Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon ASIO driver no longer used on windows (use WASAPI instead) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

BUILD 5044 (2019-06-14)
-Denon ASIO driver no longer used on windows (use WASAPI instead)
What the hell is this???
I have a MCX8000 and MC4000. For the MCX8000 is it not a problem to use WASAPI, but I don't want do without Asio.
The MC4000 has not WASAPI into the Audio configuration.
Please go back to ASIO.
See also the German forum.

An angry user
mobilbude

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 1:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
 Best Answer The driver that is blocked due to stability issues is the one named as "DENON DJ ASIO Driver" and affects the controllers HC4500, HC5000, HD2500, X-1600, MC3000, MC6000, S1200, S3700, SC2900, SC3900
For all the above controllers, even if its ASIO driver is installed, VirtualDJ will ignore it and use the WASAPI WIndows driver, which in our tests works just fine.

Every other Denon controllers which offers a (different) ASIO driver (including MC4000 and MCX8000) will work as it was already.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 3:21 pm[ selected best answer by Rune (DJ-In-Norway) on Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 9:05 pm ]
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
From what I can see the mc4000 uses a different ASIO driver from the old one that is blocked now.
You tried it with the new version already?

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 1:44 pm
No, let us know which Denon controllers drivers are no longer supported

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 2:46 pm
The ones for which the asio driver has the name "DENON DJ ASIO Driver"
(And all are still supported, as all we found and tried worked fine with wasapi)

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 2:51 pm
Again, I have a Denon MCX8000 and a MC4000!
Is the ASIO support stoped for this Controllers, YES or NO???

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 2:54 pm
I think they both use different asio drivers, so they should still be available.
We just tested, and the MC4000 also works fine using WASAPI btw.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 3:19 pm
The driver that is blocked due to stability issues is the one named as "DENON DJ ASIO Driver" and affects the controllers HC4500, HC5000, HD2500, X-1600, MC3000, MC6000, S1200, S3700, SC2900, SC3900
For all the above controllers, even if its ASIO driver is installed, VirtualDJ will ignore it and use the WASAPI WIndows driver, which in our tests works just fine.

Every other Denon controllers which offers a (different) ASIO driver (including MC4000 and MCX8000) will work as it was already.

Selected as best answer Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 3:21 pm
mobilbude wrote :
but I don't want do without Asio.

Thats actually a myth. The WASAPI driver is just fine and its available in almost every controller with built-in sound card. You can also adjust the latency from VDJ settings to go as low as you want. The ASIO driver doesnt add anything to quality or even in functionality.

mobilbude wrote :
The MC4000 has not WASAPI into the Audio configuration.

Yes it does

but as said above , the MC4000 is not affected and will properly use its ASIO driver

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 3:30 pm
Would it be possible so that is WASAPI that's selected when clicking the default audio settings button for the Old Denons, but that you can then change it to ASIO in the drop downs if you want to use them? Or is just having old Denon ASIO drivers installed on Win10 enough to cause problems even if not in use?

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 3:33 pm
Its not a matter of what happens when you click the Controller's audio button. Its about a driver being unstable, so it had to be blocked completely. We cant rely on user's computer knowledge to manually test and risk an unstable driver.
What is the problem with using WASAPI for those ? Keep in mind that the MC6000 is probably a good example as the majority of users is using that with WASAPI. Even Denon has advised in their forums to use WASAPI for those cases

BTW, if you have any issues with WASAPI (drop-outs etc), you can try the exclusiveAudioAccess setting to Yes from VDJ Options.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 3:39 pm
djdad wrote :
Its not a matter of what happens when you click the Controller's audio button. Its about a driver being unstable, so it had to be blocked completely. We cant rely on user's computer knowledge to manually test and risk an unstable driver.
What is the problem with using WASAPI for those ? Keep in mind that the MC6000 is probably a good example of using WASPI from the majority of users. Even Denon has advised in their forums to use WASAPI

Ok, I haven't really looked into why WASAPI is unstable on my win7 32-bit gig laptop. I've just always run ASIO with my gig controllers (primarily Denon MC3000, Reloop TM4, Reloop TM8 and Pioneer DDJ-SR)
WASAPI seems to run fine when tested on a win10 64-bit laptop

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 3:43 pm
NO WASAPI, only for Realtek

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 3:47 pm
Are you sure the Denon MC4000 is connected at the time you took the screenshot ?
Keep in mind that the installed ASIO drivers will show up in that list, even if the controller is not connected, but the WASAPI will be in the list only if its sound card is available/connected.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 3:55 pm
4 Laptops without WASAPI
3x Windows 10
1x Win 7

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 3:58 pm
And when MC4000 is connected to a USB computer port, you dont get Denon WASAPI ?

But once again, the MC4000 is not falling into the blocked driver case, so the MC4000 ASIO driver will be available and working as before.
Really, i dont see the point of continuing this discussion, as it seems that you were terrified without reason.
Please connect your MC4000, do some tests and come back if any issue.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 4:00 pm
djdad wrote :
Are you sure the Denon MC4000 is connected at the time you took the screenshot ?
Keep in mind that the installed ASIO drivers will show up in that list, even if the controller is not connected, but the WASAPI will be in the list only if its sound card is available/connected.

Yes I am sure it is conntected. Screenshot from a Win7 and without Screenshot Windows10
That is what I am saying. The MC4000 has no WASAPI but the MCX8000 has WASAPI.
But I don't want work with WASAPI.
I had never Problems!!!

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 4:02 pm
LET US KNOW WHICH CONTROLLERS ARE NO LONGER SUPPORTED!!!

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 4:05 pm
djdad wrote :
The driver that is blocked due to stability issues is the one named as "DENON DJ ASIO Driver" and affects the controllers HC4500, HC5000, HD2500, X-1600, MC3000, MC6000, S1200, S3700, SC2900, SC3900

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 4:07 pm
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

So we know only the old Denon Controllers are no longer supported.

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 4:10 pm
mobilbude wrote :
4 Laptops without WASAPI

No, those laptops all have WASAPI.

It's supplied by Microsoft and is built into Windows (since Vista).

Posted Wed 19 Jun 19 @ 4:18 pm
21%