Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ns7III on vdj2021 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

FroodooPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Froodoo wrote :
Froodoo wrote :
djdad wrote :
Please try with the latest Early Access Build and default mapping

Where do I find this build???

OK, found it after searching for a while. Thank you!

Sorry, no, I just found the changelog but no link the Early Access Build...

Posted Mon 23 Nov 20 @ 8:37 pm
Froodoo wrote :
Froodoo wrote :
Froodoo wrote :
djdad wrote :
Please try with the latest Early Access Build and default mapping

Where do I find this build???

OK, found it after searching for a while. Thank you!

Sorry, no, I just found the changelog but no link the Early Access Build...

OK, no I got it. You have to enable earlyAccessBuild in the Internet section of Options to be updated with this build.

Posted Mon 23 Nov 20 @ 8:43 pm
rizla70Home userMember since 2008
I wouldn't bother mate, I have tried it and it's a joke. This software is rubbish!!!! Sorry to say that, I have used vdj for years but it just does not work with ns7 3.

Posted Mon 23 Nov 20 @ 8:55 pm
rizla70 wrote :
I wouldn't bother mate, I have tried it and it's a joke. This software is rubbish!!!! Sorry to say that, I have used vdj for years but it just does not work with ns7 3.

Of course it does - it's been working for years and years
Right now improvements are being made to spinning platters support, which will make it work even better.
So with that in mind it would be a great help if you could help test those improvements
Even if you fore sone reason you are unable to help, please don't discourage others from doing so

Posted Mon 23 Nov 20 @ 9:06 pm
What is different or changed from before?
I have the NS7 II.
Greetings Dani

Posted Tue 24 Nov 20 @ 1:34 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
rizla70 wrote :

Right now improvements are being made to spinning platters support, which will make it work even better.
So with that in mind it would be a great help if you could help test those improvements
Even if you fore sone reason you are unable to help, please don't discourage others from doing so

I understand what you are saying, I dont intend to be rude, it's just very frustrating as I only recently purchased my ns7 3 and I just want it to work and at the moment it just does not with vdj 2021.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 20 @ 5:15 pm
rizla70 wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
rizla70 wrote :

I understand what you are saying, I dont intend to be rude, it's just very frustrating as I only recently purchased my ns7 3 and I just want it to work and at the moment it just does not with vdj 2021.

If you've just recently got the NS7III, you may need to get it calibrated https://www.numark.com/kb/article/1798 . when you've done that use any 64bit build below 6106 (even though 6106 is actually fine on my NS7III - but just in case eh) http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html .

Posted Tue 24 Nov 20 @ 9:18 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
rizla70 wrote :
klausmogensen wrote :
rizla70 wrote :

What problem do you have exactly with the early access release?

Posted Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 3:17 am
what a bad to the bone 2021 version but we can expected problems i have a ns7ii and i was reading all the posts on numark and motors.. so i downloaded the 6173 i tested and my controller worked for a bit untill when working with the pitch.. when deck one started playing backwards when lower and when i advanced speed it played forward at a high rate.. with such a outstanding team i confident that all will be worked out . in the meantime i will keep reading up on vdj. and ears open ! keep up the good work staff team and community. rock on VDJ!

Posted Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 6:48 am
I've tested the 6173 build to on my NS7II, some things worked better than before, some not. The sync function seems to work, but sometimes I had to press the Sync button twice to sync the two tracks. After the first press of the button the faster track kept running a little faster, the second press made it sync. That's of course not the best way to work. But what is worse: when I use the manual pitch control the track stops playing at a pitch of about + or - 3%. That's a no go. Then I switched the motors off, started a track and when I used the manual pitch control the jogwheel started turning (!) at about +/- 3% pitch. However, no scratching was possible, I could just bend the pitch a little bit by touching the vinyl on the platter. This all happened with the EZRemix EQ setting. I suppose this has an influence on these phenomena. With the ModernEQ setting I experienced other problems: Jumping to a preset cue point and playing a cue loop in sync was not possible because VDJ jumped to a random position and the track was totally out of sync.

Posted Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 2:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@Froodoo,
And this is with the factory default mapping ?
If so, can you try to map the MOTOR_SPEED key as .. constant 1.0 and see if the Pitch Up/down fader works now ?

Posted Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 3:03 pm
Thanks Linton, I'll give it a go.

Posted Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 5:28 pm
Does anyone else get tracks freezing/stuttering? I have tried every latency and buffer settings I have a gpu in my pc to boost performance and have optimized my pc for latency etc. Also I disable security settings when mixing, the same things I have always done when mixing with any other controller/software. Dont know what else I can do?

Posted Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 6:13 pm
Thanks to dj linton, I have calibrated my ns7 3 and gone back to build 6067 and so far it's all working ok. Did a 2hr mix last night and have had it running for 3 hours tonight and so far so good.

Posted Thu 26 Nov 20 @ 7:18 pm
rizla70 wrote :

Then go back to a previous build
Calling a great software with 20 years of history and hundreds of releases rubbish because one build creates a specific problem on your specific controller is just crazy to me

Posted Sun 29 Nov 20 @ 7:20 am
klausmogensen wrote :
rizla70 wrote :

Then go back to a previous build
Calling a great software with 20 years of history and hundreds of releases rubbish because one build creates a specific problem on your specific controller is just crazy to me

Look I came on here for some advice, most people have been great. If you want an argument go somewhere else.

Posted Sun 29 Nov 20 @ 8:58 pm
rizla70 wrote :
If you want an argument go somewhere else

Excuse me, but it was you who wrote "I wouldn't bother mate, I have tried it and it's a joke. This software is rubbish!!!!"

Anyone who saw that might think you were the one looking for an argument.

It's only to be expected that people here who know the software is not "a joke" or "rubbish" will respond to a post claiming that it is.

Posted Mon 30 Nov 20 @ 9:31 am
And what is with the Trakto S4 Mk3 Platters.
Have have the Devs try to contact NI for this.

Posted Tue 01 Dec 20 @ 1:48 pm
djdad wrote :
@Froodoo,
And this is with the factory default mapping ?
If so, can you try to map the MOTOR_SPEED key as .. constant 1.0 and see if the Pitch Up/down fader works now ?

Sorry for answering so late... I've returned to build 6106 where everything seems to work fine so far.

Posted Sat 05 Dec 20 @ 4:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)