Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: No sound coming through my headphones

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I need help adjusting the Audio Setting so I can hear the volume through my headphones. I switched from a PC to a 2019 MacBook Air. When I click on the audio settings, it's SPEAKER + HEADPHONE, COMPUTER AUDIO, OUTPUTS (Master & Headphones are MacBook Air speakers) and I can hear music through the laptop speakers. When I click to change it, the option is UC02 which I think is the USB port that I plugged in to read my music hard drive and my controller (DDJ-SR2), I can't hear music at all. On my PC, the option is DDJ-SR2 ASIO but it's not on the Mac. I can see music going through my controller because the levels are moving and I can control all of the features on the software. I can't hear anything through the headphone on my controller. Please help me?

Posted Sat 22 Feb 20 @ 8:13 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I don't have a Mac or DDJ-SR2 but hopefully this information will help.

Have you installed the Pioneer drivers and set the controller up per the hardware instructions (https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsr2/index.html)? Note that ASIO is Windows-specific and there is no Mac equivalent (it's not necessary) so you won't find it in your audio config.

If you are running Catalina, there are other steps you may need to complete. There have been many threads here about getting VDJ to run properly under the latest MacOS.

Posted Sun 23 Feb 20 @ 3:32 pm
Thanks for the suggestion. I did that but it's still not working.

Posted Mon 24 Feb 20 @ 5:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 24 Feb 20 @ 1:10 pm
I have the same problem no sound coming through headphones. What did you do to fix the problem. When did your problem start?

Posted Thu 27 Feb 20 @ 2:26 am
Thank you DJDad it worked. Once I downloaded the driver, I had to run it and remove the popup blocks.

Posted Tue 10 Mar 20 @ 3:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)