Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Loop quantize doesn't seem to work reliably
I have a few songs that I've tried using the auto length selection of loops, but I realize with larger loops, auto selection seems to have an offbeat end point. I've tried:
- re-analyzing the file
- turning quantize and smart loop on

None of these helped.

This used to work properly in earlier versions...it seems to be broken in the latest update.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 22 @ 3:00 am
Are your beat grids accurate?

If the problematic songs have human rhythm sections, like 70s disco etc., then you need to manually align the grid to the beats.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 22 @ 5:40 am
Niels (cph) wrote :
Are your beat grids accurate?

If the problematic songs have human rhythm sections, like 70s disco etc., then you need to manually align the grid to the beats.

Yes the beatgrid was accurate...it's one of the first things I checked because I was dependent on the quantization giving me a perfect loop (the songs I tried were also newer, digital songs with constant BPMs). I happed to get it corrected by manually setting the in point for the loop, letting the song play and then setting the out point, while having quantize loop and smart loop enabled. However, I can't explain what caused the problem originally....it was like VDJ was stuck in an odd quantization that was off beat until I manually forced it to recalibrate with those steps.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 22 @ 2:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you manually set the Loop In point, then all you need is Smart Loop enabled to get a seamless loop.
If you have Loop quantize enabled, then the Loop In point may be shifted to snap to the nearest beat.

If you still feel that there is some bug there, feel free to post screenshots showing the issue.

Posted Tue 12 Jul 22 @ 1:28 pm
djdad wrote :
If you manually set the Loop In point, then all you need is Smart Loop enabled to get a seamless loop.
If you have Loop quantize enabled, then the Loop In point may be shifted to snap to the nearest beat.

If you still feel that there is some bug there, feel free to post screenshots showing the issue.

So unfortunately I can't reproduce the problem right now...otherwise I would post a picture of the problem. The thing is the grid of the songs were properly done by myself before trying to use the quantization/smart loop features...after enabling the grid lines, you could see the upcoming grid line, but the engine set the end point of the loop somewhere halfway within the two grid lines around the song marker position. I even rescanned the song and adjusted the grid accordingly (assuming the grid may have been off somehow). It's almost like the engine was stuck on some odd BPM grid value and I forced it to reset itself using the manual in/out buttons with quantize + smart loop enabled.

Posted Wed 13 Jul 22 @ 2:49 pm