Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

For reporting any bug, questions or comment related to the latest version of VirtualDJ
(NOTE: VirtualDJ continuously updated, so many older topic on this forum are most probably already fixed in the current build)

If you need extended support, contact our Support Team.
Forum Guidelines  (*) The moderators hold the rights to remove, move or modify posts.
Topic: Problem Opening Database
HI all. Hoping someone can help. I have a VirtualDJ Pro Infinity license. I have been using Virtual DJ8 on a Windows 7 computer. No issues. I keep some emergency songs on the hard drive, but I primarily play from an external drive. I maintain 3 backup external drives that hold the identical libraries. Two of these stay in my office. The primary and one backup travel with me to my gigs. I assign my primary drive letter as G: and my backup drive letter as H: Knock on wood, I've never needed to resort to my backup drive, but update it weekly, just in case.

I recently purchased a Windows 10 computer, downloaded Virtual DJ2020 and followed all instructions for moving over to a new computer. My playlists have come over and I can see all of my music, but not everything has come over, such as cue points, play count, etc. As soon as I launch Virtual, I get a pop up message in the lower right corner stating "VirtualDJ - problem opening database Database G: could not be opened!" (See image) The same thing happens with the backup drive. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times trying different things each time. Moved everything except the settings XML from the Virtual DJ folder first before installing, Installed first, then moved everything from the virtual DJ folder over and the third time I installed, I didn't move anything over. Just installed and launched with the external drive. Same results. Same problem.

I really appreciate your time in reading this. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Dave

https://www.virtualdj.com/img/304232/74500/VDJ.jpg

Posted Wed 22 Jan 20 @ 8:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Any chance the Drive G (and especially the /VirtualDJ folder of it) needs read/write permissions for your new computer/user ?

Posted Wed 22 Jan 20 @ 11:05 pm
djdad wrote :
Any chance the Drive G (and especially the /VirtualDJ folder of it) needs read/write permissions for your new computer/user ?

Success! You know, I said to myself it's probably something obvious that I'm missing. But I never would have checked that. I'd buy you a beer if I could! Thank you very much for responding and thanks for the solution... very much appreciated!

Posted Thu 23 Jan 20 @ 1:27 am
Thanks, it worked for me too !!

Posted 4 days ago @ 1:43 pm