Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Optimized Skin for Denon PrimeGO and Prime4 - Page: 1
As announced before, I published my new skin für Denon Prime Go and Prime 4.

A video about the features can be found here: https://youtu.be/pQGqcDsc6-w

Here are some images:

I would like to publish this skin on the VirtualDJ platform, too. Is there some tutorial on how to do it?

Would be happy to hear your feedback and thoughts.

Thx and Cheers
Jochen

Posted Sat 04 Mar 23 @ 6:00 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Sat 04 Mar 23 @ 6:17 pm
Thank you locodog,
did a commit yesterday 👍

Posted Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 12:39 pm
SMAODJPRO InfinityMember since 2021
Looks great and very sophisticated, EGR!
Will definitely test the skin on my Go. Is there any easy way to adapt the colors to the DenonDJ white/green/blue scheme? I really love that as it is very unique.

Posted Thu 09 Mar 23 @ 9:01 am
SMAODJ wrote :
Looks great and very sophisticated, EGR!
Will definitely test the skin on my Go. Is there any easy way to adapt the colors to the DenonDJ white/green/blue scheme? I really love that as it is very unique.

Long press view button to access settings and change waves to 3color and shapes

Posted Thu 09 Mar 23 @ 1:09 pm
Thank you, Tomas. A step in the right direction. But I ment all colours like deck identifiers, buttons and even VU meters. Like in your custom skin, which has less functions for the Go, but much more if the Denon look.

Posted Thu 09 Mar 23 @ 4:07 pm
Hey,
would be a new color profile. Maybe, you Tomas, could integrate a new color profile in the skin. Could be easy since nearly all colors are extracted as variables and there are already two profiles for dark and daylight. Shouldn't be to complicated.
You could create a branch and a pull-request on GitHub then.

Cheers
Jochen

Posted Thu 09 Mar 23 @ 4:22 pm

Posted Thu 09 Mar 23 @ 4:24 pm
Electronic Green Room wrote :
Hey,
would be a new color profile. Maybe, you Tomas, could integrate a new color profile in the skin. Could be easy since nearly all colors are extracted as variables and there are already two profiles for dark and daylight. Shouldn't be to complicated.
You could create a branch and a pull-request on GitHub then.

Cheers
Jochen

I tried myself, but for some reason the Go‘s screen remains black even after the slightest edit I do. I have zero experience with xml editing though …

Posted Thu 09 Mar 23 @ 5:40 pm
I thought maybe tomas could apply the color scheme to the skin, not you. Indeed it is hard to modify the XML, if your not familiar with it.

Posted Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 11:28 am
I thought maybe tomas could apply the color scheme to the skin, not you. Indeed it is hard to modify the XML, if your not familiar with it.

Will take a look at it next week, I am busy during weekend, sorry.
Regards, Tomas.

Posted Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 12:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have seen users trying to load the same skin from the Interface tab of VirtualDJ settings as their main skin.
As it doesnt offer the basic Settings/Min/Max/Close buttons , perhaps you should add back hidden=true parameter to the XML files

Posted Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 2:30 pm
Hi DjDad,

Thx for the advice. Just committed a new version with hidden=true.

Jochen

Posted Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 3:04 pm
Tomas Cerny (VeeJay Lizard) wrote :

Will take a look at it next week, I am busy during weekend, sorry.
Regards, Tomas.

That would be great! If found out the main problem was the zip file my Mac created and got it fixed using Keko, but still the number of color definitions is a little overwhelming for me ...

Posted Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 3:31 pm
Been experimenting with the skins xml - though job!!!
I am now close to what I like, but I don't think, I've done it the Propper way ...
So, if you'd look into it Tomas, I'd really appreciate.
What would be supercool, if the denoncolorscheme could been implemeted into the default vdj pro skin, especially the waveforms. For me it is not clear, what needs to be changed for that, but maybe for you it is a simple one? Or ca you give me a few hints and I try to do it?
Anyways, no stress - this is just me playing around, trying to make it look cool for me. Nothing important or that would make anyone here a better DJ.

Posted Sun 12 Mar 23 @ 11:56 am

Like this?

Jochen i still have no browser in 2 deck vertical mode. VDJ crash when you switch from 2. Deck horizontal with video on to daylight mode. Can be reproduced anytime on Mac m1.
Regards Tomas

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 5:17 pm
Looking very nice!
Will it preserve the option of the waveform in shapes/3 Denon colors?

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 6:05 pm
SMAODJ wrote :
Looking very nice!
Will it preserve the option of the waveform in shapes/3 Denon colors?

Yes of course

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 6:07 pm
Tomas Cerny (VeeJay Lizard) wrote :

Like this?

Jochen i still have no browser in 2 deck vertical mode. VDJ crash when you switch from 2. Deck horizontal with video on to daylight mode. Can be reproduced anytime on Mac m1.
Regards Tomas

Good Work Tomas!
The colors look nice. Should I integrate then new Color-Theme or will you create a pull-request?

I just checked, that 2 decks mode with video on and switch to daylight is working without any problems on Windows 11. No issues. And the Browser in 2 deck vertical mode is displayed as intended.

Since I have no access to any Mac I won't be able to debug the issue. I'm afraid I can't help here. Maybe somebody with a Mac can check, what is happening and debug the issue.
Maybe @DjDad could look into it. Since I just provide a new skin, no XML or script should crash VDJ.

Sorry, I can't help here 😥

Cheers
Jochen

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 7:13 pm
Hi Jochen will send you xml file to e-mail in few minutes. Will not make it public, as it is your script. You can use it as you wish.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 23 @ 8:05 pm
57%