Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Gemini PMX10 Microphone

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Gemini PMX10 Mixer connected to VDJ with 2 cdjs. I’ve worked out how to record my mix by doing a record loopback from the rec output into one of my cdjs channel input but I’m having issues connecting a microphone to it and recording/broadcasting.

I’ve connected the microphone to the back of the PMX10 and added it as a mic line in the settings but it doesn’t record any vocals etc. I’ve turned it on in vdj and turned it up on my mixer but literally nothing.

Would appreciate some help as I’m going a bit mad

Posted Wed 21 Apr 21 @ 2:26 pm
Probably want to set the record loopback from the mixer (and not the CDJs)

The mic on the mixer is all hardware (and not controlled by VirtualDJ). So just operate it from the mixer (in hardware) and with the correct loopback it will all be part of master output of the mixer (for recording/broadcast)

And you might as well just set the Deck outputs from VirtualDJ direct to the mixer as well (and not use the CDJs as sound card)

https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/gemini/pmx10/advanced.html

Posted Wed 21 Apr 21 @ 2:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
CDJs dont have any USB Input, just output, so you cant use the CDJ as "record loopback" input in VirtualDJ Setup.
If you dont have any other USB sound card with Inputs to use, then route the REC/BOOTH signal to the Line/Mic input of your computer's built in sound card and use that as Record loopback.

Posted Wed 21 Apr 21 @ 10:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)