Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cant use headphone anymore - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AdcomPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ive bought herc dj console and my headphone worked fine now ive bought the full version of vdj and my headphone doesnt work anymore.... ive tried various settings of the soundcards and yes also the option speakers and headphones
my headphone does works when i plug it in the back of the controller but it will not work in the plug that was made for it (volume control for headphone on controller is open)

Posted Tue 13 Jan 04 @ 11:44 pm
I hope someone can help you sort this out.
Im considering upgrading eventually too and thought it would just be a smooth transition without having to setup the new version of VDJ to accept the console.
Did all the other controls of the console just work right away yeah?
Anyways, i hope someone can give you an answer.

Posted Wed 14 Jan 04 @ 6:27 am
Same issue. Can't use the headphones and I would love these to work if possible. Hope it's a programming error if it works in the console version. I always had the full version. Can any teamers out there assist with settings in full version and if it works for you. I am using the internal soundcard for phones. Thanx

Posted Thu 15 Jan 04 @ 11:30 pm
zachaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
same problem here... if you set the output to multichannel soundcard and speakers/headphones and plug your headphones into 5/6 on the back of the console they'll work. they seem to simply have swaped the 3/4 and 5/6 channel as normally the headphone output is on 3/4... dumb workaround but works

Posted Wed 21 Jan 04 @ 5:20 pm
indeed.. dump workaround. i suppose it will be fixed in upcomming version 1.09 but i've seen no reply from support yet concerning this issue :o[

Posted Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 8:10 am
zachaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i'll switch back to the console version until this is fixed

Posted Thu 22 Jan 04 @ 12:53 pm
DaZHeLLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Same Problem here... didn't find a way to get the Headphone with v1.08 working.. why they say in their featureslist they support in 1.08 the console when they even not tested it?

Posted Thu 05 Feb 04 @ 8:40 am
Lol, I think this problem come when you use Virtual DJ 1.08 "Full version" with DJ Console, not with the VDJ DJ Console version....

Posted Thu 05 Feb 04 @ 8:46 am
DaZHeLLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Of course we use v1.08. but when you say in your FEATURES list http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html the console will work with FULL Version v1.08. then it should work. 4th last row where it says "Hercules DJConsole support"
The DJ Console Version is still 1.07b.

if i'm going to buy the FULL Version which you say work with the DJ Console, the it should work. i'm not gonna spend 99€ just for plugins!!! I also want to use the FULL Version v1.08

Or maybe you make a new update for DJ Console Version to 1.09 :-)

Posted Thu 05 Feb 04 @ 9:02 am
nizorHome userMember since 2003
About the DJConsole version.
There is an update for VDJ.
I used it and now my VDJ version is 1.08 and not 1.07b
Just FYI

Posted Thu 05 Feb 04 @ 5:46 pm
but it's really a pain that:

DJConsole does not grant a full version and that we can only get a couple useable plugins.
That the BPM engine is just plain stoooopid
And that if u buy it full version it's not even compatible.
Isn't there some kind of ini file that should be kept from DJConsole version and copied in your install dir of the full version ????

I'll check that out.
You want support ??? DO IT YOURSELF
coz the ones who developped this app don't know crap about music !!!!

angry user

by the way, same goes for hercules and their wonderfully unstable console (got ripped too)

Posted Thu 05 Feb 04 @ 5:50 pm
Nizor,

You say :

« “DJConsole does not grant a full version and that we can only get a couple useable plugins.””

I say: You pay for the DJ Console that’s all. All software in package is the FREE VERSION !!! Don’t complain here for the option you have never paid for !!! You really think you buy a DJ Console for 249 euro and you have VDJ (cost 99 euro) and the other software in full version for free ??

You say: “That the BPM engine is just plain stoooopid”

I say: You can use this engine to calibrate your song; you can adjust the beat with the phase and more. You know a better engine ???

You say: “And that if u buy it full version it's not even compatible”

I say: The full version is full compatible with the DJ Console, there is only one problem with the headphone and probably fix in the next update. (This problem is in the FULL VERSION of VDJ, not in the FREE DJ Console version 1.07 or 1.08)

You say: “You want support ??? DO IT YOURSELF

I say: You want support for the full version you buy it, that’s all !

