Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Still need help with stem mapping - Page: 2
This is going to sound like a dummy question, but I'll ask it anyway. Is there a definitive simple guide that anyone can point to that shows how to do mapping as it relates to STEMS? YouTube video? The VDJscript guide in the WiKi is quite cryptic if you are not so inclined. Looking for a more "layman" type of instruction.

If for example you want to change Slicer Pad on a controller into a STEM control that simply turns on something like only_stem 'Instru' & only_stem 'Kick', and maybe also cause the pad to flash only when activated, how would that be done?

Posted Mon 14 Sep 20 @ 2:56 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
only_stem 'Instru' && only_stem 'Kick' && blink

Posted Mon 14 Sep 20 @ 3:05 am
Thank you @nicotux, but don't you have to designate the Pad Mode before you can define the action? If you see an existing definition for Pad Mode of [pad_page 2] for example, what does that really mean? If that gets changed to [pad_page stems] does that define the pads function for stems? Assuming this is the case, once thats done how do you then assign the syntax you suggest without affecting the pad function in other modes?

Thanks!

Posted Mon 14 Sep 20 @ 11:58 am
Discovered vDJ Pad Editor which allows to do exactly what I was wanting to do.

Posted Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 3:53 am
Nicotux wrote :
only_stem 'Instru' && only_stem 'Kick' && blink

So can this script be achieved with the point and learn ?

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 2:34 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
only single actions are click & learn, so it's up to you to chain single actions with "&"

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 2:43 am
locodog wrote :
only single actions are click & learn, so it's up to you to chain single actions with "&"

This is a reason I think a controller editor would be a good idea. Well really I cant for the life of me understand the scripting thing. And Im getting tired of asking for help and Im sure people getting tired of me asking. And its the only thing I miss from Traktor. Lol.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 6:45 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
click & learn can pick a single "already existing in skin" action; this can be a very complex scripts
it doesn't allow to chain them because complex scripts can't always be chain using "&" or "&&"

I agree with Djratedxxx919 this would be usefull in some case, specially with basic actions, and would be a good addition
manual scripting allows a better control but not all user have time/ability/need to learn it and many simple maps do not need scripts

what would be interesting too is the possibility to pick the script already selected in a custom_button instead of the custom_button action itself
because before adding a complex script to a controller map, it's always a good idea to test it, so that it already exists
(yes select/copy/paste exist too... bugs with them need to be fix)

What is really missing from VDJ is the MIDI/HID device keys definition (present in Traktor controller manager)

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 11:34 am
With modifiers for the complex scripting. Those & and &&, shifts and macros.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 20 @ 4:45 pm
How can I make a panel visible depending what eq mode is on?
I'm using an old skin I made and I'd like to switch the tags under the eq buttons

I have a big sign when using automix that is launched with this:
<panel visible="automix ? true : false">

but can't make it work with the eqmode
<panel visible="eqmode frequency ? true : false">
<panel visible="EasyRemix ? true : false">....... this things don't work

Posted Tue 22 Mar 22 @ 1:02 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
setting eqmode 'frequency'
setting eqmode 'ezremix'
setting eqmode 'moderneq'
setting eqmode 'stems'

Posted Tue 22 Mar 22 @ 1:19 am