Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Video slideshow shows video in between transitions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I've been having quite a lot of issues with the new 2020 version. My most recent problem is that if I play a slideshow over a music video, in between the transitions of the different slideshow videos, i am still seeing the music video I am covering in the background. Is there anyway to fix this to only show the slideshow when its activated?

Posted Fri 31 Jul 20 @ 11:03 pm
seen a few other ask same, maybe the Slideshow plugin should have a "set black background" in the effect settings (so that its black background during transitions)
(also useful for example if the slideshow photo does not fill the whole video frame)

For now, you can map the custom slider in skin to turn down video (aka, fade the video to black) with the action :
deck master video_level
That will do the trick ;-)

Posted Fri 31 Jul 20 @ 11:22 pm
hey, thanks for your quick response. Sounds like it will work until it hopefully gets that update. However (I know this is gonna sound dumb) I can't seem to find how to make a custom slider. i can make custom buttons, but i cant make a slider. this is what im looking at.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 5:43 am
That's the pad editor, not the button editor.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 1:19 pm
DJ/VJ Lil Buddy wrote :
hey, thanks for your quick response. Sounds like it will work until it hopefully gets that update. However (I know this is gonna sound dumb) I can't seem to find how to make a custom slider. i can make custom buttons, but i cant make a slider. this is what im looking at.

See here :
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/decksadvanced/custombuttons.html

I see you use old skin, but should be somewhat similar, and hopefully understood by manual above
(and if not, switch the modern default skin, perhaps ;-) )

Posted Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 1:24 pm
Got it. Thanks so much for the help. Yea i don't think this works with the old skin. But I got it setup and It works. 😃

Posted Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 6:32 pm
DJ/VJ Lil Buddy wrote :
Got it. Thanks so much for the help. Yea i don't think this works with the old skin. But I got it setup and It works. 😃

Good good ;-)

Posted Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 9:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)