Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon MC-6000 connectivity to PC questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Denon MC-6000 (MKI). It got some water damage (another story). It''s been dried out. And At first, it seems to work - to some degree. But my wife surprised me by purchasing another one from Guitar Center. I received the recently purchased one. But I can't get either to fully respond as I test them. My VDJ (latest build of V8) was setup perfectly if I just connected the ontroller. But now, neither are working as expected.

Maybe I'm missing something?? So I''m asking some basic procedural questions, like what should I check, and in what order? I'm guessing the firmware could be different. Before the water incident, my controller was working perfectly. I had buttons set for separate video transitions, audio effects including beat grid, loop out, brake and backspin. I mainly use the inner (2) lines for my left and right "sides" on the controller.

At home, I'm just connecting my PC (Windows 10 - latest OS update) to the 6000 via USB. Controller has power cable plugged in.

When I press the CUE button on a line, I get nothing in the headphones. This is for BOTH units.

My older (had water damage); the inner-most LINES (2 and 3), respond as expected - when I move the knobs on the controller, I see VDJ react accordingly.
The "newer" unit, only LINE 3 responds as expected. The "HIGH", "MID" and "LOW" and GAIN knob do not respond in VDJ.

It's been so long since I first set this up. What am I missing? I appreciate any help and suggestions. Thank you.

Posted Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 12:28 am
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Check your switches at the top of the channels - they should be on USB/midi if I recall correctly.

Posted Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 2:32 am
PhilW wrote :
Check your switches at the top of the channels - they should be on USB/midi if I recall correctly.

Yes, good call. I have them all set to MIDI. I think I have 2 bad units. It shouldn’t be this difficult. My older unit did in fact obtain water damage so it seems. And this used unit my wife purchased is a clunker too. I saw the PAUSE button on the left deck just barely abnormally blinking. I don’t think Guitar Center checks units they take in to sell, maybe I’m wrong.

I would think its easy: connect to PC via USB, press CUE on the line playing, turn up the volume on the headphones and hear. But neither unit is doing that. I’ve been using my MC-6000 for 4 years now. So I have concluded both are busted. I may send mine to a certified DENON repair shop.

Posted Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 2:54 am

Posted Tue 30 Jul 19 @ 1:01 pm
djles.co.uk wrote :
Have you read this thread?

Denon Drivers

Thank you for the info. I didn't know about this at all. The drive ASIO driver I was using was solid but ok.. Where do I download and how do I config? I'm so lost.....

Posted Sat 10 Aug 19 @ 10:46 pm
There's another thread here.

Posted Sun 11 Aug 19 @ 7:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)