Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: macOS Catalina - Virtual DJ 2020 - Freezing. - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello,

I know that Mac OSX Catalina and being a beta none the less might be a issue however with virtual dj 2018 and 2020 anytime I exit out of virtual dj or load up the menu and exit out or make any kind of setting adjustment then it will hang for about 10 seconds and resume its self. Is this common? I am literally waiting for the final catalina to be released this month but as every update goes the problem persists. Mojave did not do this. I just want to know if this happens with anyone else using catalina.

thanks

Posted Fri 04 Oct 19 @ 5:04 am
I'm seeing similar lagging/freezing on the official Catalina release with Virtual DJ 2020. I'm seeing 3-5 second freezing and spinning pinwheel when updating id3 tags in the tag editor and also doing any drop down menu functions in the sidebar. Also seeing 3-5 second freezing when quitting the program. I had to manually update all of my playlists with new file paths due to the new volume structure under Catalina and I also manually scanned and updated my database and settings files for any old file paths that needed to be updated as well. Hopefully any lagging or freezing will be smoothed out and fixed in upcoming VDJ releases. I hope it doesn't affect overall program performance in live DJ settings :-S

Posted Thu 10 Oct 19 @ 10:56 am
yes im also having the same problems......but with vdi 2018 it works fine. its just the 2020 version the os freezes up for a couple seconds.....hope they sort it out real soon

Posted Thu 10 Oct 19 @ 2:08 pm
Installed VDJ 2020 and was getting the same freezing problem, have reinstalled VDJ 2018 and all is good again, hope this issue is fixed soon

Posted Fri 11 Oct 19 @ 10:58 am
Hope its resolved soon. I almost had a panic attack when it froze in front of this massive crowd of people and the song was coming to a end

Posted Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 4:50 pm
why are you using a beta OS in front of a crowd?

i know its been released but this thread is about the beta

Posted Sat 12 Oct 19 @ 5:54 pm
Why would anyone still be on the BETA when the official release is out? No matter I'll be downgrading to 2018 immediately as I can't stand this lagging when trying to create new CUE points in the POI. :-S

Posted Sun 13 Oct 19 @ 12:57 am
labozakHome userMember since 2013
On the new operating system Catalina does not start virtual DJ. I download the file from the virtualdj.com and does not startet.What to do?
Thanks

Posted Sun 13 Oct 19 @ 4:24 am
Please don't post the same message in different places. Once is enough.

Also, please do not hijack unrelated topics. Thank you.

I'm guessing here (because you haven't given enough information) but if you're getting a warning message about security, look here:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202491

Posted Sun 13 Oct 19 @ 6:44 am
Hi all,

I've removed the word "beta" from the title of the thread as it doesn't really matter whether its beta or not.

The issue of freezing is being investigated and a fix should be available soon.

Posted Sun 13 Oct 19 @ 11:30 am
Dan (DB82) wrote :
Hi all,

I've removed the word "beta" from the title of the thread as it doesn't really matter whether its beta or not.

The issue of freezing is being investigated and a fix should be available soon.

Thanks @Dan (DB82) Unfortunately downgrading to the last build of VDJ 2018 didn't fix the lagging for me. It's definitely something with Catalina. I've given VDJ all the access I can "Full Disk Access" etc. but that has no effect whatsoever on the lagging.

Posted Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 1:57 am
PatrickOK wrote :
Installed VDJ 2020 and was getting the same freezing problem, have reinstalled VDJ 2018 and all is good again, hope this issue is fixed soon

Can you tell me which exact version of 2018 you're running? I installed the last 2018 build before 2020 and that still lagged just like 2020.

Posted Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 1:59 am

the version that works for me right without freezing
install_virtualdj_2018_b4918_mac

Posted Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 1:07 pm
Anastasios kotsasavvas wrote :

Thanks will give that a try!

Posted Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 3:03 pm
Anastasios kotsasavvas wrote :

That worked THANKS!

Posted Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 3:09 pm
Have the same issue, I have a bad habbit of dragging songs onto a deck without stopping it, and have been getting the beachball for about 5 seconds, no issues as long as the deck has been stopped, again also with changing various other settings, doesn't affect music playing so its just a slight annoyance, so will just leave alone for now and see what the next update brings!. currently on v8.4 b5308

Posted Mon 14 Oct 19 @ 7:09 pm
i guess its the catalina os that's the cause......i down graded to mojave and that prob was no longer

Posted Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 12:32 am
user20368870 wrote :
i guess its the Catalina os that's the cause......i down graded to mojave and that prob was no longer

It's a potent mix of Catalina and the latest builds of VDJ. They changed a lot in the most recent builds with the default skin and the GUI colors and probably a lot of other code under the hood. After downgrading to an older build It was actually comforting to see the old Text resizer small and large "A" in the sidebar:-)

Posted Tue 15 Oct 19 @ 1:36 am
the lag, freezing, spinning wheel is a handicap. I dare not use any tagging while broadcasting. Not good. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted Sat 19 Oct 19 @ 6:29 pm
SparrowCerise wrote :
the lag, freezing, spinning wheel is a handicap. I dare not use any tagging while broadcasting. Not good. Am I doing something wrong?

If you want you can roll back to version b4918. That fixed my issues for the time being while Atomix works out the Catalina bugs. No lagging or freezing. Go here to download older versions: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

NOTE: If you do downgrade to an older version make sure to TURN OFF auto updates in the software preferences otherwise it will just upgrade to the lagging version again when you connect to the internet.

Posted Mon 21 Oct 19 @ 4:10 pm
71%