Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: action property

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

alucasCUE userMember since 2008
The <textzone> element has an "action" property that can be used, I presume, to for example blink the text:

<textzone action="songpos_remain 30000ms ? blink : off">

but then how do you specify the <text> child elements? I tried having <text> and <textselected> child elements as you would in a button that blinks its text but this didn't appear to work.

Posted Tue 05 Feb 19 @ 11:51 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Textzone only supports <text>. To blink a text use <button> without any graphics
Alternatively you csn use textzone without action and then use,,

<text .... action="blink ? get_text '' : get_time"/>

Posted Tue 05 Feb 19 @ 6:01 pm
Thank you for your prompt response. That works fine. So am I right in saying that if I want to have text that blinks between say white and grey then I have to use a <button> element and define the two text alternatives as <text> and <selectedtext> child elements (I got that by looking at the Remote default skin time display buttons)?

Posted Tue 05 Feb 19 @ 9:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, that is correct. The <button> gives you the option to use different text for "up" and "selected", so different colors, sizes etc, while textzone only provides 1x<text> line
Also, if you want to just blink a text, but no action to be triggered when clicked, you can have <button action="nothing">

Posted Wed 06 Feb 19 @ 12:23 am
There's another (IMHO better) way to do it:

<text color="`sonpos_remain 30000ms ? blink ? color 'red' : color 50% 'red' : color 'white'`" action="get_time"/>

action is better for cases like this:

<text color="white" action="key_lock ? get_text 'TEMPO' : master_tempo ? get_text 'TEMPO' : get_text 'PITCH' "/>

Posted Wed 06 Feb 19 @ 8:22 am
Thank you djdad and PhantomDeejay for your help. I got PhantomDeejay's suggestion working on my MacBook but not on my remote skin (iPad/iPhone). Is this expected? Using a dummy button as djdad suggested works fine on both.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 19 @ 2:52 pm
Yes, iRemote skin engine does not feature everything main application skin engine has. Therefore for iRemote you'll have to use djdad's method.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 19 @ 7:01 pm
OK. Great support, thank you.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 19 @ 9:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)