Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Traktor Kontrol D2 Screens - Page: 1

Posted Mon 21 Mar 22 @ 3:36 pm
Hope My Displays on my Kontrol S4 MK3 works also soon :-)

Posted Wed 23 Mar 22 @ 8:25 am
Uuuh....Magic happens....with this move you've just managed to make me switch from Traktor after 15 Years.

Had this Mapping running for a while now. Seems really stable and I've already managed to make some mapping adjustments. But I'm still a total newbie to the whole VDJ Mapping System.

Here are some of my thoughts:

- In the browser view it would be nice to include [Shift+Browse Encoder] to go through playlist per page to make scrolling faster in large lists.

- The browser implementation of "Rating" would be nice. That's a crucial "Energy" related replacement for me. You could save screen space by using stripes instead of stars.

- Is it possible to make the browser's "Color rules" viewable? (That could also replace missing "Rating" option)

-- Is it possible to change the screen information for the bottom encoders after remapping them?

After all...is this the right Forum post for D2 Mapping questions or is it really just related to the D2 Screens. Don't wanna mess things up here.

Thanks a lot....Great work!

Posted Tue 12 Jul 22 @ 4:54 pm
I've been mapping the faders to the stems for rhythm, bass, instruments and vocals and also created a padbank for stem mutes and stem fx. And I have to say...it feels amazing! A real natural workflow in conjunction with classic EQs on my mixer.

So, it would be great to have a more stems concentrated mapping (replacing the sampler controls, which I don't use (yet ;) ). The D2s simply feel as they where made for that. Of course I was able to map most of it myself, but the screen related encoders don't do anything meaningful now as they are a bit harder to map when it comes to propper visual feedback.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 22 @ 3:35 pm
Wow...once you've get yourself into some xml basics it's amazing how fast and easy you can modify the mapping + the screen information! Something I could only dream of in Traktor! Well implemented!

I was already able to replace the key information with rating + the option to sort by rating.

Also multiplied the shift browser enc behavior to browse pages (x7).

Posted Fri 22 Jul 22 @ 1:28 pm
Just got a pair myself, I would be happy to test any custom implementation of these D2's within VDJ :-)

Posted Tue 04 Oct 22 @ 12:30 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Octobbird

would you be willing to share the changes to your mapper? I'd like the test the faders for Stems. I don't use the sampler so the faders in its current state are worthless to me. thanks

Posted Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 2:18 am
Is it possible to show the different pad modes on the bottom of the screen? I have this view with a customized traktor gui and would like the same view on VDJ. All help is appreciated

Posted Wed 14 Dec 22 @ 1:45 pm
Hello Everyone, I'm using a pair of D2's with VDJ as well. But for some unknown reason I have nothing but the Traktor Kontrol D2 logo showing on both. All functions seem to be working fine , just no display? Can anyone point me in the direction of what I'm either missing or doing wrong? Your help would be GREATLY appreciated! Happy Holidays!

Posted Sat 17 Dec 22 @ 8:48 am
pmgdiasHome userMember since 2021
I've recently subscribed VDJ Pro for a longer term trial and tryed to use my beloved D2's with it, however the screens are completely jumbled and garbled. However when i close VDJ they show the VDJ logo correctly. Is this a known issue? Using VDJ 2023 last version (downloaded today)

Posted Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 3:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can u post some picture showing what you get ?

Posted Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 5:56 pm
Of course :

Posted Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 10:20 pm
Just adding that they work correctly with that "other NI software" :), so there is no hardware issue :)

Posted Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 10:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Weird, never seen this before.
Is it like this when only a single D2 is connected with VirtualDJ ?
No other MIDI/DAW/DJ software running at the same time , right ?

Posted Mon 02 Jan 23 @ 2:06 pm
Nothing else is running (software wise), but I have a Z2 and 2x D2 connected at the same time.

Behaviour is the same on both D2's

Posted Tue 03 Jan 23 @ 6:38 pm
After closing VDJ

Posted Tue 03 Jan 23 @ 6:45 pm
After trying a few options I pinned down the issue to AMD graphics card drivers incompatibility.

So I've managed to fix it by forcing VDJ to use the Intel CPU GPU instead of the GFX card.

I did it by going to Start Menu -> Graphics Settings -> Choose an app -> Browse (selecting the VDJ exe) and then setting the Intel CPU GPU instead of the AMD gfx card.

Hope this helps someone in the future with the same issue.

Posted Tue 03 Jan 23 @ 7:21 pm
The D2 Screens aren't working anymore since the last update. I get the Traktor Kontrol D2 screen rather than saying Virtual DJ

Posted Mon 06 Mar 23 @ 9:50 pm
Whoa...I've been writing on this board without anything happening at all for a while...so sorry...I just didn't realized there's so much activity all of a sudden.

Some have asked if I could share my version of the mapping. Here you go:

http://vegfiles.various-vegetables.org/index.php/s/SC9DMbbzSb7q9Xw

As with the original mapping you have to install the sceens zip into the skins folder (don't unzip it! just as is) and the xml file into the "Mappers" folder.

I'm far from being a coding wizard, so I really just hacked my way into this.

The main differences to the original mapping (as far as I remember) are:
- The four sliders always control the stems for beats, bass, melody and vocals. Values are represented on the screen as % values.
- The four small Encoders are mapped to the second fx control of each of the four fx slots. (with visual feedback.
- In Browser mode I replaced the "Key" column with "Rating". It still uses the key color coding so you get a clue.
- In Browse Mode: Using shift+browse encoder lets you scroll faster.

+ a handful of minor mapping changes I made along the way to fit my personal workflow.

Posted Sat 25 Mar 23 @ 10:01 pm
bmac16 wrote :
Is it possible to show the different pad modes on the bottom of the screen? I have this view with a customized traktor gui and would like the same view on VDJ. All help is appreciated

I guess it is, but it could be a bit more complicated if you're trying to implement new gui elements.

All I did when making minor changes to the D2 screen gui was downloading Notepad++ for xml coding and then trying to locate the different gui elements by try and error. So I was always only changing existing gui elements. To implement new ones you have to dig quite a bit deeper into VDJ skin coding.

Posted Sat 25 Mar 23 @ 10:11 pm
91%