Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Anyone lost any gigs due to COVID-19? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My Hotel residency closed its doors completely to the public yesterday. But, they have been working flat out behind the scenes over the weekend rescheduling weddings affected by the Covid-19.

I received an email today with all the new rescheduled dates. The first one is on the 16th of July, then, 14th August onwards. Most are August and September, a few are next year.

I've taken the opportunity to upgrade my macOS from Mojave to Catalina last night. Still exploring it, VirtualDJ is working fine although I haven't tried my Denon MC7000 & MC6000MkII yet. I don't envisage any problems as they are class-compliant i.e. don't need drivers. My PromoOnly Pool Player was in doubt, but, it worked the first time without having to tweak it. :-)

Right, I'm off for some more playing and exploring this new macOS.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 20 @ 3:00 pm
Just went to a slow week here in Nairobi, Kenya. Clubs are being closed @ 7.30 pm meaning no jobs for us Djs.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 20 @ 3:16 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Total four week lockdown 24/7 here in New Zealand. I expect it will last longer than that. Everything cancelled. Everything. Gigs, day job, everthing closed except hospitals and supermarkets.

Posted Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 1:28 am
it's been bad in Utah, Djs been losing all business.
The Stimulis Package does make it possibile to recoup losses as long as you have either reported earnings on yo9ur taxes, and/or, show continual Payroll through this crisis showing you are keeping people working

Posted Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 4:00 pm
"ANYONE LOST ANY GIGS DUE TO COVID-19?"

yes
all of them.
2x Weekly DJ residencies, all one off events, and my photography work. all cancelled

Posted Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 5:02 pm
A resident from Ewing threw a party with 46 people including a DJ, in a 500 sqft apartment. Police broke it up and gave the owner a citation. I would not even accept a gig right now. This is going to be a tough time for a lot of us, so stay safe.

Posted Sun 29 Mar 20 @ 11:18 pm
Yes, All of them.
No gigs booked this year. I hope it returns to normal after the summer.

I use the time to build new speakers and repair stuff.

Posted Tue 31 Mar 20 @ 11:02 am
Yes, everything is canceled for the foreseeable future in the USA.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 20 @ 1:09 am
You win the award for stupidest question of 2020, I'm serious.

Posted Thu 09 Apr 20 @ 11:18 pm
burnyabad wrote :
You win the award for stupidest question of 2020, I'm serious.

You win the award for the most rudest comment on the VDJ forums.

Posted Mon 13 Apr 20 @ 11:50 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
visionz5 wrote :
burnyabad wrote :

Whoa there fellas, presumptions all over, this is an online forum, there's bound to be both ruder and stupider as sure as youtube has cat videos, to be fair to visionz5's OP it wasn't a given that the entire world would be put on pause a month a go, but here we are now, hindsight.

Now please don't continue this on tangent, there's still constructive discourse to be had without derailing the thread with bickering.

Posted Mon 13 Apr 20 @ 12:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)