Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can you combine different search terms/criteria in a single search field? (like a search expression)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ MekuHome userMember since 2019
I think you could do this in a version Traktor pro I was using, where you can combine search terms with logical operators like OR/AND/ONLY/EXCEP and so on.
I am finding myself wanting this feature, because I want to search for all tracks in key AND complementary key. Say A#m and C# for example, keys which I know would blend well. But I can only enter one search term. Does anyone know how to achieve this? Or if not possible, can it be a feature?

Posted Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 10:55 am
Read up on using filter folders. You can use "key difference" to list all compatible tracks, to your chosen parameters.

[later] I see you've edited the key now. I had to resist the temptation to ask how you thought 3A and 12A were compatible!

Posted Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 11:22 am
Hahaha! Yes, I just noticed and edited :-)
Aaah, yes! Filter folders partially help, but I'm having a challenge with the scope. It searches compatible keys in the entire database instead of that particular folder/playlist I'm in, despite changing the filter "scope" to "folder"...

Posted Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 11:44 am
Did you put the filter folder within a folder (as a "subfolder") so there is a folder to scope?

Alternatively, you can do a database scope, but add file path as part of the filter script : filepath contains "housemusic/2020"

Posted Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 11:49 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have the key difference fleld visible in Browser and click the field label to sort tracks by key compatibility.
Then every time you search for some track, you will get the compatible ones at the top.

In the Search field, you can combine texts and numeric ranges for the fields you have selected in Search Options.
E.g. if you have selected genre and BPM, you can type
latin 120-130
and you will get all latin genre tracks between 120 and 130 BPM sorted by key compatibility.

Posted Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 11:50 am
Thank you for these insightful responses!
I can almost see a way of achieving this;
A working solution for now is very similar to /user/Rune_(dj-in-norway)/'s response,
But instead of a path to a folder, I wanted to pass in the playlist name if possible, since 99% of songs in my playlist are online (Beatport, Beatsource, etc.)
So what I did was pre-tag those songs' User 2 field with the playlist name "Trap2020" and then set the filter folder as
"Key Difference = 0 and User 2 contains Trap2020" and that works for me!
Thank you all so much for the responses!
This community is awesome!

Posted Mon 27 Jul 20 @ 1:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)