Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: macOS Catalina - Virtual DJ 2020 - Freezing. - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Should be fixed in early access build 5350.

Posted Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 5:38 pm
user20143008 wrote :
Hello,

I know that Mac OSX Catalina and being a beta none the less might be a issue however with virtual dj 2018 and 2020 anytime I exit out of virtual dj or load up the menu and exit out or make any kind of setting adjustment then it will hang for about 10 seconds and resume its self. Is this common? I am literally waiting for the final catalina to be released this month but as every update goes the problem persists. Mojave did not do this. I just want to know if this happens with anyone else using catalina.

thanks

Posted Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 9:21 pm
Hi I have the same problem when I tag an audio file or other manipulation I hope Apple will quickly make a fix

Posted Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 9:22 pm
Poissonnier wrote :
Hi I have the same problem when I tag an audio file or other manipulation I hope Apple will quickly make a fix

Try release 5350 (early access). You can download it directly at http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

The lagging issues seem to be fixed in this early access release. I'm testing it right now as I type this and the POI editor and Tag editor work perfectly with no lags or beachball. Try it out and if it doesn't work for you I suggest downgrading to release 4918. That older build worked for me as well:-)

Posted Tue 22 Oct 19 @ 6:05 am
This may be a dumb question, but I've just downloaded/installed VDJ 2020 on my iMac running Catalina. The installation seemed to go easily enough. There wasn't a whole lot of difference to the UI. And the version is telling me that it's v8.4 b5402. Is that the correct version for 2020?
Thanks in advance.

Posted Fri 06 Dec 19 @ 6:05 pm
Yes, that's correct.

Posted Fri 06 Dec 19 @ 10:41 pm
Hello friends! DJ here checking back in from the original October discussion about VDJ2020 and Catalina iOS freezing issues. I backed down and have been using an older version of VDJ since then without the problem (obviously). Just seeing if anyone knows if this issue has been fixed. I would love to use the new 2020 version without issues. Thanks

Posted Wed 11 Dec 19 @ 4:02 am
cmcarthur wrote :
Hello friends! DJ here checking back in from the original October discussion about VDJ2020 and Catalina iOS freezing issues. I backed down and have been using an older version of VDJ since then without the problem (obviously). Just seeing if anyone knows if this issue has been fixed. I would love to use the new 2020 version without issues. Thanks

Should be all good now, just run the update

Posted Wed 11 Dec 19 @ 1:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)