I DJ’ing in club since 1978 and I work with Virtual DJ in club since July first 2003, 4 days a week, never crash, never problem with my full version, This software are the better I never use for mixing with the computer, and you said: “the ones who developped this app don't know crap about music !!!!” I think it’s you who don't know crap about music, I’m sure you are better to complain about anything than you are a good DJ. You want all for free? You take what’s you want: a limited version of the software.

This forum are for the DJ Console owner who want help for the VDJ DJ Console version, not for the Full version of VDJ…and some user come here with the question about the FULL and we can see “trial user” under nickname. PLEASE, if you use an illegal full version, don’t come here to complain…

Coyote

Posted Fri 06 Feb 04 @ 12:32 am
Nizor, i suggest you have your unstable console repaired/replaced by Hercules and buy a full version of VDJ.

Atomix can't help it that Hercules doesn't ship a full version of VDJ. I had some troubles with my console too. i'm sending mine back this weer due hyperactive jogdials.
but the software problems are completely solved, so i think Atomix is doing a good job. i have faith in having the headphones-issue fixed in the first next release.

I personally would like to order 2 XP10s when they are available and sell my Hercules console.

Blame Hercules, not Atomix.

Posted Fri 06 Feb 04 @ 11:33 am
right, u get a limited version of a software.
i do not care about paying more but here is my point :

Either u get a hardware that's compatible with all softwares (EG : a midi controller, what i thought DJ Console was, but u're not responsible for that part)
OR u get a software planned to be used with a dedicated console (coz it does not work with another software correctly) and u get the full version. What a deception when the only soft usable live with the console, i have to spend 100 euros to get plugins. That's just too much.

And yes, U say that beat match is just magic, and that is a LIE. As long as the beat is plain 4 to the floor, it works. Try big beat, electro or hip hop and u have to set EVERYTHING urself.

I'm really sorry but it does not happen that often with TRAKTOR. It matches beat a lot better. And i'm not talking about the biggest CD players for dj's from Denon or numark or pioneer that'll beatmatch almost perfectly.
When u're that good with the soft u sell, u can tell me i'm wrong.
Until then, keep working on 1.09 for DJconsole.

See ya

Posted Tue 10 Feb 04 @ 1:45 pm
"And yes, U say that beat match is just magic, and that is a LIE. As long as the beat is plain 4 to the floor, it works. Try big beat, electro or hip hop and u have to set EVERYTHING urself"

Mixing (beat matching) is an art. Do it yourself and don't use gadgets.

A half decent dj should be able to beatmatch within a minute or so. And yes that includes RnB and Hip Hop/Rap.

Why on earth would you want to press a button and 'hey presto' it's done for you. Where is the fun in that?

Posted Wed 11 Feb 04 @ 11:28 am
a lot of dj's who are used to vinyl tell me the same thing.
Here is my point :

i do not want to spend a lot of time just to beatmatch song.
That part of the djing does not interest me much because it's different for every kind of decks u use.
Behringer, gemini, numark, stanton or Technics, they just do not behave the same and you need some time to adapt to every machine.
I experienced this and really think it's a pain.
That's why i like VDJ, because i can spend more time on the REAL mixing and not just beatmatching, i just think it's not fun.
(that my personal advice of course, i admit that lots of DJs love that part).
And the thing is that when u read the manual of VDJ, that's what they tell u : instant beatmatching.
And when it does not do what they tell u in an owner's manual, i just call it a lie. It's that simple.
If you buy a car, you expect it to be as in the ad the salesman showed u. And when u get it with only three wheels, you've got the right to be disappointed.
That's how i feel about VDJ.
It works fine, you can fine tune the beat of a song manually, but then DO NOT SAY that it's a magical beatmatch function when it's not.

I still have to make some tests, but i figured out how the beatmatch engine works. I hope some support guys will tell me if i'm wrong.

here it is :

in the wave view, there is a little line that looks like a volume threshold for the beat. And VDJ calculates the beat of the song referring to the beats that go over the threshold (most frequently the bassdrum).
That is why the tempo is calculated alright when u have a good 4 to the floor. And it's wrong for Electro for example because the bassdrum does not come on every 1/4 of a measure. In this case, it's more often a HH open or closed that should be used to calculate the tempo.
I just hope i'm wrong but i've noticed that behaviour more than once)

hope this did not bore u too much.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 04 @ 1:33 pm
and by the way, i'm not a decent DJ, i'm learning to become one.
I may become one someday.

