Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DDJ SX3 faders and deck controls are mixed up. Must be a simple fix, I just can't find it
Kman KPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Hello guys, I've recently got a new DDJ SX3 and I'm struggling to make it work with VDJ. I have updated firmware and the drivers but it doesn't seem to solve this issue:

- The way the faders are numbered on the DJ controller is 3 (the most left fader) - 1 - 2 - 4 (the most right fader). If I'm playing in two-deck mode, only fader 3 and 1 are working where 3 is controlling the left deck and 1 is controlling the right deck. What it should be is fader 1 controlling the left deck and fader 2 controlling the right one. I was playing with "Deck" tab changing the number squence in Settings/ Controlers but just can't get it right.

Did anyone face this issue? I'm pretty sure there must be an easy fix and it looks like faders are assigned to incorrect decks but I just can't work it out.

Thank you in advance for the help.

K

Posted Mon 05 Jul 21 @ 1:58 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In VDJ Settings, MAPPING tab, when you select the SX3, notice the Deck assign on the right side.
It should say (Automatic) 1,2,3,4 as shown here.. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsx3/setup.html . Set it that way , if not already.
Make sure the Audio Setup is as shown in the same manual page (same decks assigned to same channels)

Also check in OPTIONS for MixerOrder, it should be to 3124 (default)

Posted Mon 05 Jul 21 @ 5:55 pm
Thank you DJ Dad, it worked perfectly!

I've checked all other functions and it all seems to be working fine except from the effects. All that is just completely messed up with one button turning effects on both sides, and the 2nd effect button is skipping through effects rather than applying one..seems like the same problem with wrong action being assigned to the effect button.

Is there a way I could reset it, or I have to trace every single step manually?

Thanks,

K

Posted Thu 08 Jul 21 @ 12:19 pm

Posted Thu 08 Jul 21 @ 12:27 pm
Thank you for your help. It seems to be working fine now..maybe the last question. Not sure what so set the high-pass and low-pass on the echo settings as it seems a bit "light" at the moment. Any suggested settings which would work well for Echo-Out situation?

Other than that I've go Dub Echo on the main set which I can use but it's very well designed for Echo outs

THanks,

K

Posted Mon 12 Jul 21 @ 7:07 am