Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: BPM randomly changes on load
This just started happening in the last 2 weeks or so. Here's a scenario:

Load song on deck 1, BPM=102. I manually change that BPM to 108.

Load another song with BPM of 102 to deck 2. On load it reads, 106.5. Or sometimes it will just automatically match deck 1 and read BPM 108.

This is happening consistently on both decks now. On load, VDJ will automatically beatmatch the 2nd song or give it some weird BPM.

The way I want it to work is very simple. I just want it to load the song with the song's normal BPM. NO CHANGES.

I've searched the options and settings and any place where it has an option for the BPM to automatically change, I have it set to NO. I'm stuck now and don't know what to do.

Posted Sun 15 Sep 19 @ 10:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So the autoBPMMatch setting is set to No ?

Is the BPM change happening right after loading track, or after pressing PLAY on that ?

Posted Mon 16 Sep 19 @ 12:24 pm
djdad wrote :
So the autoBPMMatch setting is set to No ?

Is the BPM change happening right after loading track, or after pressing PLAY on that ?

Correct. autoBPMMatch is set to No. The change happens as soon as the track is loaded before pressing play. Just tried it again to verify and yep, it's still doing it. In my tests today, it's not doing the auto BPM match anymore. Instead, I'm noticing it's increasing the BPM about 4 beats. For example, I just loaded a song with a BPM of 99, yet on load it said 103. Just now I loaded a song with a BPM of 104 and when it loaded it said 108.20. Weird. (scratching my head) I can make a video showing this weird behavior.

Posted Mon 16 Sep 19 @ 5:14 pm
Hmm, what do you read in tooltip if you put mouse over the Pitch fader ? Is it on center.0% ?
if you are not using a controller, then perhaps you need to have resetPitchOnLoad to Yes.

Posted Mon 16 Sep 19 @ 5:51 pm
djdad wrote :
Hmm, what do you read in tooltip if you put mouse over the Pitch fader ? Is it on center.0% ?
if you are not using a controller, then perhaps you need to have resetPitchOnLoad to Yes.

I am using a controller, the DDJ-800.

Anyway, you are a genius! Lol... yep, that was it. Problem solved. It's working perfectly again. Thank you SO MUCH!!!

Posted Mon 16 Sep 19 @ 6:16 pm
If you are using a controller, it would be best to leave the resetPitchOnLoad to No.
If you set it to Yes, then software Pitch fader will be reset to 0% on track load, but your Hardware pitch fader may be in different position. In this case, you may get the hardware pitch fader not responding until it "catches" the software one (skin ghost fader helps here).
This is the default behavior in order not to have unwanted Tempo changes if you accidentally move it, but can behave differently with the ControllerTakeOverPitch setting

Posted Mon 16 Sep 19 @ 6:31 pm
djdad wrote :
If you are using a controller, it would be best to leave the resetPitchOnLoad to No.
If you set it to Yes, then software Pitch fader will be reset to 0% on track load, but your Hardware pitch fader may be in different position. In this case, you may get the hardware pitch fader not responding until it "catches" the software one (skin ghost fader helps here).
This is the default behavior in order not to have unwanted Tempo changes if you accidentally move it, but can behave differently with the ControllerTakeOverPitch setting

Thanks djdad! I appreciate the tips and advice, however for me it works better when it's set to YES. I completely understand about the hardware fader having to catch up with the software ghost fader if they're in different positions, etc. That's how I'm used to working and I prefer it that way. I don't like the default behavior AT ALL. That's what was giving me so many headaches recently so I am really glad and very thankful you showed me how to change it. I've been djing with VDJ professionally for a decade now and I know EXACTLY how I want/need things to work. I couldn't be happier right now. Thanks again!!!

Posted Mon 16 Sep 19 @ 7:06 pm
Hey guys.... I am having the same problem. I am using DDJ SX2 controller. Pro license. I updated software a couple days ago (as I always do when VDJ asks). Completely different look to the skin.... it wasn’t until this update that this started happening.
Load song on deck 1 - BPM 130 (example) - loaf on deck 2 - BPM 98 (example) - press PLAY on deck 2 and SYNC light comes on and deck 2 is now BPM 130. Happens on either deck and only seems to happen when I push play. AutoBPMMatch is set to No. reseat pitch on load is set to yes! Anything else I can try or look at? I’m sure it’s a setting somewhere? again, prior to this update all was perfect. Many thanks in advance!!

Eric
All Event Entertainment

Posted Sun 29 Sep 19 @ 2:22 pm
check smart play

Posted Sun 29 Sep 19 @ 5:44 pm
I am also having this problem, Any ideas what it could be ??

Posted Sun 29 Sep 19 @ 7:16 pm
Smart Play. Set it to off

Posted Sun 29 Sep 19 @ 8:28 pm
trying to fix a song's beat by playing a drum loop and adjusting the song to that loop....when I press play it goes back to beat matching.this is no good wanna go back to old version was working fine for me!!!

Posted Mon 30 Sep 19 @ 4:13 am
beaubonhomme050463 wrote :
trying to fix a song's beat by playing a drum loop and adjusting the song to that loop....when I press play it goes back to beat matching.this is no good wanna go back to old version was working fine for me!!!

Turn off Smart Play.

Posted Mon 30 Sep 19 @ 8:56 am
******** *************** "SOLUTION FOR ME" ****************** *****************************
I had the same problem but im not using VDJ im using YouDj.com and i found that Sync is on button was the problem there has to be a setting that is automatically synching SStrange its like they designed these softwares for the NON DJ in mind. So we are frustrated im sure its a synch bpm setting somehwere that you have to turn off. i'll probably do a youtube video about it soon to discuss

Posted Sun 13 Feb 22 @ 1:19 am
DJ LOlli pop-Ria wrote :
******** *************** "SOLUTION FOR ME" ****************** *****************************
I had the same problem but im not using VDJ im using YouDj.com and i found that Sync is on button was the problem there has to be a setting that is automatically synching SStrange its like they designed these softwares for the NON DJ in mind. So we are frustrated im sure its a synch bpm setting somehwere that you have to turn off. i'll probably do a youtube video about it soon to discuss

No need. It"s not a problem in Virtual DJ. The post you replied to is 3 years old

Posted Sun 13 Feb 22 @ 8:48 am
I want to say thanks for the questions and thanks for the response it really did solve my problem made the simple switch and I think life is going to be better now with Virtual DJ

DJ VomDiamond

Posted Wed 08 Jun 22 @ 3:06 am