Posted Wed 11 Feb 04 @ 1:34 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Suffering through the process of learning how to beatmatch two tracks manually on the fly (whether with turntables, CD players, or vdj) would help you become a decent dj. To use you car analogy, it's stick vs automatic, if you know both you know which one brings you the more thrills and gives you more control :)

But no need to get into that, I also understand wanting to have fun quick, and for that here's my advice:

VDJ doesn't lie about its magical beatmatching: if the BPM/phase of two tracks is correct, VDJ will magically beatmatch them with no problem.

And as you said, if it's not 4 on the floor, VDJ can often not detect correct BPM values and phases (beginning of measures), so you have to help it a little bit with this cognitive process. It doesn't take more than a few seconds per track: while a track is playing, click on its BPM value to open the beat editing window, and (I don't remember the exact labels of the buttons) on the first beat of a measure click on "beat 1", and on the first beat of the next measure click on "beat 2" button, and in the number field indicate how many beats were between those two clicks.

You can get extremely precise by pausing and cueing beat 1 precisely, click on "beat 1", move the phase fader so that the big square is at your cue point, then play your song for as many beats as possible (more beats = more precision), say 64 beats (16 bars / 4 measures), pause and cue the first beat of the next measure, click "beat 2", enter "64" in the box, and click OK.

I know, it would be great if Atomix could develop some miracle AI to do this cognitive process automatically for all tracks and all kinds of music, but doing this once per track, once and for all, will already take out the burdain of having to beatmatch from scratch every time: again, as long as the values are correct, VDJ will beatmatch flawlessly...

Hope this helps.

Nicolas

Posted Wed 11 Feb 04 @ 10:19 pm
"i do not want to spend a lot of time just to beatmatch song.
That part of the djing does not interest me,"

Why do you want to be a dj then? I don't wish to sound rude but that is the skill involved. Alternatively, take me to one of you gigs, I'll beatmatch and you can play with the crossfader :)

"much because it's different for every kind of decks u use.
Behringer, gemini, numark, stanton or Technics, they just do not behave the same and you need some time to adapt to every machine. "

Different? You slow the record (or mp3) down or speed it up to sync the beats. There is no difference other than preference/feel/practice.

"I experienced this and really think it's a pain.
That's why i like VDJ, because i can spend more time on the REAL mixing and not just beatmatching, i just think it's not fun. "

Fun because you can't do it? Or fun cos you dont have the patience?

Practice and practice some more. Believe me once you get into it that is the most FUN part. No matter what software you use you will always need beatmatching skills. Even VDJ runs out of sync on a 4/4 beat. Then what?

"(that my personal advice of course, i admit that lots of DJs love that part)".

Am I missing something here? Isn't that what a DJ is meant to do? (apart from wedding dj's - no offence) I don't like getting up in the morning but I have to :)

"And the thing is that when u read the manual of VDJ, that's what they tell u : instant beatmatching. And when it does not do what they tell u in an owner's manual, i just call it a lie. It's that simple"

BMW told me my car has 350+ BHP but I can only go as fast as 155mph cos it's limited. get over it, move on.

"If you buy a car, you expect it to be as in the ad the salesman showed u. And when u get it with only three wheels, you've got the right to be disappointed.
That's how i feel about VDJ."

Only because you can't beatmatch and you want it done there and then. Bill Gates told me windows would........ thats another story :)

Seriously, I am not having a go, but the fundimentals of 'mixing' is beatmatching. Until you grasp that no software will help you. And in my opinion you should take up another hobby if you just want to press a button and play with the crossfader. It just is not that simple!

Posted Thu 12 Feb 04 @ 1:49 pm
U are right on most points but there is a lot more to DJing than just beat match songs.

And that is the part that i do not like.

See i make electronic music on my pc with synths and stuff.
But i never went throught the whole process of learning how to play bass, strings, brass, guitar, flute, sax, and other brass.
Still, i use them in my productions.
And when a piece of software (and hardware, coz Hercules is more to blame than VDJ in this case) tells u it does this thing for U, i expect it to do it.
And right, you can set the BPM by hand. And i had to redo it twice after upgrading the software also. Do not tell me that's not a pain in the rear.
That's ok when you've got 100 MP3's but the thing is that i have almost half a million songs.
And i do not have three months free to set the tempo for all that stuff.
But after all, i may be the kind of DJ you call "Wedding DJ".

Last thing, u are also right about bill gates. He's also a very good liar. He could probably sell DJConsoles from hercules as well as they do.

Posted Thu 12 Feb 04 @ 3:15 pm
87%