Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: latency, popping sounds, newbie needs HELP - Page: 2
Try using WASAPI drivers instead of the DenonDJ Asio. I know the Asio driver has issues with some computers that are unsolveable.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 22 @ 6:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@STEVENDJTT,
I believe you got several replies on this. My best guess is your computer specs. AMD Ryzen 3 is pretty low, at least for VirtualDJ, even with Stems (mathEngine) disabled

Posted Tue 18 Oct 22 @ 6:55 pm
DazPCPRO InfinityMember since 2017
I've been having the same issues I had an ACer Aspire As15 with a I5 processor , which I was told was too low spec, but worked for 3 years with my Denon MC6000mk2 playing video, with no problem, then 2 months ago drop outs started track started 4-5 time a night , every night so I Upgraded to an acer Nitro 5 with 16gb RAM Quad core, Ryzen 7, Nvidia geforce RTX 3060 6gb graphic card, and a 512GB SSD inside, and an external SSD 1TB with the music and video on, this machine did the same :( latency issues with wdf01.000.sys) updated drivers, set everything for optimal followed guidance from support, changed to wasapi but still registers issues on latency monitor :(

Posted Mon 24 Oct 22 @ 8:00 pm
DAZPC
you haven't been able to fix the issue at all?

We finally did something that changed the latency monitor app and it now says that my system can handle real-time audio, BUT it hasn't stopped the stuttering/stopping issue.

On friday night, 3 times, the laptop "stuttered" on songs - it freezes, i have to jump to my 2nd laptop and restart VDJ on my main PC. Than on Saturday - in the middle of a 1st dance for a wedding, the song suddenly stopped for literally 1 or 2 seconds, than resumed playing - luckily, i had a 2nd laptop running audio at the same time, so no one noticed the stop but me.

This whole problem just came out of nowhere and it's beyond frustrating and embarrassing.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 22 @ 11:54 pm
Windows update possibly?

Posted Tue 25 Oct 22 @ 7:30 am