Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Brand new computer. Nothing but trouble with VDJ21
Just opened up a brand new Lenovo Legion I-7 with 16 gb ram nvidia geforce rtx card and 1TB hard drive with its only purpose for VDJ21.

I first loaded 375 GB of music folders. Then I downloaded VDJ21. Started to scan folders.

Closed the program after a folder was done. Then tried to re open. Only parts of the screen re opened!!!! Literally no decks appears a line down the screen nothing working???

I would run my mouse over the screen and some things would begin to appear???

What the hell is happening? My old 8 version is bullet proof, I may never EVER use 21 in a live environment if I simply can not open and close it without issues??? Not confident at all.

Please let me know what is going on?

Posted Wed 27 Oct 21 @ 3:00 pm
What's going on is your graphics card drivers, not VDJ.

Anyway if you migrate your old VDJ data you won't need to rescan anything.

Posted Wed 27 Oct 21 @ 3:01 pm
I thought VDJ21 required an Nvidia graphics card? That is what I got. So my fancy new video card isn't compatible? Please let me know if there are some settings I need to configure.

I was able to reach someone on the live chat. They told me to delete my settings file.

I did that and everything opened and closed just fine. The person also said to do a fresh scan of each song, which only took a few hours. Then I manually adjusted the tags that did not come up.

Everything appears to be working. However I have not connected it to my Denon 4000 yet.

Are there any performance tweaks I should do to my operating system to make VDJ21 bullet proof?

Thanks! Chris

Posted Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 3:16 pm
Should just work assuming you have the correct MC4000 drivers installed

Posted Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 3:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Visit nvidia.com and install the latest available drivers.

Posted Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 4:12 pm