Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: genre to comment field ?still confused?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a big club gig this weekend need this question answered this week

I spent 3-4 hours using itunes correcting and adding comments into the genre and comments field with itunes. Everything matches perfectly and I can sort easily -- but when I load the tracks into VDJ, the comment fields are still blank.

I have tried id3tag reader for VDJ plugin
I also tried VDJ database updater

Can someone please explain *step by step* how to get the comment field to show up under VDJ? I don't care about id3 tags, just the ability to see the genre in the comments field. I have over 12,000 tracks that need to be modified. Will modifying the id3tag erase the BPM field written by VDJ (will I have to recount them again)?

?confused?
WirelessDJ

Posted Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 1:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
if i am not mistaken, comment in Itunes is part of id3tag. But virtual's DJ comment is a internal comment for the program and has nothing to do with the id3 tag's comment. I am not sure if there is some kind of a plug-in in order to add a columnin yous browser. I think someone has asked for this in the new feutures forum.

Posted Tue 01 Nov 05 @ 5:55 pm
I need something to do that quickly and easily even no matter what it costs

Posted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 5:37 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
..then download the "ID3 Tag&Rename" program. If Itune's comment is part of ID3Tag then you can rename all your files as Artist-Title - Comment.mp3 for example. One way or another you could rename the filename as you wish and sort them properly. This program does massive job, that means you can rename thousands of mp3 with a few commands, and quickly. I can not think of something else.
If comment of Itunes is part of an internal database, i think you can not do anything for that.

Posted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 12:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)