Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Headphone mix dial - No sound at 0

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I just got a Hercules Starlight to play around with and I've remapped the headphone volume to be Headphone Mix. The dial responds, but I get no sound at all at 0. Set at 0 should be 100% the cue track/PFL, but I get silence. As I raise the dial to 50, I get both songs. When I go to 100, I get the master song only. This happens no matter what I have selected for A & B. However, when I remap the headphone volume dial back to normal, I can change the headphone mix with the mouse and it works like it should. I would much prefer to have it on the physical dial, though.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 8:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You cant really map this knob, as it is a hardware one, meaning it controls the level of the Headphones Output of the device even if not mapped.

If mapped, it will perform both actions, so even if you think it will act only as Headphones Cue/Mix, it will still control the Headphones volume, that's why you get this behavior.

Same goes for the Master Volume knob, in case you try to map that as Headphones mix ;)

Unless of course you use a different sound-card and not the built-in of the Starlight. In this case, you can map those 2 as you wish.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 9:01 pm
I have a separate sound card. I'll hook it up and give it a shot. Thanks!

Posted Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 10:41 pm
Now Virtual DJ can't see the other sound card, though it worked fine when I used it on another controller. The card shows up in the device manager, but not in VDJ.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 10:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Which one is that ?
What do you mean not shown in VDJ ? You won't get any button but the sound card should be in the soundcards drop down to manually assign Master to it

Posted Fri 03 Jul 20 @ 12:57 am
Yeah, it's not in the drop down. It shows up as USB-3 in the device manager and that's what it says with the other controller (no built in sound card). When the Starlight is plugged in, the USB sound card just doesn't exist as far as VDJ is concerned.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 20 @ 12:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)