Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Crash Report
Hi - I had an issue on Friday night where VDJ just closed down in the middle of my set. I opened it back up again and it continued from the point where it crashed, but some weird behaviour after that point:
Sometimes the track name displayed on my Prime 4 was the previous song that was played
The time display on my Prime 4 along with the waveforms were very glitchy and kept freezing.

On Saturday I went back to the last stable version, re downloaded the Prime 4 screen and all was Ok.

To be fair, this is the first crash I've had in a long time.

Is there a way to see the crash report for this night? I looked in the Virtual DJ folder, but the only log I can see is Log Report which doesn't say anything about the issue.

Thanks!

Posted Mon 24 Apr 23 @ 1:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Were you using the default Screen skin or some custom ?

Posted Mon 24 Apr 23 @ 2:27 pm
It was the default VDJ skin and the Default Prime 4 screen. Is there a crash log anywhere?

Posted Mon 24 Apr 23 @ 3:40 pm
When I've seen people having crashes on the Prime 4 it's usually the Denon ASIO sound driver to blame.

Posted Mon 24 Apr 23 @ 3:45 pm
As I said, that was the first crash I have had in a long time!

Posted Mon 24 Apr 23 @ 3:51 pm
There is indeed a crash report uploaded. Seems unrelated to Denon Prime, related to Video engine and we are investigating.
Do you recall if anything particular was running at that time, some Video FX, Visualization, Video Transition, specific Track that you may be able to reproduce ?

Posted Mon 24 Apr 23 @ 10:43 pm
It was just a video playing, there were no FX or transitions running at the time. I've tried to recreate the issue by playing the same video on the same build (and the latest stable build and the latest early access) but no crash this time.
When it crashed, I had got an external display running in the bar showing the video, but I'm not there at the moment to connect it all up in the same way.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 23 @ 7:49 am
I am using a 2021 M1 MacBook Pro by the way, forgot to say that.

Posted Tue 25 Apr 23 @ 8:24 am
Hi @DJDad - did the engineers find anything that could have caused it?

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 7:43 am
Not really. Have you tried/managed to reproduce ?

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 8:08 am
Yes - can't reproduce it. I tried with the same file over different builds and it played fine. As I said in the earlier message, I was hooked up to external screens in the bar which is the only difference. I can try that file tonight with the same setup.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 8:09 am
I dont think it has to do with the screens/projectors you have connected, as long as the video output window is opened on your computer screen.
Perhaps a Track that has never been played before (not analyzed) but now it is ?
You can try a different-new one, or locate the entry of this Track in database.xml , delete its node, then try again in VDJ

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 10:14 am
It was a video track that I hd played many times before!

Posted Fri 28 Apr 23 @ 1:02 pm