Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: djm 450 and crackling STILL now fixed after 5 years.
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i think i figured out the cracking issue on the djm 450

its not usb 3. why not. it wouldn't be much more money.

main culprit. the ad adapter is not a kettle plug. (the kind you use to connect lets says a desktop pc power supple to wall. or even a ddj rz. 4 years ago had a djm 450. had this issue and sold it. thought it was a fluke. yet again. finally just got a new one. made in may 2023. the crackling is still there. ive turned turbo off. have it connected to a very fast pc. and a fast laptop. same thing.
it also happens when using aimp. vlc, vdj, rb.
my system is a msi meg ace z790, 64 gbs ddr5 ram at 6000mhz. 5 m2 drives. all samsung 990s. NOT using magician. tried all sorts of of usb ports, etc. doesnt cracking when playing vinyl.

this seems to be a very common issue. but on the 750k. which is its bigger brother. it uses a kettle plug. no cracking. but good luck find a 750mk2 now. in germany its a 6 month wait.
any ideas?

Posted Mon 07 Aug 23 @ 8:55 am
btw title should have said not fixed.

Posted Mon 07 Aug 23 @ 9:18 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Since you say it's like that with all software you try, seems like a hardware issue.
If happens with Rekordbox (the officially supported software), your best chance is to contact Pioneer and report, hoping they have some solution/workaround.

Posted Mon 07 Aug 23 @ 1:01 pm
its not a vdj thing. it happens in rb too. and theres hundreds of threads about it. i sent it back and got a denon dnx 1850 prime. only thing in stock.

Posted Mon 07 Aug 23 @ 6:53 pm
djdad wrote :
Since you say it's like that with all software you try, seems like a hardware issue.
If happens with Rekordbox (the officially supported software), your best chance is to contact Pioneer and report, hoping they have some solution/workaround.

did see another maybe issue: on the djm 450. it is locked at 48000khz. and you cant change it within the mixers settings or on windows. i have had other mixers (the denon dnx1700 and the allen and heath db2) where this was an issue. but you could change it within the mixers settings. on 48000khz neither of those mixers would work at all. hmm.

Posted Tue 08 Aug 23 @ 9:51 am