Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: License to publish skins
Hey,

I've been working on a Skin for the Prime 4 and the Prime GO, that extends the Prime GO skin shipped with VDJ and adds several new features:
* 4 Decks support for the Prime GO
* 2 Decks vertical view
* 4 Decks horizontal view
* 4 Decks vertical view
* VU meter per channel for the Prime GO
* Sandbox Mode
* Prelisten Mode
* Daylight Mode
* and some litte other changes

To given an impression here are some pictures:

My question is: Am I allowed to pubish the script (XML, PNG and ZIP releases) on GitHub to make it accessable and beeing able to improove further using issue tracker and forking with others?
Or can skins only be published as an extension of VDJ?

Under which licence should I create the GitHub repository? Some specific Open-Source license?

Thx and cheers
Jochen

Posted Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 7:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You are allowed to publish anywhere u want, i just feel Github is not a place for VDJ users, it's mostly for programmers , developers etc. and dont feel like posting/exposing the XML code will be any help either.

Best would be to upload your Addons here and get a dedicated topic to discuss with VDJ users. If you still need to post in Github, just dont route users there (dont post Github links here)

Posted Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 7:28 pm
Hey DjDad,

thx for the fast reply. Since I'm a developer I thought it would be good to use GitHub to collaborate with others, to have the possiblity of merge requests, issue tracking and so on.

I understood, that I should not post links to GitHub here. So I won't do that. 👍

Let me say, that I love VDJ for its customizablility. Your software is just awesome.

Thx and have a nice day
Jochen

Posted Tue 28 Feb 23 @ 7:46 pm