Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: que point export from vdj6 to vdj 2020 trouble shoot

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello vdj community good day, i am having trouble exporting on my laptop que points from virtual dj6 which i uninstall and download a fresh install on vdj2020 , it is basically downloading at start up its own data base xml option even when i copy and paste it still download its own any advice.

Posted Wed 04 Dec 19 @ 8:50 am
The new VDJ only reads and imports v7 databases, so you would have to go from 6 to 7 first, then run VDJ 8.

Posted Wed 04 Dec 19 @ 1:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Actually VirtualDJ 7 databases were still having v6 in their names.

You said you uninstalled version 6/7. Did you also deleted the database files from /Documents/VirtualDJ ?
Actually what VirtualDJ 2020 (version 8) is doing for the first time it runs , is to search for older database files and convert them to version 8.
If it doesnt find those files or finds a version 8 database file, nothing will be converted.

So the correct procedure is to have the v6/7 database files in place (/Documents/VirtualDJ folder for C: drive and root folder for all other Drives), have no database.xml (ver 8 database file) in (/Documents/VirtualDJ folder for C: drive and /virtualdj folder for all other Drives), have settings.xml deleted (from (/Documents/VirtualDJ folder) and open VirtualDJ.
Keep in mind that Cue points and other info are stored in database and not in Tracks Tags)

Posted Wed 04 Dec 19 @ 7:51 pm
hello djdad and groovingdj i tryed both of your advice step by step about 5 times and still no luck with the que points

Posted Thu 05 Dec 19 @ 5:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)