...vinyl emulation, and all the REAL stuff, that the majority uses...."

So, now the majority uses vinyl? yeah yeah.... If that was only true :)

If you wanna use vinyl ONLY .. go nuts, have fun at SSL ;) I dont care...
In fact, I'll just throw in a little tip... why not use real vinyl? If the software is not to offer more than vinyl emulation...

Good luck at a different forum the few (or even two) of you that feel this way... see ya around .. :)
I'll stick with the Jeep that takes me to the places I wanna go...

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 11:15 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
so that about sums it up. if anyone can think of anything else to add feel free.

oh and its not like VDJ is open source or anything just because you can map your dac3 to it and use VST effects

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 11:53 pm
I'm going to consider this thread closed. Please, for the love of VDJ. Let's stop talking about this.

Posted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 12:33 am
true.. at least the other topic about the subject is taking a more contructive turn

Can't win them all ;)

topic closed

Posted Fri 06 Jan 06 @ 12:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)