Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ Seems to Auto Filter or EQ my tracks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JtheezyHome userMember since 2020
Hi all,

I'm new to Virtual DJ and very regularly the sound coming out is being auto filtered - pretty much every 2 seconds or so. I can't see any effect that I have put on and it seems to happen only to songs that I've loaded into the decks for the first time. It looks like the software is rendering the track chronologically and if I skip to the point further than the rendering occurs then it sounds normal. What the hell is going on and how do I stop this as it's driving me to distraction? Do I really have to preload a track and let it render for 5 minutes before I can play it out?

Thanks

Posted Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 2:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If it really takes 5 minutes to analyze Stems, then you need either to upgrade your computer or disable Stems (mathengine setting)

You can still try the latest Early Access Build though and see if any better

Posted Thu 02 Jul 20 @ 2:42 pm
JtheezyHome userMember since 2020
Okay thanks for this - my computer is definitely quite old so its CPU sometimes leaves something to be desired.

To be clear - if I go for the normal eq options then Virtual DJ will not attempt to analyze the stems?

Posted Fri 03 Jul 20 @ 7:52 am
Turn the mathengine off.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 20 @ 7:55 am
It sounds like you are using EZREMIX mode, and your EQ knobs are NOT set to 12. It will sound like an effect is on if you are in EZREMIX mode, and have value on your EQ knobs.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 20 @ 9:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)