Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: HELP!! Denon MC6000 not being recognized. Cannot select in audio options

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TJR504PRO InfinityMember since 2016
Perhaps due to a recent windows update, or some other issue, my MC6000 is suddenly not being recognized by my software. It is running just as a soundcard, where I can get audio through the mixer, but there's no other functionality. I have made sure my ASIO drivers are installed and up to date. When I go to the audio setup, it will not even allow me to select the mixer. Any idea?? TIA.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 4:47 pm
Asio drivers for the 6000mk1 are no longer supported, use wasapi instead which is built into windows snd should show in drop down list in audio setup

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 4:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The old version of ASIO driver (named as ) is indeed blocked.
But Denon has updated the ASIO Driver of MC6000 (named as Denon DJ DN-MC6000 ASIO) which is not blocked, can be used and installed from.. https://www.denondj.com/downloads#legacy (scroll down to MC6000 - the one called as 32/64-bit Windows driver (2015) )

Not sure though if there is an issue with the sound card, meaning that if the ASIO is not installed, you can still use the Windows WASAPI drivers, and of course the MIDI functionality should be there regardless.

Make sure you follow the setup instructions https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/denon/mc6000/setup.html

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 5:01 pm
I don't have an mkII, don't know if that makes a difference, but when did this change happen? I have used my mixer within the last couple months and had no issues. Also, when I select the WASAPI, I still have no functionality on the controller

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 5:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
TJR504 wrote :
... I still have no functionality on the controller

So when you move the Pitch fader on your MC6000, you dont see the Pitch fader on the screen moving too ?

BTW. I see in your stats that you had used DENON DJ ASIO for DJ Controller. This driver is not good for MC6000, so uninstall this and install the one from Denon (legacy) website i gave you above.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 5:14 pm
When i used my old 6000 with wasabi i had to change the little switch at back of controller from internal mixer to pc mixer, or visa versa been a while since i did it and have sold my old 6000 since, which i regreted afterwards

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 5:31 pm
THANK YOU!! All set now. The driver defaulted to DN-MC6000 (WASAPI), but the key was I was set on Int Mix, not PC Mix, and that did the trick. Thanks again.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 5:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)